|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
(b) Mary Thomas.
(c) His mother.
2. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 0 out of 30.
(b) 15 out of 30.
(c) 9 out of 30.
(d) 28 out of 30.
3. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(d) Art supplies.
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(b) Angry/Control him.
(c) Successful/Find their own success.
(d) Study/Help him become a doctor.
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(c) Sgt. Hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
2. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
3. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
4. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
5. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)