Chapter 1: Goodbye, Daddy
1. At the start of "Goodbye, Daddy," who told the author that his father was moving out of the family home?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His dad.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mom.
2. How old was the author when he learned that his father was leaving?
3. What does the author say he liked to do with his father's hands?
(a) Read his palm.
(b) Play with the veins.
(c) Smack them.
(d) Draw pictures on them.
4. Who is Curtis?
(a) The author's cousin.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author's grandfather.
5. What does Mother tell the author his father had done?
(a) Bad things.
(b) Gotten a new job.
(c) Gotten in a fight.
(d) Lost a bet.
6. What year does the author say he no longer waited for his father to come home from work?
7. The author told his mother that _____ are supposed to _____.
(b) Mothers and fathers/Stay together.
(c) Fathers/Do as they please.
(d) Mothers/Obey their husbands.
This section contains 5,499 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)