|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
(b) A book about Vietnam.
(c) A scholarship to West Point.
(d) A trip to the White House.
2. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
(a) He could watch television when he finished his homework.
(b) He was no longer allowed to watch television.
(c) He could only watch television on Saturdays.
(d) He could watch three programs a week.
3. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His third grade teacher.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(c) High school.
(d) Third grade.
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to Boston.
(b) He moved back to his old house.
(c) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(d) He got expelled from his old school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
3. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
4. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
5. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)