|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the author expect Maranda's surgery to be, in "A Girl Named Maranda"?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Two hours.
2. From what age did Maranda Francisco start having grand mal seizures?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Seven days old.
(c) Four years old.
(d) Eighteen months old.
3. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
(a) A string of verses about angry people.
(b) The language of the Bible made him even more angry.
(c) A chapter about a doctor who was a great healer.
(d) He did not understand the Bible.
4. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He was given permission to leave school early.
(b) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
(c) He received a certificate.
(d) He received a trophy.
5. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Just As I Am."
(b) "Nearer My God to Thee."
(c) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
(d) "Amazing Grace."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
2. Who was Alma Whittley?
3. What celebrity came to Johns Hopkins to visit Beth while she was comatose?
4. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)