|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
2. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
(a) His physical coordination.
(b) His ability to attract friends.
(c) His aptitude for math.
(d) His ability to see in three dimensions.
3. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He moved back to Boston.
(b) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(c) He moved back to his old house.
(d) He got expelled from his old school.
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(b) Thinking about college.
(c) Choosing a career.
5. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
2. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
3. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
4. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
5. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)