|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(a) Choosing a career.
(d) Thinking about college.
2. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
(a) He would lose his job.
(b) The patient would experience brain damage.
(c) The patient would die.
(d) He would disappoint his mentor.
3. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(b) She read to him from the Bible.
(c) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(d) She lectured him.
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Mary Thomas.
(b) His father.
(c) Bobby Farmer.
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Play basketball.
(b) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(c) Work at a gas station.
(d) Tutor his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
2. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
3. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
4. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
5. Who was Alma Whittley?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)