|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blesses Utnapishtim and his wife, making them immortal?
2. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
(a) He attempts to kill him.
(b) He asks his identity.
(c) He tells him to turn around and go home.
(d) He bows down to his King.
3. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Endiku appears.
(b) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(c) The earth collapses.
(d) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
4. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She brings him into the temple.
(b) She sends him in alone.
(c) She speaks to Ishtar.
(d) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
5. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Thirtten days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Fifteen days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
2. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
3. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
4. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
5. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)