|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
(b) Twelve ounces.
(c) Two pints.
(d) Nine pints.
2. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
(b) Honor Society.
(c) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(d) An underground newspaper.
3. What did the author consider his biggest problem in tenth grade?
(b) Thinking about college.
(c) Choosing a career.
4. In "A Boy's Big Problem," why does the author say he hated to buy bread or milk at the store?
(a) He says the people at the store treated him rudely.
(b) It took away from his study time.
(c) He had to use food stamps and feared a friend might see him.
(d) His mom never sent him with enough money.
5. How long did Maranda's hemispherectomy take in "Heartbreak"?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Twenty hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object of the author's did a ninth grader in "A Boy's Big Problem" say had been through four world wars?
2. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
3. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
5. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)