|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Utnapishtim does as he has been told by Ea while the other citizens of Shuruppak do what?
(a) Go about their daily business.
(b) Taunt him.
(c) Prepare for the flood.
(d) Build an ark.
2. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
(a) He is surprised by it.
(b) He is upset by it.
(c) He is angered by it.
(d) He is disgusted by it.
3. What happens as Gilgamesh bathes?
(a) The magic plant falls back in the water.
(b) The magic plant shrivels and dies.
(c) The magic plant is eaten by the animals.
(d) The magic plant is quickly absconded with by a snake.
4. Why does she feel this way about Gilgamesh?
(a) He has wild and unkempt looks.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He has disturbed her peace.
(d) He came upon her very quietly.
5. How long does Gilgamesh wait for Urshanabi to arrive?
(a) Twenty-four days and nights.
(b) Untold days and nights.
(c) Ten days and nights.
(d) Four days and nights.
6. What does Utnapishtim promise to do to the boatman?
(a) Punish him who aided Gilgamesh on his journey.
(b) Reward him for aiding Gilgamesh on his journey.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Treat him the way he has always treated him.
7. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A cliff.
(c) The top of a mountain.
(d) A deep sea crater.
8. What does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
(b) A new boat.
(d) Another option.
9. For whom does Utnapishtim prepare a feast?
(a) The gods.
(b) The animals.
(c) The people who survived the flood.
(d) His family.
10. Can one become immortal by feats of daring alone?
11. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Thirtten days.
12. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
(b) Not necessarily.
(c) At first.
13. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
(a) Why he does not turn back.
(b) Where he has been.
(c) Why he has not found Enkidu.
(d) How he came to be here in the garden, so gaunt and disheveled.
14. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
(a) Gathered on top of the city wall.
(b) Gathered on top of the mountain.
(c) In the river.
(d) Surrounding him.
15. What does Urshanabi feel for Gilgamesh?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
2. What is natural to man?
3. How many straight poles must Gilgamesh cut down?
4. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
5. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)