|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
(b) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
(c) Meet with the gods.
(d) Stop Gilgamesh.
2. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(b) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(c) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
(d) To scare Gilgamesh.
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order to be away from him.
(b) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(c) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(d) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
4. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(c) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(d) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
5. What do scribes do?
(a) They engrave the stories onto stone or press the letters into wet clay.
(b) They tell the stories of the King and Enkidu on the walls of a tomb.
(c) They write stories of the men's adventures on papyrus.
(d) They teach Enkidu how to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest danger to this city?
2. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
3. What happens at that moment?
4. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
5. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond when the elders try to intervene?
2. Why does Ishtar gather together all the gods?
3. How is Enkidu convinced to join the King on his adventure?
4. How does Ishtar react to the battle between Humbaba and the two friends?
5. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
6. What takes place in Gilgamesh's dream?
7. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
8. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
9. How does Enkidu react to the young priestess?
10. Why does Gilgamesh go to his mother for advice?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)