|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Honor Society.
(b) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(c) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
(d) An underground newspaper.
2. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Twenty hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Ten hours.
3. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
(a) She sat up on the gurney.
(b) She had little swelling.
(c) She slept.
(d) She talked.
4. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(c) Thinking about college.
(d) Choosing a career.
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He got expelled from his old school.
(b) He moved back to his old house.
(c) He moved back to Boston.
(d) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
2. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
3. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
4. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
5. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)