|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He got expelled from his old school.
(b) He moved back to Boston.
(c) He moved back to his old house.
(d) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
2. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Study/Help him become a doctor.
(b) Successful/Find their own success.
(c) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(d) Angry/Control him.
3. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
4. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(b) Art supplies.
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
2. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
3. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
4. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)