|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Play basketball.
(b) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(c) Tutor his friends.
(d) Work at a gas station.
2. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
3. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Math quizzes.
(c) Weekly spelling bees.
(d) Book reports.
4. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Punching a pillow.
(b) Working out.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Playing clarinet.
5. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(b) Art supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
4. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
5. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)