|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Leadership skills.
(b) Science facts.
(c) Classical music.
2. Why did the chief of surgery at Provident Hospital suggest the author did not want to stay at Johns Hopkins?
(a) He said there was too much drama.
(b) He said the patients were prejudiced.
(c) He said the institution was steeped in racism.
(d) He said the salary was too poor.
3. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
(a) Her mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His teacher.
4. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
(a) His physical coordination.
(b) His ability to see in three dimensions.
(c) His aptitude for math.
(d) His ability to attract friends.
5. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
2. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
3. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
4. What did the author promise God after he took his exam, in "College Choices"?
5. How many applications for neurosurgery residency does the author say Johns Hopkins averaged?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)