|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A Cadillac plant.
(b) Paradise Theater.
(c) A funeral home.
(d) A mill.
2. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 28 out of 30.
(b) 0 out of 30.
(c) 15 out of 30.
(d) 9 out of 30.
3. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
4. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(b) To enroll her sons in private school.
(c) To go to night school.
(d) To get back together with her ex-husband.
5. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Domestic work.
(d) Restaurant work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
2. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
3. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
4. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
5. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)