|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(b) He said he thought his father would approve.
(c) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(d) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
2. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
(a) Every Friday.
(b) Two days a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Three days a week.
3. What instrument did the author play in ninth grade?
4. What type of animal did the author decide to focus his brain research on, in "Coming Into My Own"?
5. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
(a) He would disappoint his mentor.
(b) The patient would experience brain damage.
(c) He would lose his job.
(d) The patient would die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
2. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
3. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
4. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
5. During what years was the author a resident at Johns Hopkins?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)