|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The administrators.
(b) The students in higher grades.
(c) The math and science teachers.
(d) The kids who once teased him.
2. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His third grade teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
3. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a bad grade.
(b) Skip class.
(c) Get a girlfriend.
(d) Become one of the guys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
3. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
4. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
5. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)