|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
(c) Classical music.
2. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) Paradise Theater.
(b) A mill.
(c) A funeral home.
(d) A Cadillac plant.
3. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His dad.
(b) His mom.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His brother.
4. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
5. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Weekly spelling bees.
(b) Math quizzes.
(c) Book reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
2. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
3. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
4. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
5. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)