|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
(a) Every television or newspaper medical story seemed to feature someone there.
(b) That was where he got his tonsils taken out.
(c) His mom suggested that he practice medicine there.
(d) `Someone from the hospital visited his school.
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Get a bad grade.
(d) Skip class.
3. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mrs. Whittley.
(b) Mr. Sandart.
(c) Mr. Randall.
(d) Mr. Seufert.
4. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
5. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Learning about General Custer.
(d) Gym class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
2. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
3. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
4. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
5. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)