|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Changing the Rules.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
2. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
(b) Talk to his mother.
(c) Pretend nothing happened.
(d) Get counseling.
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(b) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(c) She lectured him.
(d) She read to him from the Bible.
4. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's father.
(b) The author's cousin.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author's grandfather.
5. What was the reason the author and his classmates were given for having to retake a test for the psychology class, Perceptions 101?
(a) The tests were lost.
(b) The tests were inadvertently burned.
(c) No one passed the first test.
(d) There was too much talking during the first test.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "College Choices," how long did the author spend studying for his exam?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
3. What does the author's mother call him in "Goodbye Daddy"?
4. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
5. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)