|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
(a) A certificate.
(b) A subscription to Psychology Today.
(c) Extra credit.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
2. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she never remarried.
(b) That she let his father go.
(c) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(d) That she had low self-esteem.
3. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
4. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
(a) The friend copied his homework without his permission.
(b) The friend made fun of his clothes.
(c) The friend insulted his mother.
(d) They were arguing over radio stations.
5. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
4. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
5. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author put an end to the capping, in "A Boy's Big Problem"?
2. What factors led to the author being a poor student at Higgins Elementary School?
3. Describe the author's relationship with his father, prior to his leaving the family.
4. What is the reason people say the author has "gifted hands"?
5. What role did the English teacher, Mrs. Miller, play in the author's life, in "ROTC Triumph"?
6. How does the author describe his mother's way with finances?
7. What study strategy did the author develop in his second year of medical school to help him learn the material?
8. How does the author explain, in "College Choices" the miracle he experiences on a class exam?
9. What significance did Mary Thomas have in the author's life?
10. In "A Terrible Temper," what led the author to hit Jerry over the head with a lock?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)