|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) To visit her ex-husband.
(c) To pursue a singing career.
(d) To gamble.
2. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's brother.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's father.
3. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His dad.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mom.
4. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(b) Their mother made them quit the team.
(c) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(d) They decided to join the math team instead.
5. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They changed very little.
(b) They had been climbing.
(c) They had gone from good to great.
(d) They were mostly failing grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
2. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
4. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
5. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)