|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elka make her deathbed confession?
(a) She just thought Gimpel should know.
(b) She is hallucinating.
(c) She wants to go clean to her maker.
(d) She wants Gimpel to know he wasn't her true love.
2. Who follows Gimpel to Elka's house?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) The Baker.
(d) Gimpel's parents.
3. When did Gimpel's opinion of the person who delivered bread to Elka for him change?
(a) After the baker started visiting the house.
(b) After the farmer grew vegetables for Elka.
(c) After the rabbi said prayers for Elka.
(d) After the apprentice started visiting the house.
4. What does Elka tell Gimpel has happened on their wedding night?
(a) She has decided that she wants more children.
(b) She has gotten her monthly.
(c) She has already bought another house.
(d) She has a headache.
5. Who is the child named after?
(a) Elka's father.
(b) Gimpel's father.
(c) Elka's mother.
(d) Gimpel's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After taking steps toward revenge, what does the second dream person tell Gimpel?
2. Who do the townspeople say lives with Elka?
3. When Gimpel states that he will "never marry that whore", what do the townspeople say?
4. After his dream in Chapter 4, what does Gimpel imagine the bread dough is saying to him?
5. What does Gimpel carry with him in his beggar's sack?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)