|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To pray.
(b) To figure out what happened.
(c) To call his mother.
(d) To review his study notes.
2. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(b) The teacher who belittled him.
(c) The judgment from his mother.
(d) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
3. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
(a) To visit the Detroit Institute of Arts.
(b) To put in long hours at the science lab.
(c) To study for the SAT.
(d) To watch a quiz show on television.
4. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He was given permission to leave school early.
(b) He received a trophy.
(c) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
(d) He received a certificate.
5. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Seufert.
(b) Mr. Randall.
(c) Mrs. Whittley.
(d) Mr. Sandart.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
2. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
3. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
5. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)