|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Top of the class/Motivation.
(b) Popular kids/Respect.
(c) Boiling point/Rational control.
(d) Principal's office/Anger.
2. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because his clothes were dirty.
(b) Because he did not have a father.
(c) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(d) Because his house was in need of repair.
3. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
(a) To visit the Detroit Institute of Arts.
(b) To watch a quiz show on television.
(c) To put in long hours at the science lab.
(d) To study for the SAT.
4. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
5. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had been climbing.
(b) They had gone from good to great.
(c) They changed very little.
(d) They were mostly failing grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
2. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
3. Who is Curtis?
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
5. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)