|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His mom.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His dad.
2. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
(a) To church.
(b) To do volunteer work at a nursing home.
(c) To the library.
(d) To an afterschool program.
3. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Pastor Ford.
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
4. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
5. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(b) She read to him from the Bible.
(c) She lectured him.
(d) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
3. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
4. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
5. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)