|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author believe would happen if he did not give an injured patient a lobectomy?
(a) The patient would die.
(b) He would disappoint his mentor.
(c) The patient would experience brain damage.
(d) He would lose his job.
2. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) There was a fight outside.
(b) The room started to smell like smoke.
(c) The test was too hard.
(d) There was a war protest.
3. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Become one of the guys.
(b) Get a girlfriend.
(c) Get a bad grade.
(d) Skip class.
4. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
5. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(b) Mrs. Williamson.
(d) Pastor Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the author wear an ROTC uniform at school?
2. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
4. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)