|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the author's intense year as chief resident, he learned the special skills that transform the _____ along with his hands, eyes and intuition into _____.
(a) Patients/Empowered advocates for healthcare.
(c) Surgical instruments/Healing.
2. During what years was the author a resident at Johns Hopkins?
3. What consequence did the author face if he failed a college class?
(a) He would be sent home.
(b) He could no longer be in the premed program.
(c) He would be fined.
(d) He would be put on probation.
4. What type of animal did the author decide to focus his brain research on, in "Coming Into My Own"?
5. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Sandart.
(b) Mrs. Whittley.
(c) Mr. Seufert.
(d) Mr. Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
2. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
3. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)