|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Playing clarinet.
(b) Punching a pillow.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Working out.
2. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) To visit her ex-husband.
(c) To gamble.
(d) To pursue a singing career.
3. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Just As I Am."
(b) "Amazing Grace."
(c) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
(d) "Nearer My God to Thee."
4. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With their father.
(b) With relatives.
(c) Home alone.
(d) With neighbors.
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 28 out of 30.
(b) 0 out of 30.
(c) 9 out of 30.
(d) 15 out of 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
2. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
3. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
4. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
5. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)