|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
2. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she never remarried.
(b) That she let his father go.
(c) That she had low self-esteem.
(d) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
3. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father had another wife and other children.
(b) That his father was abused as a child.
(c) That his father did not believe in God.
(d) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
4. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Domestic work.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Restaurant work.
(d) Secretarial work.
5. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
2. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
3. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)