|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
(a) A hallucination.
(b) Nothing--he made it all up.
(c) A lump of pillows.
(d) The shadow of a beam.
2. What does Gimpel carry with him in his beggar's sack?
(a) Death shrouds.
(b) His will.
(c) A wad of money.
(d) A dradel.
3. What happens when the sexton announces the birth of Gimpel's child at the synagogue?
(a) The congregation cheers.
(b) Gimpel is deafened with sobbing.
(c) The House of Prayer rings with laughter.
(d) There is silence.
4. Gimpel states that, "All kinds of things happened," but what else does he say about these events?
(a) Because of these things he left Elka.
(b) They only happened in his mind.
(c) He was angered by these events.
(d) He neither saw nor heard, simply believed.
5. Who calls Gimpel by his nickname?
(a) His parents.
(b) The rabbi.
(c) The townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gimpel told to do for revenge against the townspeople?
2. What is Gimpel's profession?
3. Who follows Gimpel to Elka's house?
4. What does Elka want before agreeing to marry Gimpel?
5. What does the Rabbi's daughter make Gimpel do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)