|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) A few moments.
2. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He is enraged by it.
(b) He is saddened by it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He understands it.
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(b) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(c) In order to be away from him.
(d) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
4. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
5. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(a) The monster Humbaba.
(d) The god Anu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
2. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
3. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
4. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
5. Of what is Anu god?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
2. How are the heroes greeted by the citizens of Uruk?
3. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
4. What adventure does the King propose? What is Enkidu's reaction?
5. Why does Gilgamesh go to his mother for advice?
6. What happens when Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
7. What takes place in Gilgamesh's dream?
8. Why is there a wall surrounding Uruk?
9. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
10. Of what does Gilgamesh remind Ishtar? How does she react?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)