|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
2. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(c) Fathers/Do as they please.
(d) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
3. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They were mostly failing grades.
(b) They changed very little.
(c) They had gone from good to great.
(d) They had been climbing.
4. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(c) New York City.
5. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(d) College prep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
2. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
3. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
5. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)