|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) High school.
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Gotten a new job.
(b) Lost a bet.
(c) Bad things.
(d) Gotten in a fight.
4. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They roller skated.
(b) They rode bikes.
(c) They hitchhiked.
(d) They hopped trains.
5. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had gone from good to great.
(b) They had been climbing.
(c) They were mostly failing grades.
(d) They changed very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
2. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
3. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
4. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
5. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors led to the author being a poor student at Higgins Elementary School?
2. How did new glasses help the author in school?
3. Describe capping.
4. How did the author's mother respond to his announcement that he wanted to become a doctor?
5. Describe how the author has managed his temper in the years since he tried to kill his friend, Bob.
6. What lessons does the author learn from working at Ford Motor Company?
7. How does the author describe his mother in "Carrying the Load"?
8. How does the author take on the challenge of being student-sergeant for a rambunctious unit?
9. How does the author explain, in "College Choices" the miracle he experiences on a class exam?
10. Describe the plan the author's mother devised to help him improve his grades.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)