|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author find a technique for that involves placing metal rings on the back and front of the skull?
(a) Curing headaches.
(b) Taking better x-rays of the brain.
(c) Finding the foramen ovale.
(d) Removing brain tumors.
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Restaurant work.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Domestic work.
(d) Factory work.
3. Why did the chief of surgery at Provident Hospital suggest the author did not want to stay at Johns Hopkins?
(a) He said the patients were prejudiced.
(b) He said the institution was steeped in racism.
(c) He said there was too much drama.
(d) He said the salary was too poor.
4. What does the author say interns called their white uniforms in "Coming Into My Own"?
(a) Money gear.
(b) Doctor threads.
(c) Super whites.
(d) Monkey suits.
5. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Seufert.
(b) Mr. Sandart.
(c) Mrs. Whittley.
(d) Mr. Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
2. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
3. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
4. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
5. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)