|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant sign of recovery did Maranda show after her hemispherectomy?
(a) She had little swelling.
(b) She sat up on the gurney.
(c) She slept.
(d) She talked.
2. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Learning about General Custer.
(d) Gym class.
3. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
(a) That she sing in the choir.
(b) That she go home.
(c) That she keep practicing.
(d) That she try harder next time.
4. In "A Serious Step," what happened to cause the author's car to spin out of control near Youngstown, Ohio?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) He swerved to avoid an eighteen wheeler.
(c) A large rock crashed onto the windshield.
(d) He fell asleep.
5. What was Candy Rustin's real name in "A Serious Step"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
2. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
3. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
4. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
5. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)