|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To go to night school.
(b) To enroll her sons in private school.
(c) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(d) To get back together with her ex-husband.
2. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(c) Missionary doctors.
(d) Bad parents.
3. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
(a) He got an eye examination at school.
(b) He met the President.
(c) He won a science competition.
(d) He went to Disneyland.
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(b) That she let his father go.
(c) That she never remarried.
(d) That she had low self-esteem.
5. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Third grade.
(c) High school.
(d) Tenth grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
2. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
3. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
5. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)