|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(b) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(c) He said he thought his father would approve.
(d) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Skip class.
(c) Become one of the guys.
(d) Get a bad grade.
3. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(b) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(c) His father was a member of the school board.
(d) His father was a Baptist minister.
4. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had gone from good to great.
(b) They had been climbing.
(c) They were mostly failing grades.
(d) They changed very little.
5. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) Their mother made them quit the team.
(b) They decided to join the math team instead.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
2. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)