|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She read to him from the Bible.
(b) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(c) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(d) She lectured him.
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Domestic work.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Restaurant work.
(d) Factory work.
3. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
(a) His brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His father.
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(c) Thinking about college.
(d) Choosing a career.
5. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(d) College prep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
2. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
3. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
4. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
5. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)