|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Craig Warnick on June 19, 1988, in "Craig and Susan"?
(a) He found out he out he had Von Hippel-Lindau.
(b) He was admitted to the hospital through the emergency room.
(c) He had surgery on his tumor and cyst.
(d) He graduated from college.
2. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Draw pictures on them.
(b) Read his palm.
(c) Play with the veins.
(d) Smack them.
3. What marveled the author about Danielle's parents, in "Three Special Children," when she died?
(a) The amount of support they received from family and friends.
(b) Their anger.
(c) Their maturity.
(d) Their detachment.
4. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 0 out of 30.
(b) 15 out of 30.
(c) 9 out of 30.
(d) 28 out of 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
2. Who was Alma Whittley?
3. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
4. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
5. How did patient Danielle's mother first learn about the author, in "Three Special Children"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)