|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the townspeople say lives with Elka?
(a) Her little brother.
(b) Her little sister.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her husband.
2. What is Gimpel's nickname?
(a) Gimpel the Stupid.
(b) Gimpel the Butthead.
(c) Gimpel the Fool.
(d) Gimpel the Dunce.
3. After seeing the suspicious wedding gift, what is Gimpel's resolution?
(a) He is resolved to embrace Christianity.
(b) He will see what comes of it.
(c) He will run for his life.
(d) He will kill Elka first.
4. When Gimpel comes home over the weekends, what does Elka do?
(a) Make excuses to avoid sex.
(b) Shower Gimpel wih love.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Cook Gimpel's favorite meals.
5. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
(a) The feel of Elka's lips and taste of her tears.
(b) An ancient Torah by his bed of straw.
(c) Stray hairs from his children.
(d) Scratches from the Spirit of Evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gimpel rationalize Elka's behavior?
2. How had Gimpel felt previously about the person who brought Elka the food and money from Gimpel?
3. When the Rabbi hears what Gimpel has said about Elka's infidelity, what does he say?
4. What does Elka do ten times a day?
5. When Gimpel bluntly states that Elka has borne a bastard, what does Elka claim?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)