|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(b) Successful/Find their own success.
(c) Angry/Control him.
(d) Study/Help him become a doctor.
2. In "A Terrible Temper," the author says once he reached the _____, he lost all _____.
(a) Principal's office/Anger.
(b) Popular kids/Respect.
(c) Top of the class/Motivation.
(d) Boiling point/Rational control.
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A second job.
(b) A husband.
(c) A therapist.
(d) Food stamps.
4. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
(a) Pretend nothing happened.
(b) Talk to his mother.
(d) Get counseling.
5. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
(a) The friend copied his homework without his permission.
(b) They were arguing over radio stations.
(c) The friend made fun of his clothes.
(d) The friend insulted his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
2. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
3. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
4. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
5. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)