|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
2. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
(b) He broke his brother's model airplane.
(c) He smashed a window of a business in town.
(d) He hit his mother with it.
3. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) It took away from his study time.
(b) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
(c) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(d) His mom never sent him with enough money.
5. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
3. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
5. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)