|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
2. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Classical music.
(b) Leadership skills.
(d) Science facts.
3. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
(b) He knew the dates of every war.
(c) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
(d) He knew what flax was.
4. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(b) An underground newspaper.
(c) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
(d) Honor Society.
5. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
(a) The doctors saw no evidence of inflammation on her brain.
(b) The doctors believed a new drug would cure her.
(c) The results were inconclusive.
(d) Her condition was inoperable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
3. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
4. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
5. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)