|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A classmate
(d) His mother.
2. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) Her fingers moved.
(b) Her toes moved.
(c) Her blood pressure dropped.
(d) She started to bleed.
3. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
4. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
5. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Bobby Farmer.
(b) His father.
(c) Mary Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
2. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
3. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
5. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)