|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Stop Gilgamesh.
(b) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
(c) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
(d) Meet with the gods.
2. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Swift River.
(b) The Bitter River.
(c) The Tiber River.
(d) The Euphrates River.
3. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) A festival.
(b) A dance.
(c) A feast.
(d) Various contests and feats of strength.
4. How does the goddess Ishtar feel about what has taken place?
(a) She is besider herself with anxiety.
(b) She is beside herself with saddness.
(c) She is besider herself with happiness.
(d) She is beside herself with rage.
5. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Walking through the forest.
(b) Speaking to his people.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
2. What do scribes do?
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
4. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
2. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
3. How are the heroes greeted by the citizens of Uruk?
4. Who are the main gods Gilgamesh's people possess?
5. Why does Ishtar gather together all the gods?
6. How does the King respond when the elders try to intervene?
7. How does Ishtar threaten her father?
8. How does Enkidu react to the young priestess?
9. Why is there a wall surrounding Uruk?
10. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)