|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The administrators.
(b) The math and science teachers.
(c) The students in higher grades.
(d) The kids who once teased him.
2. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) His father.
(b) Some friends of the family.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) His grandparents.
3. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His mom.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His dad.
(d) His brother.
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) It took away from his study time.
(b) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(c) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(d) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
2. Who is Curtis?
3. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
4. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
5. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)