|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice is given to Gimpel regarding Elka's explanation about the child?
(a) God makes miracles every day.
(b) Premature births do happen, so Gimpel should be grateful the child lived.
(c) Elka is a liar and he should already know that the child is not his.
(d) The same thing happened to Adam and Eve, and every woman is a descendant of Eve.
2. After rationalizing Elka's behavior, what does Gimpel begin to agree with Elka on?
(a) That the baby is his.
(b) That Gimpel is a fool.
(c) That Gimpel was hallucinating.
(d) That the sky is green.
3. What is Gimpel's reasoning in the resolution that he reached while separated from his wife?
(a) He will get revenge on the townspeople for making him marry Elka.
(b) If he is Christian he wont be harassed as much.
(c) If he divorces Elka she will look like the fool.
(d) What's the good of not believing? Today it's your wife you don't belive, tomorrow it's God.
4. What does Elka give birth to?
(b) A Hermaphrodite.
(c) A Girl.
(d) A Boy.
5. How does Gimpel begin to feel about Elka?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gimpel and Elka have in common?
2. Gimpel states that, "All kinds of things happened," but what else does he say about these events?
3. How does Gimpel feel about Elka's infidelity?
4. The day after Elka's explanation about the child, who does Gimpel visit to talk things over?
5. Where does Gimpel want to go?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)