|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(b) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(d) It is destroyed.
2. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are destroyed.
(b) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
3. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(b) He plans to fight Aruru.
(c) He will marry Ishtar.
(d) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
4. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She leaves the forest.
(b) She goes to Enkidu.
(c) She says hello.
(d) She smiles at him.
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) Tolerable of one another.
(c) More like friends than brothers.
(d) More like brothers than simple friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
2. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
3. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
4. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
5. What should Gilgamesh not do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)