|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
(a) A certificate.
(b) Extra credit.
(c) A subscription to Psychology Today.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
2. What does the author say was a "golden opportunity," where there would be no outcries over Denise Baca's hemispherectomy?
(a) When a judge ordered the operation.
(b) When the author was asked to televise the procedure.
(c) When his critic left for an overseas conference.
(d) When Denise's family and friends held a candlelight vigil.
3. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
4. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A book about Vietnam.
(b) A trip to the White House.
(c) A scholarship to West Point.
(d) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(b) Thinking about college.
(d) Choosing a career.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what years was the author a resident at Johns Hopkins?
2. Why does the author say he experiences less of a negative response from patients nowadays?
3. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
4. What percent academic scholarship does the author say he received for college?
5. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)