|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Get a bad grade.
(c) Skip class.
(d) Become one of the guys.
2. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
3. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(c) High school.
(d) Third grade.
4. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
5. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a Baptist minister.
(b) His father was a member of the school board.
(c) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(d) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
2. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
3. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
4. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
5. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)