|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(a) Choosing a career.
(d) Thinking about college.
2. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He received a trophy.
(b) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
(c) He received a certificate.
(d) He was given permission to leave school early.
3. In "The Rest of Their Story," the author says the twins were given phenobarbitol in order to do what?
(a) Reduce brain swelling.
(b) Regulate blood pressure.
(c) Fight off infection.
(d) Put the babies in a coma.
4. Who was Alma Whittley?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's chemistry professor.
(c) A supervisor at Wayne State University.
(d) A counselor at the author's high school.
5. In "A Special Year," why was the author concerned about his wife traveling to Australia?
(a) She hated warm climates.
(b) She would have to quit a lucrative job.
(c) She would have to leave all of her close friends.
(d) She was pregnant and on bed rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
3. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)