Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
(a) If he is a King.
(b) If he is intelligent.
(c) His identity and how he came to be there.
(d) Why he does not go home.
2. What happens as Gilgamesh bathes?
(a) The magic plant falls back in the water.
(b) The magic plant shrivels and dies.
(c) The magic plant is eaten by the animals.
(d) The magic plant is quickly absconded with by a snake.
3. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
(a) Why he left Gilgamesh's mother.
(b) How did he come to be immortal.
(c) Why he lives by the Bitter River.
(d) If he is immortal.
4. What does Gilgamesh do when he notices this?
(a) He tries to revive the plant.
(b) He jumps in the water.
(c) He pursues the animals.
(d) He pursues the animal.
5. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) The perils of passing through the caverns.
(b) The terain of the surrounding land.
(c) The path to take.
(d) His ancestors.
6. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
(a) He bows down to his King.
(b) He asks his identity.
(c) He tells him to turn around and go home.
(d) He attempts to kill him.
7. Can one become immortal by feats of daring alone?
8. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do?
(a) Leave him be.
(b) Bring him with him.
(c) Continue his quest.
(d) Give up his quest.
9. How does the King respond?
(a) He responds with a question.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) The same way he always has responded.
(d) He responds differently than he has in the past.
10. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Fishing in the Bitter River.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Lying in his hammock on the further shore of the Bitter River.
(d) Chopping firewood.
11. Utnapishtim does as he has been told by Ea while the other citizens of Shuruppak do what?
(a) Taunt him.
(b) Build an ark.
(c) Go about their daily business.
(d) Prepare for the flood.
12. What does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
(a) A new boat.
(d) Another option.
13. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
(a) He tells the story of Enkidu's death and his terrible journey.
(b) He tells her a part of the story.
(c) He tells her nothing.
(d) He lies about his travels.
14. What does Ea tell Utnapishtim he must do?
(a) Construct a train.
(b) Construct a wagon.
(c) Construct an ark.
(d) Construct a building.
15. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Ellil.
(b) The face of Ishtar.
(c) The face of Shamash.
(d) The face of Anu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
2. What does Gilgamesh do for many days and nights?
3. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
4. What request is Gilgamesh unable to do?
5. What does Enkidu then hear?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)