|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(b) Protozoa from water samples.
(c) Blades of grass.
(d) Skin cells.
3. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Skip class.
(c) Get a bad grade.
(d) Become one of the guys.
5. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) Some friends of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
2. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
4. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)