|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(b) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(c) To find a god to help them.
(d) To report the matter to the King.
2. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
(a) The gods arrive.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Work on the wall continues.
(d) A holiday is declared.
3. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
4. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He protects the creature.
(b) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
(c) He comes out to meet the beast.
(d) He chases the creature from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
2. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
3. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
5. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ninsun say about this dream?
2. Who are the main gods Gilgamesh's people possess?
3. Why does Gilgamesh go to his mother for advice?
4. Why is there a wall surrounding Uruk?
5. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
6. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
7. How does Enlil react to Shamash's pity for mankind?
8. What takes place in Gilgamesh's dream?
9. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
10. How does Ishtar react to the battle between Humbaba and the two friends?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)