|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to his old house.
(b) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(c) He got expelled from his old school.
(d) He moved back to Boston.
2. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The administrators.
(b) The math and science teachers.
(c) The kids who once teased him.
(d) The students in higher grades.
3. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Skin cells.
(c) Protozoa from water samples.
(d) Blades of grass.
4. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
(a) He could watch television when he finished his homework.
(b) He was no longer allowed to watch television.
(c) He could only watch television on Saturdays.
(d) He could watch three programs a week.
5. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father did not believe in God.
(b) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(c) That his father had another wife and other children.
(d) That his father was abused as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
2. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
3. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
4. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)