|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(b) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(c) His father was a Baptist minister.
(d) His father was a member of the school board.
3. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His father.
(b) His teacher.
(d) His mother.
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Mrs. Williamson.
(c) Pastor Ford.
5. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(b) Their mother made them quit the team.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) They decided to join the math team instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
3. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
4. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
5. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)