|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
(a) To church.
(b) To do volunteer work at a nursing home.
(c) To the library.
(d) To an afterschool program.
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
(a) Blades of grass.
(b) Skin cells.
(c) Protozoa from water samples.
3. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He put him in a head lock.
(b) He pushed him into a locker
(c) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
(d) He insulted his mother.
4. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He knew the dates of every war.
(b) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
(c) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
(d) He knew what flax was.
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A second job.
(b) Food stamps.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
2. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
3. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
4. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
5. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)