|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says he was hooked the first few times he looked down upon what?
(a) A needy child.
(b) Operating theater.
(c) A beating heart.
(d) A human brain.
2. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
(a) To his academic adviser.
(b) To the campus tutoring center.
(c) To his mother.
(d) To God.
3. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
(b) He knew the dates of every war.
(c) He knew what flax was.
(d) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
4. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(a) Missionary doctors.
(b) Bad parents.
5. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a bad grade.
(b) Skip class.
(c) Become one of the guys.
(d) Get a girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
2. Why does the author say he experiences less of a negative response from patients nowadays?
3. From what age did Maranda Francisco start having grand mal seizures?
4. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
5. What did the author and Dr. Udvarhelyi end up talking about extensively in the interview for Johns Hopkins?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)