|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Randall.
(b) Mr. Seufert.
(c) Mrs. Whittley.
(d) Mr. Sandart.
2. In "College Choices," how long did the author spend studying for his exam?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) All night.
(d) Eight hours.
3. What did the author, in "College Choices," score on his final chemistry exam?
4. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Work at a gas station.
(b) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(c) Play basketball.
(d) Tutor his friends.
5. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
2. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
3. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
4. What does the author say interns called their white uniforms in "Coming Into My Own"?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)