|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: A Girl Named Maranda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
2. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
3. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
(d) Classical music.
4. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Gotten a new job.
(b) Lost a bet.
(c) Bad things.
(d) Gotten in a fight.
5. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "Just As I Am."
(c) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
(d) "Nearer My God to Thee."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many applications for neurosurgery residency does the author say Johns Hopkins averaged?
2. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
3. What does the author say his mother brought a sense of to the family?
4. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)