|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) A classmate
(c) His mother.
(d) A stranger.
2. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) Her fingers moved.
(b) Her blood pressure dropped.
(c) She started to bleed.
(d) Her toes moved.
3. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
4. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(b) It met on Saturday.
(c) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(d) It embraced classical music.
5. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) Choir director.
(d) Sabbath School teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
2. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
4. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
5. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)