|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightened the author at the start of "Eight Years Old" that he says are bigger than cats?
2. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
(a) Camp counselor.
(b) Supervisor with a highway crew.
(c) Lab technician at Wayne State University.
(d) Volunteer at a hospital.
3. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His father's.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.'s.
(d) Dr. Long's.
4. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teacher who belittled him.
(b) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
(c) The judgment from his mother.
(d) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
5. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
(b) The year after he graduated from college.
(c) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
(d) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
3. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
4. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)