|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Restaurant work.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Domestic work.
2. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
(b) Good grades/Personality.
3. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
(b) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(c) That his teacher did not like him.
(d) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
4. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
5. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His third grade teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
2. What did Maranda say, in "A Girl Named Maranda," that she wanted after her hemispherectomy?
3. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
4. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
5. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)