|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
(b) Start a religious club on campus.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Register in a marathon.
2. What job did the author recommend Candy try out for at his church in "A Serious Step"?
(a) Sabbath School teacher.
(d) Choir director.
3. What college group was Candy involved in that amazed the author?
(a) Honor Society.
(b) Yale Repertory Theatre.
(c) An underground newspaper.
(d) Yale Symphony and Bach Society.
4. Why did the author withdraw his applications to medical school programs at Johns Hopkins, Yale, Michigan State, and Wayne State?
(a) He decided to take a year off to get married.
(b) He realized he applied to too many programs.
(c) He received a fellowship to study abroad.
(d) He was accepted to the University of Michigan.
5. How old was the author when he was baptized for the second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
2. Why does the author say he felt the stigma of being poor more acutely?
3. How much blood did Maranda lose during the hemispherectomy?
4. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
5. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)