|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
(a) Talk to his mother.
(b) Get counseling.
(d) Pretend nothing happened.
2. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Leadership skills.
(c) Science facts.
(d) Classical music.
3. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she had low self-esteem.
(b) That she never remarried.
(c) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(d) That she let his father go.
4. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
(a) `Someone from the hospital visited his school.
(b) His mom suggested that he practice medicine there.
(c) Every television or newspaper medical story seemed to feature someone there.
(d) That was where he got his tonsils taken out.
5. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(b) To go to night school.
(c) To enroll her sons in private school.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
2. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
3. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
4. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
5. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)