|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
2. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had gone from good to great.
(b) They were mostly failing grades.
(c) They had been climbing.
(d) They changed very little.
3. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He knew the dates of every war.
(b) He knew what flax was.
(c) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
(d) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
4. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(b) Art supplies.
5. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Get a bad grade.
(c) Skip class.
(d) Become one of the guys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. What affiliation did the author and his wife have that opened doors for them in Australia?
3. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
4. Denise's surgery, in "Little Beth," confirmed for the author that when people know their _____ and they know their job, it doesn't matter who _____ them.
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)