|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming Into My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells a story in "Eight Years Old" that led the author to his first religious experience?
(a) Mrs. Williamson.
(d) Pastor Ford.
2. In "Coming Into My Own," whose voice did the author hear when he encountered prejudice?
(a) His father's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.'s.
(d) Dr. Long's.
3. At 13, the author changed his goal of becoming a general practitioner to a what?
4. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to Boston.
(b) He moved back to his old house.
(c) He got expelled from his old school.
(d) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A second job.
(b) A husband.
(c) Food stamps.
(d) A therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Changing the Rules," what common interest did the author share with attorney Ward Randall, Jr.?
2. Who, in "ROTC Triumph," influenced the author to join ROTC?
3. Why did the author become interested in Johns Hopkins University Hospital at the age of 10?
4. What does the author say he would do before he let his classmates know they hurt him?
5. What score did the author receive on a math quiz that humiliated him?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)