|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
(c) Sabbath School teacher.
(d) Choir director.
2. How did Beth Usher, in "Little Beth," receive a bump that later caused her first seizure?
(a) She was stung by a bee.
(b) She ran into a wall.
(c) She was hit with a baseball.
(d) She fell from a swing.
3. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They decided to join the math team instead.
(b) Their mother made them quit the team.
(c) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(d) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) High school.
(d) Third grade.
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the chief of surgery at Provident Hospital suggest the author did not want to stay at Johns Hopkins?
2. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
3. What did the author, in "College Choices," score on his final chemistry exam?
4. What did the CT scan show after Beth's surgery in "Little Beth"?
5. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)