|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(b) She lectured him.
(c) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(d) She read to him from the Bible.
2. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
3. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
(a) Lab technician at Wayne State University.
(b) Camp counselor.
(c) Supervisor with a highway crew.
(d) Volunteer at a hospital.
4. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
(c) "Just As I Am."
(d) "Nearer My God to Thee."
5. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
3. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
4. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)