|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(b) They decided to join the math team instead.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) Their mother made them quit the team.
2. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(b) Missionary doctors.
(c) Bad parents.
3. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(b) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(c) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
(d) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
4. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He smashed a window of a business in town.
(b) He broke his brother's model airplane.
(c) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
(d) He hit his mother with it.
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(b) Mrs. Miller.
(d) Sgt. Hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
2. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
4. What does the author say was a "golden opportunity," where there would be no outcries over Denise Baca's hemispherectomy?
5. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)