|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
2. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
3. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(b) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
(c) That his teacher did not like him.
(d) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
4. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With neighbors.
(b) With their father.
(c) With relatives.
(d) Home alone.
5. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
(a) To visit her ex-husband.
(b) To pursue a singing career.
(c) A mental institution.
(d) To gamble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
2. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
3. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
4. Who is Curtis?
5. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)