|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
(a) She had little swelling.
(b) She talked.
(c) She sat up on the gurney.
(d) She slept.
2. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
(a) Two pints.
(b) Twelve ounces.
(c) Nine pints.
3. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) He swerved to avoid an eighteen wheeler.
(c) A large rock crashed onto the windshield.
(d) He fell asleep.
4. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It embraced classical music.
(b) It met on Saturday.
(c) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(d) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Work at a gas station.
(b) Tutor his friends.
(c) Play basketball.
(d) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
2. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
3. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
4. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)