|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
(a) Secretarial work.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Restaurant work.
(d) Domestic work.
2. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Tutor his friends.
(b) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(c) Work at a gas station.
(d) Play basketball.
3. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Working out.
(b) Reading the Bible.
(c) Punching a pillow.
(d) Playing clarinet.
4. What did the author's mother buy for him that he rejected, saying they were the "wrong kind"?
(b) Art supplies.
5. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
(b) That his teacher did not like him.
(c) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(d) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
2. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
3. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
4. How did the author and his brother often travel to Wilson Junior High?
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)