|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damage did the author do with a rock in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He smashed a window of a business in town.
(b) He broke a neighborhood kid's glasses and smashed his nose.
(c) He hit his mother with it.
(d) He broke his brother's model airplane.
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) Food stamps.
(b) A therapist.
(c) A husband.
(d) A second job.
3. Where did the author's mother go when she said she was staying with relatives?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) To visit her ex-husband.
(c) To gamble.
(d) To pursue a singing career.
4. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His pencil.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His backpack.
5. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
2. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
3. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
4. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
5. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)