|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
2. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He received a trophy.
(b) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
(c) He received a certificate.
(d) He was given permission to leave school early.
3. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
4. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
5. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(b) Fathers/Do as they please.
(c) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
6. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With neighbors.
(b) With relatives.
(c) With their father.
(d) Home alone.
7. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
8. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Math quizzes.
(c) Weekly spelling bees.
(d) Book reports.
9. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) Sabbath School teacher.
(d) Choir director.
10. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
11. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Punching a pillow.
(b) Playing clarinet.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Working out.
12. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His third grade teacher.
13. What did the author promise God after he took his exam, in "College Choices"?
(a) To do something special for his mother.
(b) To study longer for the next exam.
(c) To never put Him in that position again.
(d) To go to church that weekend.
14. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
15. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Seufert.
(b) Mrs. Whittley.
(c) Mr. Randall.
(d) Mr. Sandart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
2. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
3. Who is Curtis?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
5. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)