|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Science facts.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Leadership skills.
2. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
(a) Mr. McCotter.
(b) Mr. Doakes.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
(d) Sgt. Bandy.
3. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
(a) To his academic adviser.
(b) To the campus tutoring center.
(c) To his mother.
(d) To God.
4. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(b) His father was a member of the school board.
(c) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(d) His father was a Baptist minister.
5. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
(a) He lost interest in advertising.
(b) The job did not pay enough.
(c) He did not get along with his co-workers in the mail room.
(d) The commute was too tiresome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
2. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
3. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
4. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
5. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)