|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(b) "Just As I Am."
(c) "Amazing Grace."
(d) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
2. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Angry/Control him.
(b) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(c) Study/Help him become a doctor.
(d) Successful/Find their own success.
3. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The administrators.
(b) The students in higher grades.
(c) The math and science teachers.
(d) The kids who once teased him.
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A husband.
(b) Food stamps.
(c) A second job.
(d) A therapist.
5. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The judgment from his mother.
(b) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(c) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(d) The teacher who belittled him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
2. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
3. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
4. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
5. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)