|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(b) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(c) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(d) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
2. What does the author say was a "golden opportunity," where there would be no outcries over Denise Baca's hemispherectomy?
(a) When the author was asked to televise the procedure.
(b) When a judge ordered the operation.
(c) When his critic left for an overseas conference.
(d) When Denise's family and friends held a candlelight vigil.
3. What marveled the author about Danielle's parents, in "Three Special Children," when she died?
(a) Their maturity.
(b) Their detachment.
(c) Their anger.
(d) The amount of support they received from family and friends.
4. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.'s.
(b) Dr. Long's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His father's.
5. How does the author say Bo-Bo Valentine received her injury?
(a) She was hit by a truck.
(b) She was hit by a baseball.
(c) She fell off a swing.
(d) She was attacked by a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Craig Warnick on June 19, 1988, in "Craig and Susan"?
2. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
3. How did patient Danielle's mother first learn about the author, in "Three Special Children"?
4. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
5. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)