Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
(b) They have returned to the forest.
(c) They have completed the wall.
(d) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
2. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
(a) He is taunted.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) He is captured.
(d) He is besieged by curious onlookers.
3. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(b) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(c) To scare Gilgamesh.
(d) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
4. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Stop Gilgamesh.
(b) Meet with the gods.
(c) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
(d) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
5. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A kind man.
(b) A nervous man.
(c) An intelligent man.
(d) A dangerous man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
2. Why does the young priestess do this?
3. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
5. How does the man respond to the girl?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)