|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) The gods arrive.
(c) Work on the wall continues.
(d) A holiday is declared.
2. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(a) The monster Humbaba.
(d) The god Anu.
3. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It floods the river.
(b) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(c) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(d) It chases after Gilgamesh.
4. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He gives her a confused stare.
(b) He says hello in return.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He waves to her.
5. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A position of vulnerability.
(b) A room.
(c) A closet.
(d) A puddle of mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
2. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
3. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
4. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
5. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the main gods Gilgamesh's people possess?
2. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
3. How does Ishtar threaten her father?
4. What takes place in Gilgamesh's dream?
5. What does Ninsun say about this dream?
6. How does this wall affect the people of Uruk?
7. How does Enlil react to Shamash's pity for mankind?
8. What adventure does the King propose? What is Enkidu's reaction?
9. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
10. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)