|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
(c) Valentine's Day.
2. In "Eight Years Old," what made the author feel worse than being at the bottom of his class at Higgins Elementary School?
(a) The teacher who belittled him.
(b) The principal who wrongfully accused him of cheating.
(c) The judgment from his mother.
(d) The teasing and taunting from other kids.
3. What did the author's mother consistently ask him about, no matter how tired she was?
4. How did Alma Whittley help the author?
(a) She helped him write an essay for his college application.
(b) She helped him get a job at Ford Motor Company.
(c) She gave him information about the biology program at Wayne State University.
(d) She gave him a crash course in study skills.
5. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) The room started to smell like smoke.
(b) There was a fight outside.
(c) There was a war protest.
(d) The test was too hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
2. During what years was the author a resident at Johns Hopkins?
3. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
4. During the author's intense year as chief resident, he learned the special skills that transform the _____ along with his hands, eyes and intuition into _____.
5. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)