|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after Gimpel has returned home from a long separation from Elka, who does Gimpel confront?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) The apprentice.
(d) The "brother."
2. What does Gimpel see in his bed next to Elka?
(a) His new love interest.
(b) An empty space for him to sleep.
(c) A man's form.
(d) The baby.
3. After wanting to go home mid-week, who does Gimpel go to for advice?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The baby.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) The baker.
4. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
(d) He can't remember.
5. What does Gimpel do after Elka's death?
(b) Refuse to admit she has died.
(c) Observe a period of mourning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in Gimpel's dream say about God?
2. What does Gimpel tell Elka on her deathbed?
3. Instead of God or an afterlife, what does the the person in Gimpel's dream say is there?
4. What story does Elka tell Gimpel in an attempt to convince him that the child is his?
5. What is wrong with Elka when she becomes ill?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)