|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(b) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(c) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
(d) It took away from his study time.
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Pastor Ford.
(d) Mrs. Williamson.
3. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
(a) The job did not pay enough.
(b) He did not get along with his co-workers in the mail room.
(c) The commute was too tiresome.
(d) He lost interest in advertising.
4. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He hit his mother with it.
(b) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
(c) He broke his brother's model airplane.
(d) He smashed a window of a business in town.
5. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
2. What college did the author decide to attend?
3. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
4. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
5. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)