|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It embraced classical music.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(d) It met on Saturday.
2. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They rode bikes.
(b) They roller skated.
(c) They hopped trains.
(d) They hitchhiked.
3. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
4. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) Some friends of the family.
(b) His aunt and uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandparents.
5. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(b) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(c) She lectured him.
(d) She read to him from the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
2. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
3. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
4. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
5. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)