|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(a) Art supplies.
2. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Book reports.
(b) Weekly spelling bees.
(d) Math quizzes.
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had been climbing.
(b) They changed very little.
(c) They were mostly failing grades.
(d) They had gone from good to great.
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(b) Choosing a career.
(d) Thinking about college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
2. What college did the author decide to attend?
3. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
4. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
5. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)