|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
2. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To figure out what happened.
(b) To review his study notes.
(c) To pray.
(d) To call his mother.
3. Where did the author turn when he believed he could not pass an exam?
(a) To his mother.
(b) To God.
(c) To the campus tutoring center.
(d) To his academic adviser.
4. What affiliation did the author and his wife have that opened doors for them in Australia?
(a) They lived in Michigan.
(b) They were Yale alumni.
(c) They belonged to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
(d) They were Black Americans.
5. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(d) Stand outside in the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
2. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
3. What does the author say interns called their white uniforms in "Coming Into My Own"?
4. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
5. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)