|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
(a) Camp counselor.
(b) Volunteer at a hospital.
(c) Lab technician at Wayne State University.
(d) Supervisor with a highway crew.
2. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
3. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's father.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's brother.
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Principal's office/Anger.
(b) Top of the class/Motivation.
(c) Popular kids/Respect.
(d) Boiling point/Rational control.
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(b) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(c) It took away from his study time.
(d) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
3. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
4. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
5. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)