|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What homework assignment did the author give Luis and Terry Francisco before Maranda's surgery?
(a) Watch some movies to distract them from worry.
(b) Say their prayers.
(c) Sign up for family counseling.
(d) Buy Maranda a toy from the gift shop.
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Restaurant work.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Domestic work.
3. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
(a) To the library.
(b) To an afterschool program.
(c) To do volunteer work at a nursing home.
(d) To church.
4. What happened when the author pulled Craig's tumorous growth in his brain stem, during his surgery?
(a) It came free in one gigantic blob.
(b) The author heard God's voice.
(c) The author suddenly felt lightheaded.
(d) Craig began to bleed excessively.
5. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
3. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
4. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)