|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Elka's explanation about the child, who does Gimpel visit to talk things over?
(a) The baker.
(b) The schoolmaster.
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The Rabbi.
2. How does Gimpel feel about Elka's infidelity?
3. What does Gimpel do while Elka is in childbirth?
(a) Holds Elka's hand while she screams.
(b) Waits outside the birthing quarters and prays.
(c) Visits the Rabbi.
(d) Visits the House of Prayer and repeats psalms.
4. The morning after talking with the Rabbi, what does Gimpel say after he arrives at his destination?
(a) He has made a mistake.
(b) He is happy to be in a new place.
(c) He is in love with Elka and will never leave.
(d) He is hungry and needs bread.
5. What is said about Elka at the wedding ceremony?
(a) She is both a widow and divorced.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She isn't fit to be wed.
(d) She doesn't really love Gimpel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice is given to Gimpel?
2. What does a mid-week event allow Gimpel to do?
3. After seeing the suspicious wedding gift, what is Gimpel's resolution?
4. After the feast celebrating the birth of their child, what does Elka ask Gimpel?
5. How does Gimpel begin to forget his sorrow?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)