|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Three Special Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affiliation did the author and his wife have that opened doors for them in Australia?
(a) They were Yale alumni.
(b) They were Black Americans.
(c) They belonged to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
(d) They lived in Michigan.
2. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
(c) Good grades/Personality.
3. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Start a religious club on campus.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Register in a marathon.
(d) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
4. Who told the author he should "dress the way you want to be"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His teacher.
5. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did Maranda's parents receive about her diagnosis at UCLA Medical Center?
2. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
3. Where did the author's family move, after his mother decided to rent their house?
4. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
5. Who does the author credit for helping him control his temper throughout his life?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)