|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He swerved to avoid an eighteen wheeler.
(c) A large rock crashed onto the windshield.
(d) He ran out of gas.
2. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) Her blood pressure dropped.
(b) Her toes moved.
(c) Her fingers moved.
(d) She started to bleed.
3. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
(a) That she try harder next time.
(b) That she keep practicing.
(c) That she sing in the choir.
(d) That she go home.
4. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
(a) He decided to take a year off to get married.
(b) He received a fellowship to study abroad.
(c) He was accepted to the University of Michigan.
(d) He realized he applied to too many programs.
5. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
(a) Twelve ounces.
(b) Nine pints.
(d) Two pints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
2. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
3. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
5. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)