|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did the author decide to attend?
(c) University of Michigan.
2. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
3. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He insulted his mother.
(b) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
(c) He pushed him into a locker
(d) He put him in a head lock.
4. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
(a) He could watch three programs a week.
(b) He could only watch television on Saturdays.
(c) He could watch television when he finished his homework.
(d) He was no longer allowed to watch television.
5. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a Baptist minister.
(b) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(c) His father was a member of the school board.
(d) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
2. What does the author say was a "golden opportunity," where there would be no outcries over Denise Baca's hemispherectomy?
3. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
4. During the author's intense year as chief resident, he learned the special skills that transform the _____ along with his hands, eyes and intuition into _____.
5. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)