|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) Her mother.
2. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(b) To enroll her sons in private school.
(c) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(d) To go to night school.
3. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
(a) `Someone from the hospital visited his school.
(b) His mom suggested that he practice medicine there.
(c) That was where he got his tonsils taken out.
(d) Every television or newspaper medical story seemed to feature someone there.
4. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
(a) To visit the Detroit Institute of Arts.
(b) To study for the SAT.
(c) To watch a quiz show on television.
(d) To put in long hours at the science lab.
5. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) The room started to smell like smoke.
(b) The test was too hard.
(c) There was a fight outside.
(d) There was a war protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
2. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
3. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
4. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
5. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)