|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(b) It took away from his study time.
(c) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(d) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
3. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because he did not have a father.
(b) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(c) Because his clothes were dirty.
(d) Because his house was in need of repair.
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Get a girlfriend.
(b) Get a bad grade.
(c) Become one of the guys.
(d) Skip class.
5. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) Her fingers moved.
(b) Her blood pressure dropped.
(c) She started to bleed.
(d) Her toes moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
3. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
4. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
5. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)