|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Draw pictures on them.
(b) Play with the veins.
(c) Smack them.
(d) Read his palm.
2. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His third grade teacher.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
3. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
(a) The friend insulted his mother.
(b) The friend made fun of his clothes.
(c) They were arguing over radio stations.
(d) The friend copied his homework without his permission.
4. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(c) New York City.
5. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a member of the school board.
(b) His father was a Baptist minister.
(c) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(d) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
2. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)