|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) Various contests and feats of strength.
(b) A feast.
(c) A festival.
(d) A dance.
2. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
(b) A sign of what good is to come.
(c) An evil portent.
(d) Just a dream.
3. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A minor disagreement.
(b) A conversation.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A tremendous confrontation.
4. To what is this man compared?
(a) A brother.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A father.
5. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(b) They are destroyed.
(c) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
(d) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
2. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
3. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
4. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
5. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this wall affect the people of Uruk?
2. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
3. What do the hunter and his father find in Uruk?
4. How does the King respond when the elders try to intervene?
5. How does Ishtar threaten Gilgamesh?
6. How does Enlil react to Shamash's pity for mankind?
7. How is Enkidu convinced to join the King on his adventure?
8. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
9. How does the King plan to rid Uruk of Enkidu?
10. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)