|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: ROTC Triumph.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Playing clarinet.
(b) Working out.
(c) Punching a pillow.
(d) Reading the Bible.
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Become one of the guys.
(b) Skip class.
(c) Get a bad grade.
(d) Get a girlfriend.
3. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) His father.
(b) Mary Thomas.
(d) Bobby Farmer.
4. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Smack them.
(b) Read his palm.
(c) Play with the veins.
(d) Draw pictures on them.
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(b) Sgt. Hunt.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
2. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
3. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
5. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)