|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mrs. Whittley.
(b) Mr. Randall.
(c) Mr. Seufert.
(d) Mr. Sandart.
2. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
3. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) He says that following them is the key to his success.
(b) He says they sometimes hinder and need to be broken or ignored.
(c) He says they keep things running smoothly all the time.
(d) He says he usually disagrees with them but follows them anyway.
4. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They hitchhiked.
(b) They hopped trains.
(c) They rode bikes.
(d) They roller skated.
5. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(b) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(c) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(d) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
2. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
5. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author respond to the news that his father was leaving the family?
2. Describe how the author has managed his temper in the years since he tried to kill his friend, Bob.
3. What factors led to the author being a poor student at Higgins Elementary School?
4. Describe the plan the author's mother devised to help him improve his grades.
5. How did the author's mother mask her mental problems?
6. Describe capping.
7. What did the author's mother teach her sons that she learned at work?
8. What significance did Mary Thomas have in the author's life?
9. How does the author learn about the arts in "ROTC Triumph"?
10. Why didn't the author get the job he was promised in the summer of 1971?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)