|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
2. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
(a) To visit her ex-husband.
(b) To pursue a singing career.
(c) To gamble.
(d) A mental institution.
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Read his palm.
(b) Smack them.
(c) Draw pictures on them.
(d) Play with the veins.
4. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) Home alone.
(b) With their father.
(c) With neighbors.
(d) With relatives.
5. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(c) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
2. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
3. Who is Curtis?
4. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)