|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said he thought his father would approve.
(b) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
(c) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(d) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
2. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Bobby Farmer.
(b) Mary Thomas.
(d) His father.
3. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
4. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
5. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
4. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)