|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To enroll her sons in private school.
(b) To go to night school.
(c) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
2. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
3. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's father.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author's grandfather.
4. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
(c) Do math.
(d) Follow directions.
5. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They decided to join the math team instead.
(b) Their mother made them quit the team.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
2. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
3. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
4. Who does the author complain, in "Another Step Forward," wouldn't talk to the "common people" like ward clerks or aides?
5. What did the author, in "College Choices," score on his final chemistry exam?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)