|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It embraced classical music.
(b) It met on Saturday.
(c) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(d) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
2. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(a) Stand outside in the cold.
3. During the author's intense year as chief resident, he learned the special skills that transform the _____ along with his hands, eyes and intuition into _____.
(b) Surgical instruments/Healing.
(c) Patients/Empowered advocates for healthcare.
4. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(a) College prep.
5. In "College Choices," what was the class that the author fell behind in the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
2. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
3. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
5. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)