|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
2. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He received a certificate.
(b) He received a trophy.
(c) He was given permission to leave school early.
(d) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
3. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
4. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(c) Sgt. Hunt.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
3. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
4. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
5. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)