|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
(a) He received a fellowship to study abroad.
(b) He realized he applied to too many programs.
(c) He was accepted to the University of Michigan.
(d) He decided to take a year off to get married.
2. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
(a) "Jesus Is All the World to Me."
(b) "Just As I Am."
(c) "Amazing Grace."
(d) "Nearer My God to Thee."
3. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A classmate
4. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
(b) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
(c) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
(d) The year after he graduated from college.
5. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
2. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
4. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
5. What celebrity came to Johns Hopkins to visit Beth while she was comatose?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)