|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He still turns away.
(b) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) He becomes angry.
2. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(b) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(d) It is destroyed.
3. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
(a) She prays to the god Shamash.
(b) She prays to the god Aruru.
(c) She prays to the god Anu.
(d) She prays to the god Ishtar.
4. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are destroyed.
(b) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
5. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is unsure.
(c) She is irritated.
(d) She is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
2. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
3. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
4. What should Gilgamesh not do?
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
2. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
3. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
4. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
5. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
6. Describe Gilgamesh's world.
7. What steps must Gilgamesh undertake before he can enter the underworld?
8. Of what does Gilgamesh remind Ishtar? How does she react?
9. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
10. How does the King plan to rid Uruk of Enkidu?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)