|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
(a) He went to Disneyland.
(b) He won a science competition.
(c) He met the President.
(d) He got an eye examination at school.
2. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) High school.
(b) Tenth grade.
(d) Third grade.
3. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
4. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(b) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(c) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(d) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
5. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author promise God after he took his exam, in "College Choices"?
2. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
5. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the author has managed his temper in the years since he tried to kill his friend, Bob.
2. How was the author's new neighborhood in "Eight Years Old" different from his old one?
3. How does the author describe his mother in "Carrying the Load"?
4. How did the author put an end to the capping, in "A Boy's Big Problem"?
5. What is the reason people say the author has "gifted hands"?
6. Describe capping.
7. What lessons does the author learn from working at Ford Motor Company?
8. How does the author describe his mother's way with finances?
9. How does the author learn about the arts in "ROTC Triumph"?
10. In "Two Positives," why did the author say he stopped hopping trains?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)