|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(d) Valentine's Day.
2. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He broke his brother's model airplane.
(b) He hit his mother with it.
(c) He smashed a window of a business in town.
(d) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
3. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A trip to the White House.
(b) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
(c) A book about Vietnam.
(d) A scholarship to West Point.
4. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Protozoa from water samples.
(b) Skin cells.
(c) Blades of grass.
5. How did Beth Usher, in "Little Beth," receive a bump that later caused her first seizure?
(a) She fell from a swing.
(b) She was hit with a baseball.
(c) She was stung by a bee.
(d) She ran into a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
2. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
3. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)