|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 37-57).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the only time that John did not live in Gilead?
(a) When he served as a missionary in Africa.
(b) When his family lived for a while in Florida.
(c) When he was away at seminary.
(d) When he served in the Army.
2. When was John born?
3. What does John say is the strangest thing about "this life, about being in ministry"?
(a) People avoid you.
(b) People laugh at you.
(c) People change the subject when they see you coming.
(d) People expect you to serve them.
4. What are John's feelings about the two young men who worked at the garage as he passed them on the street?
(a) That the way they laughed seemed beautiful to him.
(b) That the two should be in jail.
(c) That the two should be coming to church.
(d) That the two were being disrespectful.
5. What ailment does John have, according to his doctor?
(a) Angina pectoris.
(b) Congestive heart failure.
(c) Gastro-intestinal reflux disease.
(d) Pancreatic cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John's older brother?
2. When does John want the son to read his journals?
3. What does John say was the most thrilling thing that ever happened in his life?
4. What is the name of the Ames family cat?
5. Why did John's grandfather take him to Des Moines?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)