|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
2. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(b) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(c) To go to night school.
(d) To enroll her sons in private school.
3. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(b) That she let his father go.
(c) That she never remarried.
(d) That she had low self-esteem.
4. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) His father.
(b) Some friends of the family.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His aunt and uncle.
5. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
2. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
3. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
4. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
5. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)