|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It met on Saturday.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(d) It embraced classical music.
2. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He got expelled from his old school.
(b) He moved back to his old house.
(c) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(d) He moved back to Boston.
3. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
(b) Twelve ounces.
(c) Two pints.
(d) Nine pints.
4. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
5. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
2. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
3. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
4. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
5. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)