|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a member of the school board.
(b) His father was a Baptist minister.
(c) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(d) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
2. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) Some friends of the family.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt and uncle.
3. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Become one of the guys.
(b) Get a bad grade.
(c) Skip class.
(d) Get a girlfriend.
5. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Weekly spelling bees.
(b) Math quizzes.
(c) Book reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
2. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
4. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
5. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)