|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Learning about General Custer.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Gym class.
2. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
(a) To church.
(b) To the library.
(c) To do volunteer work at a nursing home.
(d) To an afterschool program.
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(c) Stand outside in the cold.
4. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To pray.
(b) To call his mother.
(c) To figure out what happened.
(d) To review his study notes.
5. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(b) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
(c) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
(d) That his teacher did not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
2. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
3. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
4. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
5. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)