|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said he thought his father would approve.
(b) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(c) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(d) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A second job.
(b) A husband.
(c) Food stamps.
(d) A therapist.
3. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
(a) He would disappoint his mentor.
(b) The patient would die.
(c) The patient would experience brain damage.
(d) He would lose his job.
4. What type of animal did the author decide to focus his brain research on, in "Coming Into My Own"?
5. What subtle way did the author's mother encourage him in "ROTC Triumph"?
(a) She lectured him.
(b) She read to him from the Bible.
(c) She left hints around the house about what college she wanted him to attend.
(d) She quoted poems and famous sayings to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "ROTC Triumph," why does the author say he looked forward to Sunday nights?
2. In what year did the author's family move back to Detroit?
3. What does the author say interns called their white uniforms in "Coming Into My Own"?
4. What did the author receive for making the fifth-hour class the best unit in the school?
5. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)