|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 37-57).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two biblical characters does John's father compare the two of them to on their journey to Kansas?
(a) Abraham and Isaac.
(b) Cain and Abel.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Jacob and Esau.
2. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
3. What does John have stored in boxes upstairs in his house?
(a) Baseball cards.
(c) Letters to his first wife.
4. How did John's first wife die?
(a) From the measles.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) From tuberculosis.
(d) From a fall.
5. What was Boughton's childhood name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of John's "own dark time?"
2. What was John's mother's name?
3. What does John tell his son he regrets?
4. When John and his father visited the graveyard, his father said, "I would never have thought this place could be ..."
5. Why did John's grandfather take him to Des Moines?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)