|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years was the author a resident at Johns Hopkins?
2. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(c) Art supplies.
3. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His pencil.
4. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(b) To go to night school.
(c) To enroll her sons in private school.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 0 out of 30.
(b) 28 out of 30.
(c) 15 out of 30.
(d) 9 out of 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
2. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
3. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
4. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
5. What reason does the author give for not wanting to travel to Australia, in "A Special Year"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)