|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Eight Years Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
(c) Pastor Ford.
2. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) Home alone.
(b) With their father.
(c) With relatives.
(d) With neighbors.
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(d) New York City.
4. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
5. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
2. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
4. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
5. Who does the author say was the "earliest, strongest, and most impacting force" in his life?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)