|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(a) Stand outside in the cold.
2. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(b) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(c) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
(d) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(b) She read to him from the Bible.
(c) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(d) She lectured him.
4. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
(a) The language of the Bible made him even more angry.
(b) A string of verses about angry people.
(c) A chapter about a doctor who was a great healer.
(d) He did not understand the Bible.
5. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
(a) `Someone from the hospital visited his school.
(b) That was where he got his tonsils taken out.
(c) Every television or newspaper medical story seemed to feature someone there.
(d) His mom suggested that he practice medicine there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
2. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
3. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
4. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)