|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Restaurant work.
(c) Domestic work.
(d) Factory work.
2. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
(a) He realized he applied to too many programs.
(b) He received a fellowship to study abroad.
(c) He was accepted to the University of Michigan.
(d) He decided to take a year off to get married.
3. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
4. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A book about Vietnam.
(b) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
(c) A scholarship to West Point.
(d) A trip to the White House.
5. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The judgment from his mother.
(b) The teacher who belittled him.
(c) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(d) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
2. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
3. In "College Choices," why did the author only apply to one college?
4. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
5. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)