|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His dad.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mom.
2. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He pushed him into a locker
(b) He insulted his mother.
(c) He put him in a head lock.
(d) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
3. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Learning about General Custer.
(b) Gym class.
(d) Eating lunch.
5. During what years was the author a resident at Johns Hopkins?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "College Choices," what was the class that the author fell behind in the most?
2. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
3. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
4. How did Beth Usher, in "Little Beth," receive a bump that later caused her first seizure?
5. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)