|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
(a) His ability to attract friends.
(b) His physical coordination.
(c) His aptitude for math.
(d) His ability to see in three dimensions.
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
(a) A therapist.
(b) A husband.
(c) Food stamps.
(d) A second job.
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(b) Thinking about college.
(c) Choosing a career.
5. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
(a) He was accepted to the University of Michigan.
(b) He decided to take a year off to get married.
(c) He realized he applied to too many programs.
(d) He received a fellowship to study abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
2. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
3. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
4. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
5. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)