|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(b) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(c) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(d) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Become one of the guys.
(b) Get a bad grade.
(c) Skip class.
(d) Get a girlfriend.
3. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(b) Bad parents.
(d) Missionary doctors.
4. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(b) Fathers/Do as they please.
(d) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(b) Sgt. Hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
2. What did the author, in "College Choices," score on his final chemistry exam?
3. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
4. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
5. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author's mother teach her sons that she learned at work?
2. What lessons does the author learn from working at Ford Motor Company?
3. How did new glasses help the author in school?
4. What was the final event that led the author to break down and find determination to resolve his temper?
5. In "Two Positives," why did the author say he stopped hopping trains?
6. Why didn't the author get the job he was promised in the summer of 1971?
7. Describe capping.
8. How does the author explain, in "College Choices" the miracle he experiences on a class exam?
9. What role did the English teacher, Mrs. Miller, play in the author's life, in "ROTC Triumph"?
10. How was the author's family life after his father left?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)