|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The math and science teachers.
(b) The kids who once teased him.
(c) The students in higher grades.
(d) The administrators.
2. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
(a) The doctors believed a new drug would cure her.
(b) The results were inconclusive.
(c) Her condition was inoperable.
(d) The doctors saw no evidence of inflammation on her brain.
3. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(b) An underground newspaper.
(c) Honor Society.
(d) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(b) That she never remarried.
(c) That she had low self-esteem.
(d) That she let his father go.
5. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father was abused as a child.
(b) That his father did not believe in God.
(c) That his father had another wife and other children.
(d) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
2. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
4. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
5. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)