|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
2. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She disagrees with it.
(b) She is unsure about it.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She agrees with it at first.
3. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(b) The earth collapses.
(c) Endiku appears.
(d) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
(d) They plead with her to leave them alone.
5. Does Gilgamesh agree to this?
(c) At first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young priestess's worry?
2. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
3. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
4. Of what is Anu god?
5. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there a wall surrounding Uruk?
2. What takes place when Enkidu comes upon the King?
3. What does Shamash suggest Gilgamesh do? Why?
4. How long does the storm last? What happens when the water begins to recede?
5. How does Utnapishtim respond to Gilgamesh's quest?
6. How does Chapter Nine begin?
7. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do? How does Gilgamesh respond?
8. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
9. What happens after the slaying of the Bull of Heaven?
10. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)