|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: Separating Twins and the Rest of Their Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Maranda say, in "A Girl Named Maranda," that she wanted after her hemispherectomy?
(a) No more seizures.
(b) A new haircut.
(c) A better brain.
(d) A doll.
2. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) The test was too hard.
(b) The room started to smell like smoke.
(c) There was a war protest.
(d) There was a fight outside.
3. What did the author and Dr. Udvarhelyi end up talking about extensively in the interview for Johns Hopkins?
(b) Classical music.
(c) Metal rings.
4. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(a) Fathers/Do as they please.
(c) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
(d) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
5. What college did the author decide to attend?
(c) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
2. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
4. How many applications for neurosurgery residency does the author say Johns Hopkins averaged?
5. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)