|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Kill Enkidu.
(c) Visit the underworld.
(d) Kill another monster.
2. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) Tolerable of one another.
(c) More like brothers than simple friends.
(d) More like friends than brothers.
3. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very smart.
(b) He is very strong.
(c) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(d) He is a god.
4. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
5. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(b) Building the wall around the city.
(c) Going about their usual business.
(d) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man respond to the girl?
2. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
3. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
4. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
5. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
2. How does Ishtar react to the battle between Humbaba and the two friends?
3. How does the King respond when the elders try to intervene?
4. How does Enlil react to Shamash's pity for mankind?
5. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
6. Describe Gilgamesh's world.
7. Of what does Gilgamesh remind Ishtar? How does she react?
8. What happens to the hunter? What does he do in reaction to this?
9. What does Ninsun say about this dream?
10. Who are the main gods Gilgamesh's people possess?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)