|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Elka tell Gimpel in an attempt to convince him that the child is his?
(a) Gimpel was drunk one night nine months ago and came to visit her.
(b) Elka's grandmother, whom she resembles, carried for the same short amount of time.
(c) An angel came to Elka in a dream and told her she would be the mother to the second coming of Christ.
(d) The child has Gimpel's nose and ears.
2. What does Gimpel see in his bed next to Elka?
(a) A man's form.
(b) The baby.
(c) His new love interest.
(d) An empty space for him to sleep.
3. What is evident when Gimpel visits Elka?
(a) She doesn't like him.
(b) She already knows who he is.
(c) She secretly loves him.
(d) She is surprised to see him.
4. What does Elka tell Gimpel has happened on their wedding night?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She has decided that she wants more children.
(c) She has gotten her monthly.
(d) She has already bought another house.
5. When Gimpel asks Elka about all the negative things he has heard about her and asks that she not be deceitful, what does Elka say?
(a) "For he who causes his neighbor to feel shame loses Paradise himself."
(b) "To hell with THEM!"
(c) "They are the fools."
(d) "Whoever tries to twist you up may his nose make a twist."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gimpel begin to forget his sorrow?
2. After the feast celebrating the birth of their child, what does Elka ask Gimpel?
3. What does Elka do ten times a day?
4. What is Gimpel's reasoning for considering marrying Elka?
5. Judging by Gimpel's description, how is Elka's current living situation?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)