|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
2. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
(a) They rode bikes.
(b) They roller skated.
(c) They hitchhiked.
(d) They hopped trains.
3. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Boiling point/Rational control.
(b) Top of the class/Motivation.
(c) Principal's office/Anger.
(d) Popular kids/Respect.
4. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(b) To go to night school.
(c) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(d) To enroll her sons in private school.
5. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
2. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
4. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
5. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)