|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Working out.
(c) Playing clarinet.
(d) Punching a pillow.
2. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(a) College prep.
3. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
(a) Her condition was inoperable.
(b) The doctors believed a new drug would cure her.
(c) The doctors saw no evidence of inflammation on her brain.
(d) The results were inconclusive.
4. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
5. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
(b) He pushed him into a locker
(c) He insulted his mother.
(d) He put him in a head lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
2. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
3. What marveled the author about Danielle's parents, in "Three Special Children," when she died?
4. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
5. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)