|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) He says they sometimes hinder and need to be broken or ignored.
(b) He says they keep things running smoothly all the time.
(c) He says that following them is the key to his success.
(d) He says he usually disagrees with them but follows them anyway.
2. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(b) Because he did not have a father.
(c) Because his house was in need of repair.
(d) Because his clothes were dirty.
3. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
(b) The year after he graduated from college.
(c) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
(d) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
4. What was the author offered, after he had dinner with Congressional Medal winners?
(a) A scholarship to West Point.
(b) A limo ride with General Westmoreland.
(c) A book about Vietnam.
(d) A trip to the White House.
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
(b) Mrs. Miller.
(d) Sgt. Hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
3. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
4. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)