|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
(b) Mary Thomas.
(d) His mother.
2. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His pencil.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His backpack.
3. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(d) High school.
4. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
(b) Good grades/Personality.
5. In "College Choices," why did the author want to be alone after his "miracle" exam?
(a) To figure out what happened.
(b) To review his study notes.
(c) To pray.
(d) To call his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
2. What did Maranda say, in "A Girl Named Maranda," that she wanted after her hemispherectomy?
3. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
4. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
5. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)