|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
2. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(c) She reminds him of a gazelle.
(d) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
3. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
(a) He must talk to the gods.
(b) He must accompany Gilgamesh.
(c) He must leave the city.
(d) He must stop Gilgamesh.
4. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
5. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) An attack by a neighboring city.
(c) An important event taking place in the city.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
2. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
3. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
4. What do scribes do?
5. What should Gilgamesh not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
2. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
3. What happens to the hunter? What does he do in reaction to this?
4. What adventure does the King propose? What is Enkidu's reaction?
5. What happens after the slaying of the Bull of Heaven?
6. How does Ishtar threaten her father?
7. What takes place in Enkidu's dream?
8. What does Gilgamesh do when he realizes his quest is hopeless? How does Utnapishtim respond?
9. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
10. Why does Ishtar gather together all the gods?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)