|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
(a) A ten-dollar bill.
(b) Extra credit.
(c) A certificate.
(d) A subscription to Psychology Today.
2. What was the author's mother determined to accomplish in Detroit?
(a) To reclaim the house the family once lived in.
(b) To go to night school.
(c) To get back together with her ex-husband.
(d) To enroll her sons in private school.
3. Why did students walk out on the psychology test in "Changing the Rules"?
(a) The room started to smell like smoke.
(b) There was a fight outside.
(c) The test was too hard.
(d) There was a war protest.
4. When does the author say he worked at Wayne State University in one of the biology laboratories?
(a) The summer after his freshman year at Yale.
(b) The year after he graduated from college.
(c) The summer between his junior and senior year of high school.
(d) During spring break of his sophomore year at Yale.
5. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
(b) Classical music.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Changing the Rules," the author says that _____ could get him in the door but _____ and quality of work were the real tests.
2. What was the reason the author and his classmates were given for having to retake a test for the psychology class, Perceptions 101?
3. What influential adult in "ROTC Triumph" told the author to "always put first things first"?
4. What holiday does the author recall made being 8-years-old the best year of his childhood?
5. Who did the author initially turn to for work, when he could not find a job in the summer of 1971?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)