|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
(a) A lump of pillows.
(b) Nothing--he made it all up.
(c) The shadow of a beam.
(d) A hallucination.
2. When people glare at the child, what does Gimpel do?
(a) Tells the child to get used to it, for the child is a bastard.
(b) Gets the child an abracadabra.
(c) Soothes the child with coos and words of love.
(d) Punches the glaring person in the mouth.
3. Where does Gimpel go when he leaves Frampol?
(c) Into the world.
4. What does Gimpel say about his ability to fight back?
(a) He beats people up when he gets angry.
(b) He is small and cannot fight.
(c) He is no weakling but prefers to let it pass.
(d) His parents won't let him hit people.
5. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elka tell Gimpel has happened on their wedding night?
2. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
3. What wedding gift made Gimpel suspicious?
4. How does Gimpel say he will meet death?
5. How are Elka's premarital demands met?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)