|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A Cadillac plant.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) A mill.
(d) Paradise Theater.
2. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To go to night school.
(b) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(c) To enroll her sons in private school.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
3. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
4. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With their father.
(b) With relatives.
(c) With neighbors.
(d) Home alone.
5. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Lost a bet.
(b) Bad things.
(c) Gotten in a fight.
(d) Gotten a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
2. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
3. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
4. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
5. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)