|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many applications for neurosurgery residency does the author say Johns Hopkins averaged?
2. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(b) An underground newspaper.
(c) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
(d) Honor Society.
3. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Top of the class/Motivation.
(b) Boiling point/Rational control.
(c) Principal's office/Anger.
(d) Popular kids/Respect.
4. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
(a) She helped him get a job at Ford Motor Company.
(b) She gave him a crash course in study skills.
(c) She gave him information about the biology program at Wayne State University.
(d) She helped him write an essay for his college application.
5. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "College Choices," what was the class that the author fell behind in the most?
2. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
4. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
5. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)