|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(b) Their mother made them quit the team.
(c) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(d) They decided to join the math team instead.
2. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(a) Missionary doctors.
(c) Bad parents.
3. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Punching a pillow.
(b) Playing clarinet.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Working out.
4. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(b) The judgment from his mother.
(c) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(d) The teacher who belittled him.
5. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Restaurant work.
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Domestic work.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
3. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
4. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
5. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)