|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the author give for not wanting to travel to Australia, in "A Special Year"?
(a) The healthcare system there.
(b) The 20-hour flight.
(c) The heavy accents.
(d) The Whites-only policy.
2. What did the author and Dr. Udvarhelyi end up talking about extensively in the interview for Johns Hopkins?
(a) Classical music.
(c) Metal rings.
3. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Randall.
(b) Mrs. Whittley.
(c) Mr. Sandart.
(d) Mr. Seufert.
4. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
5. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Playing clarinet.
(b) Punching a pillow.
(c) Working out.
(d) Reading the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
2. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
3. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
4. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
5. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)