|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(b) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(c) To enroll her sons in private school.
(d) To go to night school.
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(c) Thinking about college.
(d) Choosing a career.
3. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(a) Art supplies.
4. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) Paradise Theater.
(b) A mill.
(c) A Cadillac plant.
(d) A funeral home.
5. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(b) Mr. Doakes.
(c) Sgt. Bandy.
(d) Mr. McCotter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
2. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
4. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
5. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)