|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had gone from good to great.
(b) They had been climbing.
(c) They changed very little.
(d) They were mostly failing grades.
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a Baptist minister.
(b) His father was a member of the school board.
(c) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(d) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
3. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she never remarried.
(b) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(c) That she had low self-esteem.
(d) That she let his father go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
2. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
3. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
4. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
5. Who is Curtis?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)