|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(a) Choosing a career.
(c) Thinking about college.
3. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(b) An underground newspaper.
(c) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
(d) Honor Society.
4. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
(b) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
(c) He said he thought his father would approve.
(d) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
5. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
(a) Because his house was in need of repair.
(b) Because his clothes were dirty.
(c) Because most of the kids at school were rich.
(d) Because he did not have a father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
2. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
3. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
4. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
5. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)