|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
(b) Follow directions.
(d) Do math.
2. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
(a) New York City.
3. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(d) Art supplies.
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To enroll her sons in private school.
(b) To go to night school.
(c) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
2. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
3. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
4. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
5. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)