|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
2. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(b) New York City.
3. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father had another wife and other children.
(b) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(c) That his father did not believe in God.
(d) That his father was abused as a child.
4. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
5. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His third grade teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
3. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)