|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
2. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Eating lunch.
(c) Gym class.
(d) Learning about General Custer.
3. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
(a) 28 out of 30.
(b) 9 out of 30.
(c) 0 out of 30.
(d) 15 out of 30.
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Pastor Ford.
(c) Mrs. Williamson.
5. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Skip class.
(d) Get a bad grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
2. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
3. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
4. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
5. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)