|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A funeral home.
(b) A mill.
(c) Paradise Theater.
(d) A Cadillac plant.
2. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
3. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With relatives.
(b) Home alone.
(c) With their father.
(d) With neighbors.
4. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(b) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(c) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(d) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
2. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
3. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
4. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
5. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)