|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
(a) To visit the Detroit Institute of Arts.
(b) To watch a quiz show on television.
(c) To put in long hours at the science lab.
(d) To study for the SAT.
2. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(d) College prep.
3. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) The room started to smell like smoke.
(b) The test was too hard.
(c) There was a fight outside.
(d) There was a war protest.
4. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
(a) Pretend nothing happened.
(b) Talk to his mother.
(c) Get counseling.
5. In "College Choices," how long did the author spend studying for his exam?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) All night.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
2. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
3. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
4. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
5. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)