|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They changed very little.
(b) They had been climbing.
(c) They were mostly failing grades.
(d) They had gone from good to great.
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Pastor Ford.
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
3. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To go to night school.
(b) To enroll her sons in private school.
(c) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(d) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
4. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
(a) A chapter about a doctor who was a great healer.
(b) The language of the Bible made him even more angry.
(c) He did not understand the Bible.
(d) A string of verses about angry people.
5. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Restaurant work.
(b) Domestic work.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Factory work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
2. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
3. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
4. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
5. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)