|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Domestic work.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Factory work.
(d) Restaurant work.
2. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
3. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) Some friends of the family.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt and uncle.
4. What does the author say was his one complaint about his mother?
(a) That she had low self-esteem.
(b) That she hid how bad things were during his childhood.
(c) That she let his father go.
(d) That she never remarried.
5. What does the author say is the truth he learned much later about his father?
(a) That his father did not believe in God.
(b) That his father had a history of substance abuse.
(c) That his father was abused as a child.
(d) That his father had another wife and other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
2. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
3. Who is Curtis?
4. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
5. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)