|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 37-57).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John feel that he would be a minister?
(a) He knew he would fail at anything else.
(b) He was compelled by what he had learned through reading the bible.
(c) His mother forced him into the ministry.
(d) It was the only life he knew.
2. John writes to his son, saying, "One great benefit of a religious vocation is that it helps you ..."
(b) Understand deep issues.
(c) Be sympathetic.
3. What did John and his father trade with the widow for her two boiled eggs and two boiled potatoes?
(b) Confederate money.
4. What did John say he dreamed about after his visit to the graveyard?
(a) Stepping on graves.
(b) Being lost.
5. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision did John's grandfather have?
2. Who is John's older brother?
3. Where did John's father take him when he was twelve?
4. What are John's feelings about the two young men who worked at the garage as he passed them on the street?
5. What does John have stored in boxes upstairs in his house?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)