|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) Home alone.
(b) With their father.
(c) With neighbors.
(d) With relatives.
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Skin cells.
(b) Blades of grass.
(d) Protozoa from water samples.
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(d) College prep.
4. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(c) Pastor Ford.
(d) Mrs. Williamson.
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
2. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
3. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)