|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A classmate
2. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
(a) His physical coordination.
(b) His ability to attract friends.
(c) His aptitude for math.
(d) His ability to see in three dimensions.
3. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
(a) He feels he is a father figure to his patients.
(b) He thinks it is fine to be emotionally attached.
(c) He believes nurses should break bad news to parents for him.
(d) He believes he will cry whenever he loses a patient.
4. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
5. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
2. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
3. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
4. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
5. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)