|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affiliation did the author and his wife have that opened doors for them in Australia?
(a) They were Yale alumni.
(b) They belonged to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
(c) They lived in Michigan.
(d) They were Black Americans.
2. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
(a) She helped him get a job at Ford Motor Company.
(b) She gave him a crash course in study skills.
(c) She helped him write an essay for his college application.
(d) She gave him information about the biology program at Wayne State University.
3. What was the reason the author and his classmates were given for having to retake a test for the psychology class, Perceptions 101?
(a) No one passed the first test.
(b) There was too much talking during the first test.
(c) The tests were inadvertently burned.
(d) The tests were lost.
4. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
5. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To call his mother.
(b) To figure out what happened.
(c) To pray.
(d) To review his study notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
2. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
3. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
4. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
5. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)