|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
2. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
(a) That she try harder next time.
(b) That she sing in the choir.
(c) That she go home.
(d) That she keep practicing.
3. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
4. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(b) Work at a gas station.
(c) Tutor his friends.
(d) Play basketball.
5. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
(b) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
(c) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
(d) The year after he graduated from college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
3. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
4. Why does the author say he experiences less of a negative response from patients nowadays?
5. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)