|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(d) Art supplies.
2. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Math quizzes.
(b) Weekly spelling bees.
(d) Book reports.
3. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(b) Study/Help him become a doctor.
(c) Angry/Control him.
(d) Successful/Find their own success.
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Gym class.
(b) Eating lunch.
(d) Learning about General Custer.
5. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(b) The teacher who belittled him.
(c) The judgment from his mother.
(d) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
2. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
3. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
4. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
5. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)