|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
2. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
(b) Follow directions.
(d) Do math.
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(c) College prep.
4. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To call his mother.
(b) To review his study notes.
(c) To figure out what happened.
(d) To pray.
5. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) Some friends of the family.
(b) His aunt and uncle.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
2. Denise's surgery, in "Little Beth," confirmed for the author that when people know their _____ and they know their job, it doesn't matter who _____ them.
3. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
4. What college did the author decide to attend?
5. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)