|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
2. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Gotten in a fight.
(b) Bad things.
(c) Gotten a new job.
(d) Lost a bet.
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(d) Stand outside in the cold.
4. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teacher who belittled him.
(b) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(c) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(d) The judgment from his mother.
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 0 out of 30.
(b) 15 out of 30.
(c) 28 out of 30.
(d) 9 out of 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
2. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
3. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
4. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
5. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)