|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
(a) Her toes moved.
(b) Her blood pressure dropped.
(c) Her fingers moved.
(d) She started to bleed.
2. What does the author say he felt "constant temptation" to do at his new school?
(a) Become one of the guys.
(b) Get a bad grade.
(c) Get a girlfriend.
(d) Skip class.
3. Which of Candy's three college majors does the author say she eventually dropped?
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Gym class.
(d) Learning about General Custer.
5. In "A Serious Step," who helped the author get a summer job at Sennet Steel?
(a) His mother.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A classmate
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
2. In "A Boy's Big Problem," what does the author say his mother needed in order to provide for the family and keep up the house?
3. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
4. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
5. What concept allowed Maranda to manage well without the left half of her brain?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)