|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His father.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
2. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Playing clarinet.
(b) Working out.
(c) Punching a pillow.
(d) Reading the Bible.
3. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Study/Help him become a doctor.
(b) Angry/Control him.
(c) Successful/Find their own success.
(d) Pray/Help him control his temper.
5. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
2. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
3. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
5. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)