|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Third grade.
(c) High school.
(d) Tenth grade.
2. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
(a) That she try harder next time.
(b) That she keep practicing.
(c) That she go home.
(d) That she sing in the choir.
3. How long did the author expect Maranda's surgery to be, in "A Girl Named Maranda"?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Five hours.
4. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He knew the dates of every war.
(b) He knew what flax was.
(c) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
(d) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
5. What does the author say a "four plus" did at the hospital?
(a) Informed how long an operation would be.
(b) Indicated the number of surgeons required to attend neurosurgery grand rounds.
(c) Instructed how much coffee was needed.
(d) Galvanized everyone into action.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
2. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
3. How does the author say Bo-Bo Valentine received her injury?
4. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
5. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)