|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(b) Valentine's Day.
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a Baptist minister.
(b) His father was a member of the school board.
(c) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(d) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
4. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said he thought his father would approve.
(b) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(c) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(d) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
5. What did the author decide to do when he realized he could not control his temper?
(a) Get counseling.
(c) Talk to his mother.
(d) Pretend nothing happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
2. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
5. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)