|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she let his father go.
(b) That she never remarried.
(c) That she had low self-esteem.
(d) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
2. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(b) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(c) She lectured him.
(d) She read to him from the Bible.
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) High school.
(c) Third grade.
(d) Tenth grade.
5. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
(a) He would be sent home.
(b) He would be fined.
(c) He could no longer be in the premed program.
(d) He would be put on probation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
2. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
3. What did the author find a technique for that involves placing metal rings on the back and front of the skull?
4. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)