|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(c) Stand outside in the cold.
2. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The students in higher grades.
(b) The administrators.
(c) The math and science teachers.
(d) The kids who once teased him.
3. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
(a) She had little swelling.
(b) She slept.
(c) She sat up on the gurney.
(d) She talked.
4. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father had another wife and other children.
(b) That his father was abused as a child.
(c) That his father did not believe in God.
(d) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
5. What did the author find a technique for that involves placing metal rings on the back and front of the skull?
(a) Taking better x-rays of the brain.
(b) Finding the foramen ovale.
(c) Removing brain tumors.
(d) Curing headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Long propose, months after the author's return to Baltimore?
2. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
3. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
4. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)