|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
(a) The commute was too tiresome.
(b) He did not get along with his co-workers in the mail room.
(c) He lost interest in advertising.
(d) The job did not pay enough.
2. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
(b) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
(c) The year after he graduated from college.
(d) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
3. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(d) Art supplies.
4. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(b) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(c) The teacher who belittled him.
(d) The judgment from his mother.
5. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
3. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
4. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
5. What did the author and Dr. Udvarhelyi end up talking about extensively in the interview for Johns Hopkins?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)