|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Pastor Ford.
(c) Mrs. Williamson.
3. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(b) Sgt. Hunt.
4. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He received a trophy.
(b) He was given permission to leave school early.
(c) He received a certificate.
(d) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
5. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
2. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
3. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)