|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
(d) Classical music.
2. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A trip to the White House.
(b) A scholarship to West Point.
(c) A book about Vietnam.
(d) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
3. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. During what years was the author a resident at Johns Hopkins?
5. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
(b) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(c) She read to him from the Bible.
(d) She lectured him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
2. What "wonderful summer job" did the author take after his first year at Yale?
3. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
4. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
5. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)