|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
(c) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(d) "Just As I Am."
2. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Book reports.
(b) Weekly spelling bees.
(d) Math quizzes.
3. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
4. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(a) New York City.
5. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
(a) The friend insulted his mother.
(b) They were arguing over radio stations.
(c) The friend copied his homework without his permission.
(d) The friend made fun of his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
2. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
3. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
5. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)