|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(b) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(c) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(d) Forgive Gilgamesh.
2. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Push him aside.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hug him.
3. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Only one god.
(b) Many possessions.
(c) Magical powers.
(d) A vast pantheon of gods.
4. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
(a) She admires them.
(b) She approaches Gilgamesh and threatens great punishment.
(c) She leaves them alone.
(d) She approaches Enkidu and threatens great punishment.
5. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Kill Enkidu.
(b) Kill another monster.
(c) Visit the underworld.
(d) Marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man respond to the girl?
2. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
3. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
4. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
2. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
3. How does Enkidu react to the young priestess?
4. Why is there a wall surrounding Uruk?
5. Of what does Gilgamesh remind Ishtar? How does she react?
6. Why does Ishtar gather together all the gods?
7. What adventure does the King propose? What is Enkidu's reaction?
8. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
9. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
10. How are the heroes greeted by the citizens of Uruk?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)