|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
(a) How did he come to be immortal.
(b) Why he lives by the Bitter River.
(c) Why he left Gilgamesh's mother.
(d) If he is immortal.
2. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
(a) If he goes to the underworld, Gilgamesh will wait at the gate until they let Enkidu out again.
(b) If he goes to the underworld, he goes alone.
(c) If he leaves Uruk, Gilgamesh will surely die.
(d) If he goes back to the forest, Gilgamesh will send Harim with him.
3. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(b) Describe the dream.
(c) Look for Enkidu.
(d) Leave her alone.
4. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very smart.
(b) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(c) He is a god.
(d) He is very strong.
5. What does Enkidu then hear?
(a) The cries of the other gods.
(b) The angry voices of the other gods.
(c) The screams of the other gods.
(d) The laughter of the other gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh reason?
2. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
3. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
4. What does Gilgamesh smash?
5. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)