|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
(a) Every television or newspaper medical story seemed to feature someone there.
(b) His mom suggested that he practice medicine there.
(c) That was where he got his tonsils taken out.
(d) `Someone from the hospital visited his school.
2. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because he did not have a father.
(b) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(c) Because his house was in need of repair.
(d) Because his clothes were dirty.
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(a) Learning about General Custer.
(b) Gym class.
(c) Eating lunch.
4. What did the psychology professor give the author for being the most honest student in the class?
(a) A certificate.
(b) A ten-dollar bill.
(c) A subscription to Psychology Today.
(d) Extra credit.
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(c) Choosing a career.
(d) Thinking about college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
2. What does the author say about regulations in "Changing the Rules"?
3. Why did the author quit his job at Young and Rubicum Advertising?
4. Who introduced the author to Schubert's Eighth Symphony (Unfinished)?
5. What impression did the author have that his grades reinforced?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)