|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(b) That his father had another wife and other children.
(c) That his father was abused as a child.
(d) That his father did not believe in God.
2. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
3. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Restaurant work.
(c) Factory work.
(d) Domestic work.
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(b) That she never remarried.
(c) That she had low self-esteem.
(d) That she let his father go.
5. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(c) Stand outside in the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
3. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
4. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
5. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)