|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she never remarried.
(b) That she had low self-esteem.
(c) That she let his father go.
(d) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
(c) Pastor Ford.
3. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father was abused as a child.
(b) That his father had another wife and other children.
(c) That his father did not believe in God.
(d) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
4. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(a) College prep.
5. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(b) Fathers/Do as they please.
(c) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
(d) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
2. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
3. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
4. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
5. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)