|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says he was hooked the first few times he looked down upon what?
(a) Operating theater.
(b) A human brain.
(c) A needy child.
(d) A beating heart.
2. What did Maranda say, in "A Girl Named Maranda," that she wanted after her hemispherectomy?
(a) A doll.
(b) A new haircut.
(c) A better brain.
(d) No more seizures.
3. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father was abused as a child.
(b) That his father did not believe in God.
(c) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(d) That his father had another wife and other children.
4. What homework assignment did the author give Luis and Terry Francisco before Maranda's surgery?
(a) Say their prayers.
(b) Watch some movies to distract them from worry.
(c) Sign up for family counseling.
(d) Buy Maranda a toy from the gift shop.
5. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(b) The judgment from his mother.
(c) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(d) The teacher who belittled him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
2. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
3. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
4. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
5. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)