|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He gives her a confused stare.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He says hello in return.
(d) He waves to her.
2. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) He cannot enter the underworld.
(b) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
(c) He loves Enkidu.
(d) There are no more monsters to be killed.
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order to be away from him.
(c) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(d) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
4. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(b) He forgives it.
(c) He breaks its wings.
(d) He chops off its head.
5. Who does Ishtar gather together?
(a) The citizens of Uruk.
(b) The royal family.
(c) All the gods from all parts of heaven.
(d) Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do singers do?
2. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
3. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
4. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
5. Of what is Anu god?
Short Essay Questions
1. What adventure does the King propose? What is Enkidu's reaction?
2. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
3. Describe Gilgamesh's world.
4. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
5. How does this wall affect the people of Uruk?
6. What happens to the hunter? What does he do in reaction to this?
7. How are the heroes greeted by the citizens of Uruk?
8. Who are the main gods Gilgamesh's people possess?
9. What takes place in Gilgamesh's dream?
10. How does the King plan to rid Uruk of Enkidu?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)