|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His teacher.
2. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Read his palm.
(b) Play with the veins.
(c) Draw pictures on them.
(d) Smack them.
4. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
5. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(b) To enroll her sons in private school.
(c) To go to night school.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
3. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
4. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
5. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)