|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
2. Who was Alma Whittley?
(a) The author's chemistry professor.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) A supervisor at Wayne State University.
(d) A counselor at the author's high school.
3. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) The room started to smell like smoke.
(b) There was a fight outside.
(c) The test was too hard.
(d) There was a war protest.
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) His father.
(b) Mary Thomas.
(d) Bobby Farmer.
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
6. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(b) Valentine's Day.
7. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Fathers/Do as they please.
(c) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
(d) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
8. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
9. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
(a) Three days a week.
(b) Every Friday.
(c) Two days a week.
(d) Every day.
10. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) Some friends of the family.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) His father.
11. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
(a) He met the President.
(b) He went to Disneyland.
(c) He won a science competition.
(d) He got an eye examination at school.
12. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
(b) He insulted his mother.
(c) He put him in a head lock.
(d) He pushed him into a locker
13. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A classmate
14. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
(a) Mr. McCotter.
(b) Mr. Doakes.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
(d) Sgt. Bandy.
15. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Protozoa from water samples.
(b) Skin cells.
(d) Blades of grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
2. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
3. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
4. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
5. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)