|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His pencil.
(d) His shirt.
2. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) Some friends of the family.
3. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(c) Choosing a career.
(d) Thinking about college.
4. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
5. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's grandfather.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author's cousin.
(d) The author's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
3. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
5. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)