|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With neighbors.
(b) With their father.
(c) With relatives.
(d) Home alone.
2. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father did not believe in God.
(b) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(c) That his father was abused as a child.
(d) That his father had another wife and other children.
3. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A mill.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) A Cadillac plant.
(d) Paradise Theater.
4. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(c) New York City.
5. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(c) Bad parents.
(d) Missionary doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
2. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
3. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
4. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
5. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)