|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That his teacher did not like him.
(b) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
(c) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(d) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
2. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
3. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(c) Pastor Ford.
(d) Mrs. Williamson.
4. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
(a) To do volunteer work at a nursing home.
(b) To church.
(c) To an afterschool program.
(d) To the library.
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
(b) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(c) It took away from his study time.
(d) His mom never sent him with enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
4. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
5. At times, the author says, his mother's refusal to settle for less came across as _____, _____, even _____ to him.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)