Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Shamash.
(b) The face of Anu.
(c) The face of Ishtar.
(d) The face of Ellil.
2. Who does Ishtar gather together?
(a) The citizens of Uruk.
(b) The royal family.
(c) All the gods from all parts of heaven.
(d) Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
3. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(d) Utterly content.
4. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) The terain of the surrounding land.
(b) The perils of passing through the caverns.
(c) The path to take.
(d) His ancestors.
5. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Kill Gilgamesh.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(c) Protect himself.
(d) Protect Gilgamesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
2. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
3. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
4. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
5. What ensues between these two men?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)