|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(b) That his father was abused as a child.
(c) That his father did not believe in God.
(d) That his father had another wife and other children.
2. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
(a) To gamble.
(b) To pursue a singing career.
(c) A mental institution.
(d) To visit her ex-husband.
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(d) New York City.
4. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(c) College prep.
5. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(b) That she had low self-esteem.
(c) That she let his father go.
(d) That she never remarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
2. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
3. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
4. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)