|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) A mill.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) A Cadillac plant.
(d) Paradise Theater.
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Skip class.
(d) Get a bad grade.
3. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Pastor Ford.
(d) Mrs. Williamson.
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A therapist.
(b) A second job.
(c) Food stamps.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
2. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
4. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
5. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)