|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
(a) He swerved to avoid an eighteen wheeler.
(b) He fell asleep.
(c) A large rock crashed onto the windshield.
(d) He ran out of gas.
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(b) Thinking about college.
(c) Choosing a career.
3. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
(a) Tutor his friends.
(b) Play basketball.
(c) Work at a gas station.
(d) Shoplift clothes at the local department store.
4. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
(a) He thinks it is fine to be emotionally attached.
(b) He feels he is a father figure to his patients.
(c) He believes nurses should break bad news to parents for him.
(d) He believes he will cry whenever he loses a patient.
5. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) Her toes moved.
(b) Her blood pressure dropped.
(c) Her fingers moved.
(d) She started to bleed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
2. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
3. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
4. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
5. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)