|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Top of the class/Motivation.
(b) Principal's office/Anger.
(c) Boiling point/Rational control.
(d) Popular kids/Respect.
2. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(d) High school.
3. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
(a) The commute was too tiresome.
(b) He did not get along with his co-workers in the mail room.
(c) The job did not pay enough.
(d) He lost interest in advertising.
4. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
5. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He smashed a window of a business in town.
(b) He broke his brother's model airplane.
(c) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
(d) He hit his mother with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
2. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
3. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
4. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
5. Why did the chief of surgery at Provident Hospital suggest the author did not want to stay at Johns Hopkins?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)