|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(b) The teacher who belittled him.
(c) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(d) The judgment from his mother.
2. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
3. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a member of the school board.
(b) His father was a Baptist minister.
(c) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(d) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(d) High school.
5. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Curtis?
2. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
3. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
4. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
5. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)