|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Elka?
(a) She becomes ill.
(b) She goes insane.
(c) She runs off.
(d) She leaves Gimpel.
2. What is Gimpel told to do for revenge against the townspeople?
(a) Steal food from the townspeople.
(b) Spit in the bread.
(c) Urinate in the bread.
(d) Defecate on the sidewalk.
3. Who wants Gimpel to marry Elka?
(a) The Farmer.
(b) The townspeople.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) His parents.
4. When Gimpel returns home after months of being away, who does Gimpel see in the bed next to Elka?
(a) The apprentice.
(b) The farmer.
(c) The baker.
(d) The Yanover rabbi.
5. Why are the townspeople afraid of Elka?
(a) She is bad luck.
(b) She is a murderess.
(c) She is prone to rages and hits people.
(d) She has a fierce tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rabbi tell Gimpel he can do regarding his marriage?
2. Why does Gimpel have to live with someone other than his parents?
3. What do Gimpel and Elka have in common?
4. When he visits Elka's house, what takes Gimpel's breath away?
5. After leaving Frampol, how does Gimpel always envision Elka?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)