|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens four months after Gimpel and Elka get married?
(a) Elka gives birth.
(b) Elka miscarries.
(c) Elka gets pregnant.
(d) They get divorced.
2. How many children did Elka bear Gimpel?
3. What is Gimpel's objection to Elka's premarital requirement?
(a) He tells her he already has a house built for them.
(b) He is allergic to dogs.
(c) He tells her it's the bride, not the groom, who offers a dowry.
(d) He doesn't want to be celibate.
4. What does the Rabbi's daughter make Gimpel do?
(a) Kiss the wall.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Give her some bread.
(d) Trip and fall.
5. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(b) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(c) Beg for forgiveness.
(d) Admit her wrongdoing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnesses Gimpel right his wrong?
2. When Gimpel tells the children that he saw their dead mother, how do they react?
3. After seeing the suspicious wedding gift, what is Gimpel's resolution?
4. What does Gimpel steal for Elka?
5. After leaving Frampol, how does Gimpel always envision Elka?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)