|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Honor Society.
(b) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(c) An underground newspaper.
(d) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
2. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It embraced classical music.
(d) It met on Saturday.
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(b) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(c) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
(d) It took away from his study time.
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A second job.
(b) Food stamps.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A husband.
5. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
(a) That she try harder next time.
(b) That she go home.
(c) That she sing in the choir.
(d) That she keep practicing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
2. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
3. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
4. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
5. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)