|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(d) Stand outside in the cold.
2. What does the author say in "Two Positives" was the worst part of school?
(a) Book reports.
(c) Weekly spelling bees.
(d) Math quizzes.
3. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
(a) The friend copied his homework without his permission.
(b) They were arguing over radio stations.
(c) The friend insulted his mother.
(d) The friend made fun of his clothes.
4. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a Baptist minister.
(b) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(c) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(d) His father was a member of the school board.
5. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Pray/Help him control his temper.
(b) Study/Help him become a doctor.
(c) Successful/Find their own success.
(d) Angry/Control him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
2. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
3. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
4. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
5. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)