|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Start a religious club on campus.
(b) Register in a marathon.
(c) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
(d) Buy a house.
2. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(b) An underground newspaper.
(c) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
(d) Honor Society.
3. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A classmate
(d) His mother.
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Skip class.
(b) Get a girlfriend.
(c) Become one of the guys.
(d) Get a bad grade.
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(b) He got expelled from his old school.
(c) He moved back to his old house.
(d) He moved back to Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
2. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
3. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
4. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)