|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affiliation did the author and his wife have that opened doors for them in Australia?
(a) They were Yale alumni.
(b) They were Black Americans.
(c) They lived in Michigan.
(d) They belonged to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
2. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It embraced classical music.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(d) It met on Saturday.
3. In "A Special Year," why was the author concerned about his wife traveling to Australia?
(a) She would have to leave all of her close friends.
(b) She would have to quit a lucrative job.
(c) She hated warm climates.
(d) She was pregnant and on bed rest.
4. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
(a) A ten-dollar bill.
(b) A subscription to Psychology Today.
(c) Extra credit.
(d) A certificate.
5. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) With relatives.
(b) With their father.
(c) Home alone.
(d) With neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marveled the author about Danielle's parents, in "Three Special Children," when she died?
2. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
3. How long did the author expect Maranda's surgery to be, in "A Girl Named Maranda"?
4. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
5. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)