|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
2. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Bobby Farmer.
(b) His father.
(d) Mary Thomas.
3. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) His mom never sent him with enough money.
(b) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(c) It took away from his study time.
(d) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
4. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) It embraced classical music.
(b) It offered weekly Bible classes.
(c) It forbade the drinking of alcohol.
(d) It met on Saturday.
5. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
(a) He got expelled from his old school.
(b) He transferred to a school for gifted children.
(c) He moved back to his old house.
(d) He moved back to Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
2. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. What does the author believe, even after losing Jennifer, about his relationship to patients?
5. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)