|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
(a) College prep.
2. What other role did the author's father serve in, that he recalls observing only once?
(a) His father was a Baptist minister.
(b) His father played trumpet in a jazz band.
(c) His father volunteered as a crossing guard.
(d) His father was a member of the school board.
3. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
(c) Mary Thomas.
(d) His mother.
4. How did Bobby Farmer impress the author during a history class?
(a) He had memorized all of the United States Presidents.
(b) He knew what flax was.
(c) He knew the dates of every war.
(d) He said he planned to study agriculture in college.
5. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
(a) That he was meant to be at a private school.
(b) That his teacher did not like him.
(c) That Black kids are not as smart as White kids.
(d) That the schools in Detroit were not as good as the ones in Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
2. Why did the author nearly kill his friend, Bob, with a knife?
3. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
4. Where did the mother expect her sons to go each week, instead of watching television?
5. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)