|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method in "Two Positives" does the author say his family used to protect each other?
2. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(b) To enroll her sons in private school.
(c) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(d) To go to night school.
3. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
4. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A mill.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) Paradise Theater.
(d) A Cadillac plant.
5. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
3. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
4. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
5. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)