|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
2. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Mary Thomas.
(c) Bobby Farmer.
(d) His father.
3. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
(a) His mom suggested that he practice medicine there.
(b) `Someone from the hospital visited his school.
(c) That was where he got his tonsils taken out.
(d) Every television or newspaper medical story seemed to feature someone there.
4. What did "The Top One Hundred" program help the author learn?
(a) Leadership skills.
(b) Classical music.
(d) Science facts.
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to his old house.
(b) He got expelled from his old school.
(c) He moved back to Boston.
(d) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
2. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
3. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)