|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Read his palm.
(b) Play with the veins.
(c) Draw pictures on them.
(d) Smack them.
2. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(b) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(c) Fathers/Do as they please.
(d) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(c) Stand outside in the cold.
4. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's father.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's brother.
5. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
2. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
3. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
4. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
5. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the final event that led the author to break down and find determination to resolve his temper?
2. How did the author put an end to the capping, in "A Boy's Big Problem"?
3. What is the reason people say the author has "gifted hands"?
4. How was the author's new neighborhood in "Eight Years Old" different from his old one?
5. What did the author's mother teach her sons that she learned at work?
6. In "A Terrible Temper," what led the author to hit Jerry over the head with a lock?
7. Describe how the author has managed his temper in the years since he tried to kill his friend, Bob.
8. How was the author's family life after his father left?
9. What significance did Mary Thomas have in the author's life?
10. In "Two Positives," why did the author say he stopped hopping trains?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)