|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(a) Stand outside in the cold.
3. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(b) Missionary doctors.
(d) Bad parents.
4. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
5. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) Home alone.
(b) With their father.
(c) With relatives.
(d) With neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
2. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
3. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
4. Who is Curtis?
5. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)