|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Gym class.
(c) Learning about General Custer.
2. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He broke his brother's model airplane.
(b) He smashed a window of a business in town.
(c) He hit his mother with it.
(d) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(b) College prep.
4. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
5. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(b) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
(c) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
(d) That his teacher did not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
3. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
5. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)