|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(b) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(c) His father was a Baptist minister.
(d) His father was a member of the school board.
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
4. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
5. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(c) A classmate
(d) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
2. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
3. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
4. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
5. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)