|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
2. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) Her toes moved.
(b) Her blood pressure dropped.
(c) She started to bleed.
(d) Her fingers moved.
3. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. In "A Special Year," why was the author concerned about his wife traveling to Australia?
(a) She would have to quit a lucrative job.
(b) She hated warm climates.
(c) She was pregnant and on bed rest.
(d) She would have to leave all of her close friends.
5. How long did the twins remain in a coma after their surgery in "The Rest of Their Story"?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
2. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
3. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
4. In "The Rest of Their Story," what did the author say headlines read after the twins' surgery?
5. How many applications for neurosurgery residency does the author say Johns Hopkins averaged?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)