|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Maranda say, in "A Girl Named Maranda," that she wanted after her hemispherectomy?
(a) A new haircut.
(b) No more seizures.
(c) A better brain.
(d) A doll.
2. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's grandfather.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author's father.
3. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To review his study notes.
(b) To call his mother.
(c) To pray.
(d) To figure out what happened.
4. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
(a) He thinks it is fine to be emotionally attached.
(b) He feels he is a father figure to his patients.
(c) He believes nurses should break bad news to parents for him.
(d) He believes he will cry whenever he loses a patient.
5. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Working out.
(c) Playing clarinet.
(d) Punching a pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many applications for neurosurgery residency does the author say Johns Hopkins averaged?
2. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
3. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
4. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
5. What does the author say was a "golden opportunity," where there would be no outcries over Denise Baca's hemispherectomy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)