|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(b) Classical music.
(c) Science facts.
(d) Leadership skills.
2. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to his old house.
(b) He got expelled from his old school.
(c) He moved back to Boston.
(d) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(c) College prep.
4. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 28 out of 30.
(b) 0 out of 30.
(c) 15 out of 30.
(d) 9 out of 30.
5. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Register in a marathon.
(d) Start a religious club on campus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
3. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
4. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
5. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)