|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 37-57).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Boughton's childhood name?
2. John states that "there were barrels on the street corners" so that contributions could be made to the war effort. What is placed in these barrels?
(a) Nylon stockings.
(c) Tin foil.
(d) Peach pits.
3. What does John tell his son he regrets?
(a) That he lost his hearing.
(b) The hard times his son and his mother must have gone through.
(c) That he was away for long periods of time.
(d) That he is dying.
4. Where did John's father take him when he was twelve?
(a) To the grave of his grandfather.
(b) To Des Moines.
(c) To the family's ancestral home in Maine.
(d) To Topeka.
5. What is John's son's friend's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say was the most thrilling thing that ever happened in his life?
2. What are John's feelings about the two young men who worked at the garage as he passed them on the street?
3. What did John say he dreamed about after his visit to the graveyard?
4. What does John have stored in boxes upstairs in his house?
5. When was the only time that John did not live in Gilead?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)