|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Mary Thomas.
(c) Bobby Farmer.
(d) His father.
2. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A trip to the White House.
(b) A scholarship to West Point.
(c) A book about Vietnam.
(d) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
3. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
(b) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
(c) The year after he graduated from college.
(d) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
4. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
5. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(b) That his father was abused as a child.
(c) That his father had another wife and other children.
(d) That his father did not believe in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
2. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
3. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
4. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
5. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author's mother mask her mental problems?
2. Why did the author initially fall behind in his college studies?
3. What lessons does the author learn from working at Ford Motor Company?
4. Why didn't the author get the job he was promised in the summer of 1971?
5. How did new glasses help the author in school?
6. Why did the author believe he was going to die in "A Serious Step"?
7. How was the author's new neighborhood in "Eight Years Old" different from his old one?
8. How does the author describe his mother's way with finances?
9. How was the author's family life after his father left?
10. How does the author learn about the arts in "ROTC Triumph"?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)