|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(b) He moved back to Boston.
(c) He got expelled from his old school.
(d) He moved back to his old house.
2. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(a) Choosing a career.
(c) Thinking about college.
3. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
(a) He swerved to avoid an eighteen wheeler.
(b) A large rock crashed onto the windshield.
(c) He ran out of gas.
(d) He fell asleep.
4. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
5. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) Sabbath School teacher.
(c) Choir director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
2. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
3. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
5. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)