|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(a) Art supplies.
2. What did the author and Dr. Udvarhelyi end up talking about extensively in the interview for Johns Hopkins?
(a) Metal rings.
(d) Classical music.
3. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) He says they sometimes hinder and need to be broken or ignored.
(b) He says that following them is the key to his success.
(c) He says they keep things running smoothly all the time.
(d) He says he usually disagrees with them but follows them anyway.
4. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
5. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
(a) To the campus tutoring center.
(b) To God.
(c) To his mother.
(d) To his academic adviser.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
2. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
3. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
4. What did Dr. Long propose, months after the author's return to Baltimore?
5. What does the author say was a "golden opportunity," where there would be no outcries over Denise Baca's hemispherectomy?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)