|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author and Dr. Udvarhelyi end up talking about extensively in the interview for Johns Hopkins?
(b) Classical music.
(c) Metal rings.
2. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
(a) His physical coordination.
(b) His aptitude for math.
(c) His ability to attract friends.
(d) His ability to see in three dimensions.
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Learning about General Custer.
(c) Gym class.
4. What college did the author decide to attend?
(c) University of Michigan.
5. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
(a) To study for the SAT.
(b) To visit the Detroit Institute of Arts.
(c) To put in long hours at the science lab.
(d) To watch a quiz show on television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
2. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
3. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
4. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
5. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)