|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Teresa Binder consider overdosing on sleeping pills in "Separating the Twins"?
(a) She was addicted to sleeping pills.
(b) She was suspersticious about giving birth to twins.
(c) She was having relationship problems.
(d) She could not bear the idea of giving birth to conjoined twins.
2. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's brother.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's father.
3. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Pastor Ford.
(d) Mrs. Williamson.
4. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(b) Tutor his friends.
(c) Work at a gas station.
(d) Play basketball.
5. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
(a) That she keep practicing.
(b) That she sing in the choir.
(c) That she go home.
(d) That she try harder next time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
2. During the author's intense year as chief resident, he learned the special skills that transform the _____ along with his hands, eyes and intuition into _____.
3. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
4. What is a pupilary response?
5. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)