|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(c) A great deal of knowledge.
(d) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
2. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He gives her a confused stare.
(c) He says hello in return.
(d) He waves to her.
3. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(a) One hour.
(b) A few moments.
(d) Thirty minutes.
4. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Workers are exhausted.
(b) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(c) Wealth is lost.
(d) A monster becomes angry.
5. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
2. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
3. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
4. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does Gilgamesh remind Ishtar? How does she react?
2. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
3. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
4. Describe Gilgamesh's world.
5. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
6. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
7. What does Ninsun say about this dream?
8. What happens to the hunter? What does he do in reaction to this?
9. How does Ishtar threaten Gilgamesh?
10. How does Enlil react to Shamash's pity for mankind?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)