|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Terrible Temper," the author realized that if people could make him _____, they could ______.
(a) Successful/Find their own success.
(b) Angry/Control him.
(c) Study/Help him become a doctor.
(d) Pray/Help him control his temper.
2. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(b) He said he thought his father would approve.
(c) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
(d) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
3. What grade did the author receive in math that gave him hope?
4. How much education does the author say his mother had when she married?
(a) Third grade.
(c) Tenth grade.
(d) High school.
5. Where did the author and his brother stay when his mother went away in Carrying the Load?
(a) Home alone.
(b) With neighbors.
(c) With their father.
(d) With relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
2. The author's mother told him if he could _____, he could learn just about anything he wanted to know.
3. What happened halfway through the author's fifth grade year?
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)