|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With an account of the geography of his world.
(b) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(c) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(d) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
2. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) An attack by a neighboring city.
(c) An important event taking place in the city.
(d) The sun.
3. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
(b) A sign of what good is to come.
(c) An evil portent.
(d) Just a dream.
4. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(b) At first.
5. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Push him aside.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
2. What is the young priestess's worry?
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
4. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
5. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Enlil react to Shamash's pity for mankind?
2. What do the hunter and his father find in Uruk?
3. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
4. How are the heroes greeted by the citizens of Uruk?
5. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
6. What adventure does the King propose? What is Enkidu's reaction?
7. Who are the main gods Gilgamesh's people possess?
8. Why does Ishtar gather together all the gods?
9. How does Ishtar threaten Gilgamesh?
10. What happens when Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)