|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Pastor Ford.
(d) Mrs. Williamson.
2. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His teacher.
5. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They hopped trains.
(b) They rode bikes.
(c) They roller skated.
(d) They hitchhiked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
3. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)