|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A classmate
2. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
3. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
(a) He feels he is a father figure to his patients.
(b) He thinks it is fine to be emotionally attached.
(c) He believes nurses should break bad news to parents for him.
(d) He believes he will cry whenever he loses a patient.
4. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It met on Saturday.
(b) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(c) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(d) It embraced classical music.
5. How did the author comfort himself about his capping on other students?
(a) He said he would only do it until he got some better clothes.
(b) He said it was not his fault there were ugly people at school.
(c) He said he thought his father would approve.
(d) He said that everyone did it, and it was the only way to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
3. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
4. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
5. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)