|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Pastor Ford.
(c) Mrs. Williamson.
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Play with the veins.
(b) Smack them.
(c) Draw pictures on them.
(d) Read his palm.
4. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They hitchhiked.
(b) They rode bikes.
(c) They roller skated.
(d) They hopped trains.
5. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
2. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
3. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
4. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
5. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)