|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Skip class.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Get a bad grade.
(d) Get a girlfriend.
2. What is a pupilary response?
(a) When students answers a teacher's question.
(b) When someone's eyes react to dust or other foreign objects.
(c) When someone goes blind.
(d) When pupils respond to light.
3. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
4. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) A classmate
(b) A stranger.
(d) His mother.
5. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
2. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
3. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
4. Why does the author say he experiences less of a negative response from patients nowadays?
5. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)