|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 0 out of 30.
(b) 9 out of 30.
(c) 28 out of 30.
(d) 15 out of 30.
2. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His third grade teacher.
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(c) College prep.
4. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They changed very little.
(b) They had been climbing.
(c) They had gone from good to great.
(d) They were mostly failing grades.
5. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Pastor Ford.
(c) Mrs. Williamson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
2. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
3. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
4. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
5. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)