|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing of Elka's infidelity, what does the Rabbi tell Gimpel to do?
(a) Forgive Elka.
(b) Move to another town.
(c) Kill Elka.
(d) Divorce Elka.
2. What does Elka confess on her deathbed?
(a) She doesn't believe in God.
(b) She has always loved Gimpel.
(c) Their children are not Gimpel's.
(d) She has never loved Gimpel.
3. What physical imperfection does Elka have?
(a) She has twelve fingers.
(b) She can't have children.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) She is missing her left arm.
4. What happens while Gimpel and Elka are separated?
(a) Gimpel meets someone else.
(b) Elka dies.
(c) Elka gives birth to a boy.
(d) Elka gives birth to a baby girl.
5. What is Gimpel resolved to do while he is separated from Elka?
(a) Burn down the city.
(b) Become a Christian.
(c) Divorce Elka.
(d) Always believe what he is told.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gimpel's defense against being called foolish?
2. Who follows Gimpel to Elka's house?
3. After the feast celebrating the birth of their child, what does Elka ask Gimpel?
4. Where does Gimpel live?
5. What happens whenever Gimpel doesn't believe the pranksters?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)