|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(b) Thinking about college.
(c) Choosing a career.
2. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
3. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It met on Saturday.
(d) It embraced classical music.
4. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(b) A classmate
(c) A stranger.
5. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
2. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
5. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)