|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 9 out of 30.
(b) 0 out of 30.
(c) 15 out of 30.
(d) 28 out of 30.
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(b) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
(c) It took away from his study time.
(d) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
3. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) High school.
4. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Lost a bet.
(b) Bad things.
(c) Gotten in a fight.
(d) Gotten a new job.
5. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
2. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
4. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
5. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)