|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(d) New York City.
2. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(b) Mrs. Miller.
(d) Sgt. Hunt.
3. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
4. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(b) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
(c) He said he thought his father would approve.
(d) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
5. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
(a) He would be fined.
(b) He could no longer be in the premed program.
(c) He would be sent home.
(d) He would be put on probation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
2. Who was Alma Whittley?
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)