|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
(a) He thinks it is fine to be emotionally attached.
(b) He believes nurses should break bad news to parents for him.
(c) He feels he is a father figure to his patients.
(d) He believes he will cry whenever he loses a patient.
2. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
(a) He decided to take a year off to get married.
(b) He received a fellowship to study abroad.
(c) He was accepted to the University of Michigan.
(d) He realized he applied to too many programs.
3. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(b) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(c) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(d) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
4. What does the author say interns called their white uniforms in "Coming Into My Own"?
(a) Super whites.
(b) Doctor threads.
(c) Money gear.
(d) Monkey suits.
5. What does the author say a "four plus" did at the hospital?
(a) Galvanized everyone into action.
(b) Instructed how much coffee was needed.
(c) Indicated the number of surgeons required to attend neurosurgery grand rounds.
(d) Informed how long an operation would be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
2. What was the reason the author and his classmates were given for having to retake a test for the psychology class, Perceptions 101?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
4. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
5. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)