|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual solution did one doctor suggest Maranda try twice a day for her seizures?
(d) Cod liver oil.
2. From what age did Maranda Francisco start having grand mal seizures?
(a) Four years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Seven days old.
(d) Eighteen months old.
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) It took away from his study time.
(b) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(c) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(d) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
4. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Working out.
(b) Reading the Bible.
(c) Punching a pillow.
(d) Playing clarinet.
5. What does the author say a "four plus" did at the hospital?
(a) Indicated the number of surgeons required to attend neurosurgery grand rounds.
(b) Galvanized everyone into action.
(c) Informed how long an operation would be.
(d) Instructed how much coffee was needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
2. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
3. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
4. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)