|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
2. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had been climbing.
(b) They were mostly failing grades.
(c) They changed very little.
(d) They had gone from good to great.
3. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
4. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
5. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
(d) Pastor Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
2. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
3. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
4. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)