|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Third grade.
(b) Tenth grade.
(d) High school.
2. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
(a) He could watch three programs a week.
(b) He could only watch television on Saturdays.
(c) He could watch television when he finished his homework.
(d) He was no longer allowed to watch television.
3. What did the author, in "College Choices," score on his final chemistry exam?
4. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
(a) Sgt. Bandy.
(b) Mr. McCotter.
(c) Mr. Doakes.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
5. What college did the author decide to attend?
(c) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
2. What unusual solution did one doctor suggest Maranda try twice a day for her seizures?
3. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
4. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
5. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)