|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) Their mother made them quit the team.
(b) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(c) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(d) They decided to join the math team instead.
2. In "A Special Year," why was the author concerned about his wife traveling to Australia?
(a) She would have to leave all of her close friends.
(b) She would have to quit a lucrative job.
(c) She hated warm climates.
(d) She was pregnant and on bed rest.
3. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Working out.
(b) Reading the Bible.
(c) Punching a pillow.
(d) Playing clarinet.
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He got expelled from his old school.
(b) He moved back to Boston.
(c) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(d) He moved back to his old house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
2. What does the author say a "four plus" did at the hospital?
3. What did the CT scan show after Beth's surgery in "Little Beth"?
4. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
5. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)