|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A funeral home.
(b) A Cadillac plant.
(c) Paradise Theater.
(d) A mill.
2. What college did the author decide to attend?
(a) University of Michigan.
3. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a bad grade.
(b) Skip class.
(c) Get a girlfriend.
(d) Become one of the guys.
4. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(b) He moved back to Boston.
(c) He moved back to his old house.
(d) He got expelled from his old school.
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
2. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
3. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
4. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
5. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)