|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
2. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(b) Because he did not have a father.
(c) Because his clothes were dirty.
(d) Because his house was in need of repair.
3. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
(a) A string of verses about angry people.
(b) He did not understand the Bible.
(c) A chapter about a doctor who was a great healer.
(d) The language of the Bible made him even more angry.
4. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(b) It took away from his study time.
(c) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(d) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
3. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
4. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)