|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) It took away from his study time.
(b) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(c) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(d) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to Boston.
(b) He moved back to his old house.
(c) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(d) He got expelled from his old school.
4. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
5. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(b) He said he thought his father would approve.
(c) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(d) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
2. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
3. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
4. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
5. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)