|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
2. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
(b) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
(c) The year after he graduated from college.
(d) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Book reports.
(b) Math quizzes.
(d) Weekly spelling bees.
5. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It embraced classical music.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(d) It met on Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
2. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
3. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. What did the author promise God after he took his exam, in "College Choices"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance did Mary Thomas have in the author's life?
2. How did the author's mother mask her mental problems?
3. How does the author make his college choice in "College Choices"?
4. What was the final event that led the author to break down and find determination to resolve his temper?
5. How did Mr. Jaeck nurture the author's gift for science?
6. What experience at college helped the author wash away some of his cockiness?
7. What was the author's father like intellectually?
8. What are the reasons the author gives in "A Serious Step" for not being ready for love?
9. How does the author explain, in "College Choices" the miracle he experiences on a class exam?
10. How was the author's new neighborhood in "Eight Years Old" different from his old one?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)