|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
(a) She gave him a crash course in study skills.
(b) She helped him get a job at Ford Motor Company.
(c) She gave him information about the biology program at Wayne State University.
(d) She helped him write an essay for his college application.
2. What does the author say interns called their white uniforms in "Coming Into My Own"?
(a) Monkey suits.
(b) Doctor threads.
(c) Super whites.
(d) Money gear.
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(c) Sgt. Hunt.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
5. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
2. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
4. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
5. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)