|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
2. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's grandfather.
(c) The author's father.
(d) The author's brother.
3. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
4. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(b) Art supplies.
5. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Top of the class/Motivation.
(b) Principal's office/Anger.
(c) Boiling point/Rational control.
(d) Popular kids/Respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Alma Whittley?
2. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
3. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
4. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
5. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)