|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
(a) Supervisor with a highway crew.
(b) Volunteer at a hospital.
(c) Camp counselor.
(d) Lab technician at Wayne State University.
2. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
(a) To study for the SAT.
(b) To put in long hours at the science lab.
(c) To watch a quiz show on television.
(d) To visit the Detroit Institute of Arts.
3. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Bobby Farmer.
(b) Mary Thomas.
(c) His father.
5. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Just As I Am."
(b) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(c) "Amazing Grace."
(d) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
2. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
3. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
4. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
5. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)