|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
(b) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(c) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(d) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
2. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(a) Missionary doctors.
(d) Bad parents.
3. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To pray.
(b) To call his mother.
(c) To figure out what happened.
(d) To review his study notes.
4. Who was Alma Whittley?
(a) A supervisor at Wayne State University.
(b) The author's chemistry professor.
(c) The author's cousin.
(d) A counselor at the author's high school.
5. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Successful/Find their own success.
(b) Angry/Control him.
(c) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(d) Study/Help him become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
2. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
3. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
4. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
5. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)