|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
(a) Pretend nothing happened.
(b) Talk to his mother.
(c) Get counseling.
2. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
(a) Good grades/Personality.
3. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
4. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
(a) He would disappoint his mentor.
(b) He would lose his job.
(c) The patient would experience brain damage.
(d) The patient would die.
5. What happened when the Hopkins team tried to put Beth's diseased hemisphere to sleep?
(a) She woke up.
(b) They discovered that her speech control transferred to her good hemisphere.
(c) She slipped into a coma.
(d) Her entire brain went to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was a "golden opportunity," where there would be no outcries over Denise Baca's hemispherectomy?
2. What did the author, in "College Choices," score on his final chemistry exam?
3. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
4. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
5. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)