|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With their father.
(b) Home alone.
(c) With neighbors.
(d) With relatives.
2. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
(a) Lab technician at Wayne State University.
(b) Supervisor with a highway crew.
(c) Volunteer at a hospital.
(d) Camp counselor.
3. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The math and science teachers.
(b) The administrators.
(c) The students in higher grades.
(d) The kids who once teased him.
4. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
(a) A string of verses about angry people.
(b) The language of the Bible made him even more angry.
(c) He did not understand the Bible.
(d) A chapter about a doctor who was a great healer.
5. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
(a) Do math.
(b) Follow directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
2. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
3. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
5. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)