|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Only one god.
(b) Many possessions.
(c) A vast pantheon of gods.
(d) Magical powers.
2. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Be near Endiku.
(b) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(c) Leave his home.
(d) Speak to Ishtar.
3. Of what is Anu god?
(a) The skies.
(b) The earth.
(c) The sea.
4. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) A trip around the world.
(b) Killing the monster Humbaba.
(c) Dragon hunting.
(d) Traveling to the underworld.
5. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
(b) He protects the creature.
(c) He comes out to meet the beast.
(d) He chases the creature from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
2. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
3. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
4. What is the young priestess's worry?
5. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ishtar react to the battle between Humbaba and the two friends?
2. How is Enkidu convinced to join the King on his adventure?
3. Why is there a wall surrounding Uruk?
4. What do the hunter and his father find in Uruk?
5. What takes place in Gilgamesh's dream?
6. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
7. How does the King plan to rid Uruk of Enkidu?
8. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
9. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
10. How does Ishtar threaten Gilgamesh?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)