|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Boiling point/Rational control.
(b) Popular kids/Respect.
(c) Top of the class/Motivation.
(d) Principal's office/Anger.
2. Denise's surgery, in "Little Beth," confirmed for the author that when people know their _____ and they know their job, it doesn't matter who _____ them.
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) Food stamps.
(b) A therapist.
(c) A second job.
(d) A husband.
4. How did Beth Usher, in "Little Beth," receive a bump that later caused her first seizure?
(a) She fell from a swing.
(b) She was stung by a bee.
(c) She was hit with a baseball.
(d) She ran into a wall.
5. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
2. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
3. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
4. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
5. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)