|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "College Choices," what was the class that the author fell behind in the most?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Protozoa from water samples.
(b) Blades of grass.
(d) Skin cells.
3. In "The Rest of Their Story," what did the author say headlines read after the twins' surgery?
(a) Twins may not survive.
(b) It's all in God's hands.
(c) Twins blind from surgery.
(d) Dr. Carson a hero.
4. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Three hours.
5. What is a pupilary response?
(a) When someone goes blind.
(b) When pupils respond to light.
(c) When students answers a teacher's question.
(d) When someone's eyes react to dust or other foreign objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
3. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
4. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
5. Who does the author complain, in "Another Step Forward," wouldn't talk to the "common people" like ward clerks or aides?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)