|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true relation of the person who lives with Elka?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her illegitimate son.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her cousin.
2. After rationalizing Elka's behavior, what does Gimpel begin to agree with Elka on?
(a) That the baby is his.
(b) That Gimpel is a fool.
(c) That the sky is green.
(d) That Gimpel was hallucinating.
3. When Gimpel bluntly states that Elka has borne a bastard, what does Elka claim?
(a) Gimpel is the father.
(b) Gimpel knew she was pregnant when he married her.
(c) She has borne the new Jesus.
(d) The child is a miracle from God.
4. What evidence does Gimpel give that the child is not his?
(a) The child looks nothing like him.
(b) The child was born 17 weeks after their wedding.
(c) Gimpel and Elka had not had sex.
(d) Gimpel is infertile.
5. After seeing the suspicious wedding gift, what is Gimpel's resolution?
(a) He is resolved to embrace Christianity.
(b) He will see what comes of it.
(c) He will kill Elka first.
(d) He will run for his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a joke, what do the townspeople tell Gimpel has happened to his parents?
2. While Elka is in labor, what does she scream to Gimpel?
3. Who beats up on Gimpel?
4. Who is the child's favorite person?
5. Rather than get angry himself, what does Gimpel do when presented with a prank?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)