|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(b) High school.
(c) Third grade.
(d) Tenth grade.
2. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
(a) His third grade teacher.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she let his father go.
(b) That she never remarried.
(c) That she had low self-esteem.
(d) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
4. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(d) Valentine's Day.
5. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
2. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
3. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)