|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gimpel want to go?
(b) To hell.
(d) Off to another town.
2. Who do the townspeople say lives with Elka?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her little sister.
(d) Her little brother.
3. When Gimpel states that he will "never marry that whore", what do the townspeople say?
(a) That Elka is a prostitute.
(b) That no one blames him if he doesn't want to marry Elka.
(c) That he should be glad that she's easy.
(d) That he should be ashamed of giving Elka a bad name and they can have him fined by the Rabbi.
4. What is Gimpel's response to Elka's wedding night claims?
(a) He has a headache too.
(b) He likes the idea of having two houses.
(c) Elka had the ritual bath yesterday, which happens after her monthly is over.
(d) He is resolute on being celibate.
5. What is the first thing Gimpel says about himself?
(a) He thinks himself handsome.
(b) He doesn't think himself a fool.
(c) He thinks himself a fool.
(d) He doesn't think himself worthy of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimpel say his foolishness consists of?
2. After hearing of Elka's infidelity, what does the Rabbi say Gimpel cannot do?
3. What evidence does Gimpel give that the child is not his?
4. Because of Gimpel's thieving, what happens to Elka?
5. When Gimpel comes home over the weekends, what does Elka do?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)