|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
2. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(b) They decided to join the math team instead.
(c) Their mother made them quit the team.
(d) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
3. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(b) Play basketball.
(c) Work at a gas station.
(d) Tutor his friends.
4. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
5. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
(a) He met the President.
(b) He went to Disneyland.
(c) He won a science competition.
(d) He got an eye examination at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
2. In "A Special Year," why was the author concerned about his wife traveling to Australia?
3. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
5. Why does the author say he experiences less of a negative response from patients nowadays?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)