|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Skip class.
(d) Get a bad grade.
2. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(b) Sgt. Hunt.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
3. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
(a) He was given permission to leave school early.
(b) He received a certificate.
(c) He received a trophy.
(d) He was promoted to second lieutenant.
4. During the author's intense year as chief resident, he learned the special skills that transform the _____ along with his hands, eyes and intuition into _____.
(a) Surgical instruments/Healing.
(c) Patients/Empowered advocates for healthcare.
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
2. What type of work did the author's mother find in Boston?
3. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
4. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
5. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)