|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
(c) Do math.
(d) Follow directions.
2. Where does the author describe his father working, until his retirement in the 1970s?
(a) Paradise Theater.
(b) A Cadillac plant.
(c) A mill.
(d) A funeral home.
3. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
4. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His pencil.
(c) His backpack.
(d) His shoes.
5. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because he did not have a father.
(b) Because his house was in need of repair.
(c) Because his clothes were dirty.
(d) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
2. What does the author say he examined under the magnified lenses in Mr. Jaeck's class?
3. What did the author discover when he began to read Proverbs?
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
5. How old was the author's mother when she married his father?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)