|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A Cadillac plant.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) Paradise Theater.
(d) A mill.
2. In "College Choices," what was the class that the author fell behind in the most?
3. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 28 out of 30.
(b) 15 out of 30.
(c) 0 out of 30.
(d) 9 out of 30.
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to his old house.
(b) He got expelled from his old school.
(c) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(d) He moved back to Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Curtis?
2. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
5. In "College Choices," why did the author only apply to one college?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)