|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
(b) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(d) Fathers/Do as they please.
2. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(b) Science facts.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Leadership skills.
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She lectured him.
(b) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(c) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(d) She read to him from the Bible.
4. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With neighbors.
(b) With relatives.
(c) With their father.
(d) Home alone.
5. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Restaurant work.
(c) Factory work.
(d) Domestic work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
2. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
3. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
4. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
5. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)