|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is moved from enraged to enamored.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She becomes angry.
2. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He will marry Ishtar.
(b) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(c) He plans to fight Aruru.
(d) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
3. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(c) A great deal of knowledge.
(d) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
4. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(c) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(d) Forgive Gilgamesh.
5. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
(b) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(c) To scare Gilgamesh.
(d) To destroy Gilgamesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man respond to the girl?
2. Who does Ishtar gather together?
3. What should Gilgamesh not do?
4. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
5. Of what is Anu god?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the hunter and his father find in Uruk?
2. Why does Gilgamesh go to his mother for advice?
3. What adventure does the King propose? What is Enkidu's reaction?
4. Why is there a wall surrounding Uruk?
5. Why does Ishtar gather together all the gods?
6. What happens to the hunter? What does he do in reaction to this?
7. What happens when Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
8. How does the King plan to rid Uruk of Enkidu?
9. Of what does Gilgamesh remind Ishtar? How does she react?
10. Who are the main gods Gilgamesh's people possess?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)