|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
2. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Bad things.
(b) Gotten a new job.
(c) Lost a bet.
(d) Gotten in a fight.
3. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. Denise's surgery, in "Little Beth," confirmed for the author that when people know their _____ and they know their job, it doesn't matter who _____ them.
5. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(b) They decided to join the math team instead.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) Their mother made them quit the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
2. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
3. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
4. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
5. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)