|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his parents, who does Gimpel go to live with?
(a) A farmer.
(b) His Uncle.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) His Grandfather.
2. On the night of Gimpel's return after a lengthy separation, what does Elka's "brother" do to Gimpel?
(a) Hugs him and tells him he's glad Gimpel's home.
(b) Ties Gimpel up and threatens to kill him.
(c) Yells at Gimpel to leave.
(d) Jump from behind the oven and strikes him on the head.
3. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
(a) Lay next to her.
(b) Tell the children he is back.
(c) Go back to the bakery.
(d) Check on the goat.
4. What does Gimpel say most men would do in his situation?
(a) Take French leave and disappear.
(b) Sleep more.
(c) Work more.
(d) Demand more sex from his wife.
5. By the time he is older, how has Gimpel's career progressed?
(a) He is the poorest baker in town.
(b) He owns his own bakery and is considered to be a rich man.
(c) He became wealthy by selling off his children.
(d) He has become a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the delivery person say about Gimpel's family?
2. The morning after talking with the Rabbi, what does Gimpel say after he arrives at his destination?
3. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
4. How much time passed before the rabbis could come to a decision regarding Gimpel's situation?
5. What is Gimpel's objection to Elka's premarital requirement?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)