|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Blades of grass.
(b) Protozoa from water samples.
(d) Skin cells.
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Restaurant work.
(c) Domestic work.
(d) Factory work.
5. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
2. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
3. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
4. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
5. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)