|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Gimpel confronts tell Gimpel to do?
(a) Admit that he isn't actually Elka's husband.
(b) Leave Elkaif he truely loves her.
(c) See an herb doctor or healer, as something is wrong with Gimpel's head.
(d) Bake some break for dinner that night.
2. What does Elka want before agreeing to marry Gimpel?
(a) A new puppy.
(b) A house built to her specifications.
(c) A dowry of fifty guilders.
(d) A vow of celibacy from Gimpel.
3. What happens four months after Gimpel and Elka get married?
(a) Elka gets pregnant.
(b) They get divorced.
(c) Elka gives birth.
(d) Elka miscarries.
4. When the Rabbi hears what Gimpel has said about Elka's infidelity, what does he say?
(a) Elka deserves to be loved and forgiven.
(b) He will have to reconsider the case.
(c) Gimpel eats too much.
(d) He knew that Gimpel would be happy in a new town.
5. When Gimpel asks Elka about all the negative things he has heard about her and asks that she not be deceitful, what does Elka say?
(a) "For he who causes his neighbor to feel shame loses Paradise himself."
(b) "Whoever tries to twist you up may his nose make a twist."
(c) "To hell with THEM!"
(d) "They are the fools."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elka do ten times a day?
2. In order to avoid a scandal, what does Gimpel do?
3. How does Elka look when Gimpel visits her home?
4. Who is Gimpel told he owes thanks to?
5. What is evident when Gimpel visits Elka?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)