|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author complain, in "Another Step Forward," wouldn't talk to the "common people" like ward clerks or aides?
(a) The veteran nurses.
(b) Celebrity patients.
(c) Wealthy families.
(d) A few of the doctors.
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Domestic work.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Restaurant work.
3. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
(a) To put in long hours at the science lab.
(b) To visit the Detroit Institute of Arts.
(c) To watch a quiz show on television.
(d) To study for the SAT.
4. What happened when the Hopkins team tried to put Beth's diseased hemisphere to sleep?
(a) She woke up.
(b) They discovered that her speech control transferred to her good hemisphere.
(c) Her entire brain went to sleep.
(d) She slipped into a coma.
5. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(b) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(c) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
(d) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
2. From what age did Maranda Francisco start having grand mal seizures?
3. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
4. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
5. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)