|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
2. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) There was a fight outside.
(b) There was a war protest.
(c) The test was too hard.
(d) The room started to smell like smoke.
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(b) Stand outside in the cold.
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Become one of the guys.
(b) Get a bad grade.
(c) Get a girlfriend.
(d) Skip class.
5. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
(a) To gamble.
(b) A mental institution.
(c) To visit her ex-husband.
(d) To pursue a singing career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
2. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
3. How does the author say Bo-Bo Valentine received her injury?
4. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
5. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)