|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Heartbreak.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the author say has been an invaluable asset as a surgeon?
(a) His physical coordination.
(b) His aptitude for math.
(c) His ability to attract friends.
(d) His ability to see in three dimensions.
2. What did Aubrey Tompkins suggest when Candy's audition at the church did not work out?
(a) That she go home.
(b) That she sing in the choir.
(c) That she try harder next time.
(d) That she keep practicing.
3. What did the Yale admissions office pay for the author and Candy to do before Thanksgiving 1972?
(a) Recruit in Detroit area high schools.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Start a religious club on campus.
(d) Register in a marathon.
4. What does the author say was an embarrassing and painful experience at Hunter Junior High?
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Gym class.
(d) Learning about General Custer.
5. What person does the author say came, when his mother "needed someone to care"?
(a) Bobby Farmer.
(b) His father.
(c) Mary Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say happened every time an instrument touched Maranda during her surgery?
2. What year of college was the author in when he met Candy?
3. Why did the author change schools in the middle of eighth grade?
4. What did Candy's family think was strange about her new church in "A Serious Step"?
5. What did the author begin to do, in tenth grade, instead of coming home after school?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)