|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
2. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He grows nervous.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He becomes angry.
3. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A wrestling match.
(b) A tremendous confrontation.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A minor disagreement.
4. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
(b) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(c) To scare Gilgamesh.
(d) To destroy Gilgamesh.
5. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
(a) He is besieged by curious onlookers.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) He is taunted.
(d) He is captured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
2. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
3. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
4. Of what is Anu god?
5. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this wall affect the people of Uruk?
2. Describe Gilgamesh's world.
3. What is the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
4. How does Ishtar threaten Gilgamesh?
5. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
6. How does Ishtar threaten her father?
7. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
8. How does Enlil react to Shamash's pity for mankind?
9. Why does Ishtar gather together all the gods?
10. What takes place in Gilgamesh's dream?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)