Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Goodbye, Daddy
1. Describe the author's relationship with his father, prior to his leaving the family.
2. How did the author respond to the news that his father was leaving the family?
3. How was the author's family life after his father left?
4. How did the author's mother protect him and his brother?
Short Essay Question - Carrying the Load
5. How does the author describe his mother in "Carrying the Load"?
6. How does the author describe his mother's way with finances?
This section contains 959 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)