|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," what does the author say had become a daily habit?
(a) Punching a pillow.
(b) Playing clarinet.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Working out.
2. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
3. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They decided to join the math team instead.
(b) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) Their mother made them quit the team.
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Skip class.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Get a bad grade.
(d) Get a girlfriend.
5. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
(a) Some friends of the family.
(b) His aunt and uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hymn does the author say dissolves his negativity?
2. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
4. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)