|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 37-57).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John tell his son he regrets?
(a) The hard times his son and his mother must have gone through.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That he lost his hearing.
(d) That he was away for long periods of time.
2. What two biblical characters does John's father compare the two of them to on their journey to Kansas?
(a) Cain and Abel.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Abraham and Isaac.
(d) Jacob and Esau.
3. What are John's feelings about the two young men who worked at the garage as he passed them on the street?
(a) That the two were being disrespectful.
(b) That the two should be coming to church.
(c) That the two should be in jail.
(d) That the way they laughed seemed beautiful to him.
4. When was the only time that John did not live in Gilead?
(a) When he served as a missionary in Africa.
(b) When he was away at seminary.
(c) When he served in the Army.
(d) When his family lived for a while in Florida.
5. What does John have stored in boxes upstairs in his house?
(a) Baseball cards.
(d) Letters to his first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does John want the son to read his journals?
2. Why did John's grandfather take him to Des Moines?
3. What causes the death of many soldiers and others all across the country at the end of WWI?
4. Why did John feel that he would be a minister?
5. What was Boughton's childhood name?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)