|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(d) College prep.
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(c) Stand outside in the cold.
3. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Pastor Ford.
(c) Mrs. Williamson.
4. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Restaurant work.
(d) Domestic work.
5. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Bad things.
(b) Gotten a new job.
(c) Gotten in a fight.
(d) Lost a bet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
2. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
3. Who is Curtis?
4. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
5. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)