|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Big Boy's Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(b) Learning about General Custer.
(c) Gym class.
(d) Eating lunch.
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(a) Stand outside in the cold.
3. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
(b) Do math.
(c) Follow directions.
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
3. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
4. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
5. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)