|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She read to him from the Bible.
(b) She lectured him.
(c) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(d) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
2. What did the CT scan show after Beth's surgery in "Little Beth"?
(a) Her brain stem was swollen.
(b) A parasite.
(c) She was bleeding.
(d) A mysterious mass.
3. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
(a) She gave him a crash course in study skills.
(b) She gave him information about the biology program at Wayne State University.
(c) She helped him get a job at Ford Motor Company.
(d) She helped him write an essay for his college application.
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(c) High school.
(d) Third grade.
5. In "College Choices," what was the class that the author fell behind in the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
2. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
3. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
4. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
5. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)