|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Elka's premarital demands met?
(a) Gimpel builds a new house.
(b) Gimpel takes a mistress.
(c) Gimpel buys a dog.
(d) The townspeople take up a collection.
2. What is wrong with Elka when she becomes ill?
(a) There is a growth on her breast.
(b) She has diabetes.
(c) She is old.
(d) She is insane.
3. What is the first thing Gimpel says about himself?
(a) He doesn't think himself a fool.
(b) He thinks himself a fool.
(c) He doesn't think himself worthy of life.
(d) He thinks himself handsome.
4. What is Gimpel's objection to Elka's premarital requirement?
(a) He doesn't want to be celibate.
(b) He tells her it's the bride, not the groom, who offers a dowry.
(c) He tells her he already has a house built for them.
(d) He is allergic to dogs.
5. What does Gimpel tell the children to do before he leaves town?
(a) Remember him well.
(b) Forget him.
(c) Start their own businesses.
(d) Pray for their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
2. After Gimpel and Elka's separation, why does Gimpel not want a scandal?
3. Why does Elka make her deathbed confession?
4. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
5. What does Elka give birth to?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)