|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He smashed a window of a business in town.
(b) He hit his mother with it.
(c) He broke his brother's model airplane.
(d) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
2. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It met on Saturday.
(b) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(c) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(d) It embraced classical music.
3. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
(a) Mr. Doakes.
(b) Mr. McCotter.
(c) Sgt. Bandy.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
4. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They hopped trains.
(b) They hitchhiked.
(c) They rode bikes.
(d) They roller skated.
5. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
2. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
3. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
4. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)