|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) Her mother.
2. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He was given permission to leave school early.
(b) He received a trophy.
(c) He received a certificate.
(d) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
3. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
(b) A scholarship to West Point.
(c) A book about Vietnam.
(d) A trip to the White House.
4. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
5. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Learning about General Custer.
(c) Gym class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
2. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
3. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
4. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
5. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)