|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel say his foolishness consists of?
(a) He is easy to take in.
(b) He doesn't like people.
(c) He tells a lot of jokes.
(d) He is stupid.
2. How does Elka look when Gimpel visits her home?
(a) She is barefoot, wearing a worn plush gown with her hair in braids.
(b) She is still in her flannel pajamas with her hair all messy.
(c) She is dressed in red silk and preparing tea.
(d) She is naked.
3. What is Gimpel's defense against being called foolish?
(a) He likes jokes.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He can't tell when people are kidding.
(d) Everything is possible.
4. Where does Gimpel sleep during the week?
(a) The bakery.
(b) The barn.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The pub.
5. Traditionally, what were husbands supposed to do while their wives were in childbirth?
(a) Hold the wife's hand while she screamed.
(b) Visit the Rabbi.
(c) Wait outside the birthing quarters and pray.
(d) Visit the House of Prayer and repeat psalms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimpel steal for Elka?
2. Who beats up on Gimpel?
3. When Gimpel hints that Elka has fooled him, how does Elka respond?
4. When Gimpel states that he will "never marry that whore", what do the townspeople say?
5. While Elka is in labor, what does she scream to Gimpel?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)