|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Pastor Ford.
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
2. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With neighbors.
(b) With their father.
(c) With relatives.
(d) Home alone.
3. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had been climbing.
(b) They changed very little.
(c) They had gone from good to great.
(d) They were mostly failing grades.
4. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
5. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
3. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
4. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
5. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)