|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because he did not have a father.
(b) Because his house was in need of repair.
(c) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(d) Because his clothes were dirty.
2. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
3. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) Her mother.
4. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
(b) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
(c) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(d) That his teacher did not like him.
5. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Draw pictures on them.
(b) Smack them.
(c) Play with the veins.
(d) Read his palm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
2. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
3. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
4. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
5. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)