|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
(a) She helped him write an essay for his college application.
(b) She helped him get a job at Ford Motor Company.
(c) She gave him information about the biology program at Wayne State University.
(d) She gave him a crash course in study skills.
2. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
(b) The year after he graduated from college.
(c) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
(d) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
3. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
(a) Every Friday.
(b) Two days a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Three days a week.
4. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(b) She lectured him.
(c) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(d) She read to him from the Bible.
5. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because his house was in need of repair.
(b) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(c) Because his clothes were dirty.
(d) Because he did not have a father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
2. Who was Alma Whittley?
3. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
4. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
5. What does the author say worship services and Bible lessons frequently focused on?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)