|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
(a) She slept.
(b) She had little swelling.
(c) She talked.
(d) She sat up on the gurney.
2. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Mary Thomas.
(c) His father.
(d) Bobby Farmer.
3. In "College Choices," why did the author only apply to one college?
(a) He only had enough money to pay for one application fee.
(b) Only one college was interested in him.
(c) He always knew the college he wanted to attend.
(d) He wanted to attend the same college as his girlfriend.
4. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
(a) The doctors believed a new drug would cure her.
(b) The doctors saw no evidence of inflammation on her brain.
(c) The results were inconclusive.
(d) Her condition was inoperable.
5. In "A Special Year," why was the author concerned about his wife traveling to Australia?
(a) She hated warm climates.
(b) She was pregnant and on bed rest.
(c) She would have to leave all of her close friends.
(d) She would have to quit a lucrative job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
2. How does the author say Bo-Bo Valentine received her injury?
3. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
4. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
5. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)