|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Mary Thomas.
(c) Bobby Farmer.
(d) His father.
2. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
(a) She sat up on the gurney.
(b) She slept.
(c) She had little swelling.
(d) She talked.
3. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Skip class.
(b) Become one of the guys.
(c) Get a bad grade.
(d) Get a girlfriend.
4. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to his old house.
(b) He moved back to Boston.
(c) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(d) He got expelled from his old school.
5. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Register in a marathon.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Start a religious club on campus.
(d) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
2. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
3. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
4. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
5. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)