|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Sandart.
(b) Mr. Randall.
(c) Mr. Seufert.
(d) Mrs. Whittley.
2. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Play with the veins.
(b) Read his palm.
(c) Draw pictures on them.
(d) Smack them.
4. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) An underground newspaper.
(b) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(c) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
(d) Honor Society.
5. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
2. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
3. What was the reason the author and his classmates were given for having to retake a test for the psychology class, Perceptions 101?
4. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
5. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)