|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Play basketball.
(b) Work at a gas station.
(c) Tutor his friends.
(d) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
4. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
(b) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(c) He said he thought his father would approve.
(d) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to Boston.
(b) He got expelled from his old school.
(c) He moved back to his old house.
(d) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
2. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
5. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)