|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim agree to do?
(a) Help Gilgamesh get home.
(b) Tell Gilgamesh the story of how he became immortal.
(c) Not punish the boatman.
(d) Be kind to Gilgamesh.
2. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
(a) He protects him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He scolds him.
(d) He kills him.
3. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) At the temple.
(b) At the King's palace.
(c) In the forest.
(d) At the gate into the city.
4. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
(a) In a very different way from the others.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) In much the same way Gilgamesh has been answered all along.
(d) He does not answer him.
5. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(b) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
(c) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
(d) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
2. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
3. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
4. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
5. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)