|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His pencil.
(b) His backpack.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His shoes.
2. The author graduates _____ in his senior high school class.
3. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. Why was the author surprised when he read the exam problems in the booklet, in "College Choices"?
(a) The booklet included formulas that would help him solve the problems.
(b) He had no idea how to solve the problems.
(c) He thought the problems were much easier than he expected.
(d) They were identical to the ones he saw in a dream.
5. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Successful/Find their own success.
(b) Angry/Control him.
(c) Study/Help him become a doctor.
(d) Pray/Help him control his temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
2. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
4. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
5. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)