|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
(b) He knew what flax was.
(c) He knew the dates of every war.
(d) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
2. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had been climbing.
(b) They had gone from good to great.
(c) They changed very little.
(d) They were mostly failing grades.
3. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
(a) His father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His teacher.
4. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(c) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
(d) "Just As I Am."
5. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
(a) The friend copied his homework without his permission.
(b) The friend made fun of his clothes.
(c) The friend insulted his mother.
(d) They were arguing over radio stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
2. Who is Curtis?
3. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
4. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
5. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)