|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He knew the dates of every war.
(b) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
(c) He knew what flax was.
(d) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
2. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His pencil.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His shoes.
3. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
4. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(b) He said he thought his father would approve.
(c) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(d) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
5. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(c) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
(d) Fathers/Do as they please.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
3. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)