|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author's grandfather.
(d) The author's father.
2. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They changed very little.
(b) They had gone from good to great.
(c) They were mostly failing grades.
(d) They had been climbing.
3. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
(a) The administrators.
(b) The kids who once teased him.
(c) The students in higher grades.
(d) The math and science teachers.
4. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
5. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Restaurant work.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Domestic work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
3. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
4. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
5. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)