|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Mary Thomas.
(c) Bobby Farmer.
(d) His father.
2. What does the author say he has in his heart, regardless of the conditions around him?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A second job.
(b) Food stamps.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A husband.
4. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(b) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
(c) He said he thought his father would approve.
(d) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
5. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He insulted his mother.
(b) He put him in a head lock.
(c) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
(d) He pushed him into a locker
Short Answer Questions
1. What group at Wilson Junior High asked the author how to solve problems?
2. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
4. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
5. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)