|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
(c) Register in a marathon.
(d) Start a religious club on campus.
2. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
(a) The patient would die.
(b) He would lose his job.
(c) He would disappoint his mentor.
(d) The patient would experience brain damage.
3. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
(a) He would be sent home.
(b) He could no longer be in the premed program.
(c) He would be put on probation.
(d) He would be fined.
4. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
(a) To his academic adviser.
(b) To the campus tutoring center.
(c) To God.
(d) To his mother.
5. Who was Alma Whittley?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) A counselor at the author's high school.
(c) The author's chemistry professor.
(d) A supervisor at Wayne State University.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says he was hooked the first few times he looked down upon what?
2. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
3. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
4. Who is Curtis?
5. What did Dr. Long propose, months after the author's return to Baltimore?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)