|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(b) He got expelled from his old school.
(c) He moved back to Boston.
(d) He moved back to his old house.
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Skin cells.
(b) Blades of grass.
(c) Protozoa from water samples.
3. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
(c) Mary Thomas.
(d) His mother.
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
(d) Pastor Ford.
5. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His dad.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
3. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
4. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
5. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)