|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Little Beth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He insulted his mother.
(b) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
(c) He put him in a head lock.
(d) He pushed him into a locker
2. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It met on Saturday.
(b) It embraced classical music.
(c) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(d) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
3. In "College Choices," why did the author only apply to one college?
(a) He only had enough money to pay for one application fee.
(b) Only one college was interested in him.
(c) He always knew the college he wanted to attend.
(d) He wanted to attend the same college as his girlfriend.
4. What type of animal did the author decide to focus his brain research on, in "Coming Into My Own"?
5. Why did the chief of surgery at Provident Hospital suggest the author did not want to stay at Johns Hopkins?
(a) He said the institution was steeped in racism.
(b) He said the patients were prejudiced.
(c) He said the salary was too poor.
(d) He said there was too much drama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
2. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
3. What did the author promise God after he took his exam, in "College Choices"?
4. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
5. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)