|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father was abused as a child.
(b) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(c) That his father did not believe in God.
(d) That his father had another wife and other children.
2. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
3. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) Some friends of the family.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt and uncle.
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(a) College prep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
2. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
3. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
4. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
5. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)