|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
(a) If he is a King.
(b) If he is intelligent.
(c) Why he does not go home.
(d) His identity and how he came to be there.
2. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the shore of the Bitter River?
(b) With many incidents.
(c) Without incident.
3. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
(a) Gathered on top of the mountain.
(b) Gathered on top of the city wall.
(c) Surrounding him.
(d) In the river.
4. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
(a) A cliff.
(b) The top of a mountain.
(c) A deep sea crater.
(d) A volcano.
5. Of what does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh?
(a) A magic tree that grows on the banks of the Bitter River.
(b) A magic flower that grows in a nearby field.
(c) A magic bush that grows on a cliff.
(d) A magic weed that grows at the bottom of the Bitter River.
6. What does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
(c) Another option.
(d) A new boat.
7. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
(a) He meets Enkidu.
(b) He sees Anu.
(c) He is in complete darkness.
(d) He see a trace of light.
8. Who blesses Utnapishtim and his wife, making them immortal?
9. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
(a) He misses them.
(b) He curses them.
(c) He thanks them.
(d) He wonders what has happened to them.
10. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
(a) He becomes fearful of the gods.
(b) He dies.
(c) He begins having dreams full of ominous portents.
(d) He leaves Uruk.
11. What does Sabitu ask Gilgamesh about his appearance?
(a) Why he is dressed in animal skins and why his skin appears as if it is badly burnt.
(b) Why he is still so handsome after his travels.
(c) Why is seems so tired.
(d) Why is is so dirty.
12. How many straight poles must Gilgamesh cut down?
(b) One hundred and ten.
(c) One hundred.
13. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
(a) He lies about his travels.
(b) He tells the story of Enkidu's death and his terrible journey.
(c) He tells her nothing.
(d) He tells her a part of the story.
14. What does Sabitu ask the King?
(a) Why he seeks his ancestor.
(b) What he seeks.
(c) If she may join him on his journey.
(d) Why he does not go home.
15. Is man meant to be immortal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
2. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
3. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
4. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
5. What happens to Enkidu?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)