|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They rode bikes.
(b) They roller skated.
(c) They hopped trains.
(d) They hitchhiked.
2. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(c) Missionary doctors.
(d) Bad parents.
3. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
(c) His mother.
(d) Mary Thomas.
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she never remarried.
(b) That she had low self-esteem.
(c) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(d) That she let his father go.
5. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
(a) His mom suggested that he practice medicine there.
(b) `Someone from the hospital visited his school.
(c) That was where he got his tonsils taken out.
(d) Every television or newspaper medical story seemed to feature someone there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
2. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
3. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
5. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)