|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the author left for his interview in Baltimore, he decided that he wanted to be himself and be accepted or rejected by _____ and not _____.
(a) Pitching his metal ring technique/By being modest.
(b) His grades/By the mistakes he has made.
(c) Being himself/Because he projects some kind of image through a super-sales job.
(d) His recommendations/By anything he says.
2. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
3. In "The Rest of Their Story," what did the author say headlines read after the twins' surgery?
(a) Twins blind from surgery.
(b) Dr. Carson a hero.
(c) It's all in God's hands.
(d) Twins may not survive.
4. How does the author say Bo-Bo Valentine received her injury?
(a) She fell off a swing.
(b) She was hit by a truck.
(c) She was hit by a baseball.
(d) She was attacked by a dog.
5. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(d) College prep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
2. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
3. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
4. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
5. What happened when the author pulled Craig's tumorous growth in his brain stem, during his surgery?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)