|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
(a) Missionary doctors.
(b) Bad parents.
2. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(c) Mrs. Miller.
(d) Sgt. Hunt.
3. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
(b) Stand outside in the cold.
4. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
(a) Mr. Seufert.
(b) Mr. Randall.
(c) Mr. Sandart.
(d) Mrs. Whittley.
5. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
(a) She gave him information about the biology program at Wayne State University.
(b) She helped him write an essay for his college application.
(c) She gave him a crash course in study skills.
(d) She helped him get a job at Ford Motor Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
2. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
3. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
4. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
5. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)