|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His pencil.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His shoes.
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
(b) Sabbath School teacher.
(d) Choir director.
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Bobby Farmer.
(b) Mary Thomas.
(d) His father.
5. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(b) It met on Saturday.
(c) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(d) It embraced classical music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
3. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
4. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
5. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)