|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
(a) Mr. Doakes.
(b) Mrs. Miller.
(c) Sgt. Bandy.
(d) Mr. McCotter.
2. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
(a) He received a fellowship to study abroad.
(b) He was accepted to the University of Michigan.
(c) He decided to take a year off to get married.
(d) He realized he applied to too many programs.
3. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mrs. Whittley.
(b) Mr. Randall.
(c) Mr. Sandart.
(d) Mr. Seufert.
4. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's grandfather.
(c) The author's father.
(d) The author's brother.
5. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
(a) Classical music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
2. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
4. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
5. What did the author and Dr. Udvarhelyi end up talking about extensively in the interview for Johns Hopkins?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)