|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Skip class.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Get a girlfriend.
(d) Get a bad grade.
3. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
4. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) Their mother made them quit the team.
(b) They decided to join the math team instead.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
5. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
(a) Mr. McCotter.
(b) Mr. Doakes.
(c) Sgt. Bandy.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
2. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
3. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
4. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
5. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)