|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Start a religious club on campus.
(c) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
(d) Register in a marathon.
2. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
3. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
(a) His ability to see in three dimensions.
(b) His physical coordination.
(c) His ability to attract friends.
(d) His aptitude for math.
4. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
(a) He believes he will cry whenever he loses a patient.
(b) He feels he is a father figure to his patients.
(c) He thinks it is fine to be emotionally attached.
(d) He believes nurses should break bad news to parents for him.
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Work at a gas station.
(b) Tutor his friends.
(c) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
(d) Play basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
3. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
4. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
5. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)