|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To go to night school.
(b) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(c) To enroll her sons in private school.
(d) To get back together with her ex-husband.
2. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It embraced classical music.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It met on Saturday.
(d) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
3. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Science facts.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Leadership skills.
4. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(a) Art supplies.
5. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
(a) He went to Disneyland.
(b) He got an eye examination at school.
(c) He won a science competition.
(d) He met the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
2. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
3. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
5. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)