|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
2. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(b) "Amazing Grace."
(c) "Just As I Am."
(d) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
3. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(b) Sgt. Hunt.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
4. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Working out.
(b) Reading the Bible.
(c) Punching a pillow.
(d) Playing clarinet.
5. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(b) She read to him from the Bible.
(c) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(d) She lectured him.
6. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
7. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
8. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
9. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
10. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
(b) He was given permission to leave school early.
(c) He received a trophy.
(d) He received a certificate.
11. In "College Choices," what was the class that the author fell behind in the most?
12. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(b) They decided to join the math team instead.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) Their mother made them quit the team.
13. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
(a) Good grades/Personality.
14. What was the reason the author and his classmates were given for having to retake a test for the psychology class, Perceptions 101?
(a) No one passed the first test.
(b) There was too much talking during the first test.
(c) The tests were inadvertently burned.
(d) The tests were lost.
15. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mom.
(c) His brother.
(d) His dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
3. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
4. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
5. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)