|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(d) Art supplies.
2. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's brother.
3. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
(a) She had little swelling.
(b) She talked.
(c) She sat up on the gurney.
(d) She slept.
4. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Bad things.
(b) Lost a bet.
(c) Gotten a new job.
(d) Gotten in a fight.
5. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
3. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
4. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
5. Why does the author say he experiences less of a negative response from patients nowadays?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)