|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Terrible Temper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(b) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(c) To go to night school.
(d) To enroll her sons in private school.
2. Why did the author and his brother give up football in "Two Positives"?
(a) They decided to join the math team instead.
(b) They were threatened by a group of men after practice.
(c) They thought the coach was too hard on them.
(d) Their mother made them quit the team.
3. How did the author hurt a classmate who made him mad in "A Terrible Temper"?
(a) He hit him in the forehead with a lock.
(b) He insulted his mother.
(c) He pushed him into a locker
(d) He put him in a head lock.
4. How does the author say Curtis' grades changed in the last year?
(a) They had been climbing.
(b) They had gone from good to great.
(c) They were mostly failing grades.
(d) They changed very little.
5. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(c) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
2. Who took the author's family in once they arrived in a new city?
3. What type of curriculum did the school counselor enroll Curtis in, in Carrying the Load?
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
5. What rule did the author's mother set for his television watching?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)