|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to his old house.
(b) He moved back to Boston.
(c) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(d) He got expelled from his old school.
2. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(b) To enroll her sons in private school.
(c) To go to night school.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(a) New York City.
4. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(b) The judgment from his mother.
(c) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(d) The teacher who belittled him.
5. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
(b) Mary Thomas.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
2. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
3. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
4. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
5. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)