|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(b) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
(c) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(d) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
2. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(b) Valentine's Day.
3. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) She started to bleed.
(b) Her toes moved.
(c) Her fingers moved.
(d) Her blood pressure dropped.
4. Who does the author complain, in "Another Step Forward," wouldn't talk to the "common people" like ward clerks or aides?
(a) The veteran nurses.
(b) Celebrity patients.
(c) A few of the doctors.
(d) Wealthy families.
5. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a member of the school board.
(b) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(c) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(d) His father was a Baptist minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say interns called their white uniforms in "Coming Into My Own"?
2. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
3. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
4. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
5. What does the author say was the most harrowing moment of the surgery for Patrick and Benjamin, in "Separating the Twins"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)