|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Skin cells.
(b) Protozoa from water samples.
(c) Blades of grass.
2. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
3. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
(c) Pastor Ford.
4. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His pencil.
(d) His shirt.
5. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(b) They decided to join the math team instead.
(c) Their mother made them quit the team.
(d) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
2. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
3. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
4. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
5. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)