|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
(a) A subscription to Psychology Today.
(b) Extra credit.
(c) A ten-dollar bill.
(d) A certificate.
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Protozoa from water samples.
(c) Blades of grass.
(d) Skin cells.
3. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(c) Fathers/Do as they please.
(d) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Gym class.
(b) Learning about General Custer.
(c) Eating lunch.
5. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
(a) Volunteer at a hospital.
(b) Supervisor with a highway crew.
(c) Camp counselor.
(d) Lab technician at Wayne State University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
2. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
3. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
4. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
5. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)