|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the author left for his interview in Baltimore, he decided that he wanted to be himself and be accepted or rejected by _____ and not _____.
(a) Pitching his metal ring technique/By being modest.
(b) Being himself/Because he projects some kind of image through a super-sales job.
(c) His recommendations/By anything he says.
(d) His grades/By the mistakes he has made.
2. What homework assignment did the author give Luis and Terry Francisco before Maranda's surgery?
(a) Sign up for family counseling.
(b) Watch some movies to distract them from worry.
(c) Say their prayers.
(d) Buy Maranda a toy from the gift shop.
3. What did the author, in "College Choices," score on his final chemistry exam?
4. In "College Choices," why did the author only apply to one college?
(a) Only one college was interested in him.
(b) He only had enough money to pay for one application fee.
(c) He wanted to attend the same college as his girlfriend.
(d) He always knew the college he wanted to attend.
5. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He knew what flax was.
(b) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
(c) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
(d) He knew the dates of every war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
2. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
3. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
4. What unusual solution did one doctor suggest Maranda try twice a day for her seizures?
5. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)