|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author promise God after he took his exam, in "College Choices"?
(a) To do something special for his mother.
(b) To go to church that weekend.
(c) To never put Him in that position again.
(d) To study longer for the next exam.
2. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Science facts.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Leadership skills.
3. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(b) It embraced classical music.
(c) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(d) It met on Saturday.
4. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
(a) He would be put on probation.
(b) He could no longer be in the premed program.
(c) He would be fined.
(d) He would be sent home.
5. What was the reason the author and his classmates were given for having to retake a test for the psychology class, Perceptions 101?
(a) The tests were lost.
(b) The tests were inadvertently burned.
(c) There was too much talking during the first test.
(d) No one passed the first test.
6. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A classmate
7. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Sandart.
(b) Mr. Seufert.
(c) Mrs. Whittley.
(d) Mr. Randall.
8. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(b) Their mother made them quit the team.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) They decided to join the math team instead.
9. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(c) Art supplies.
10. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
11. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(c) Sgt. Hunt.
12. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
13. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Successful/Find their own success.
(b) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(c) Angry/Control him.
(d) Study/Help him become a doctor.
14. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's brother.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's cousin.
15. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He swerved to avoid an eighteen wheeler.
(c) He ran out of gas.
(d) A large rock crashed onto the windshield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
2. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
3. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
4. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)