|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) His aunt and uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) Some friends of the family.
(d) His grandparents.
2. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To call his mother.
(b) To figure out what happened.
(c) To pray.
(d) To review his study notes.
3. How did patient Danielle's mother first learn about the author, in "Three Special Children"?
(a) Danielle's doctor referred him.
(b) An entry in Encyclopedia Britannica.
(c) The Phil Donahue show.
(d) An article in Ladies Home Journal.
4. What celebrity came to Johns Hopkins to visit Beth while she was comatose?
(b) Julie Andrews.
(c) Big Bird.
(d) Fred Rogers.
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
2. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
3. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
4. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
5. What is a pupilary response?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)