|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
(b) He received a certificate.
(c) He was given permission to leave school early.
(d) He received a trophy.
2. During the author's intense year as chief resident, he learned the special skills that transform the _____ along with his hands, eyes and intuition into _____.
(b) Patients/Empowered advocates for healthcare.
(d) Surgical instruments/Healing.
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(c) Stand outside in the cold.
4. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
(b) Talk to his mother.
(c) Get counseling.
(d) Pretend nothing happened.
5. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Science facts.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Leadership skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
2. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
3. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)