|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
2. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's grandfather.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author's cousin.
(d) The author's father.
3. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(b) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(c) His father was a member of the school board.
(d) His father was a Baptist minister.
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) High school.
5. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Domestic work.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Factory work.
(d) Restaurant work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
2. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
3. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
4. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
5. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)