Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes people seem different on the island from people in the city?
2. Anne says that only by learning the truth and beauty in the individual we can do what?
3. What do most friends in the city do that precludes the answer to question #153?
4. How does Anne feel as she leaves the sea?
5. As far as relationships go, what does the author say is generally not an option?
Essay Topic 1
The author writes that clearing her mind and experiencing the sea without other thoughts pressing in is very difficult to do. Why do you think people have a hard time quieting their minds? Do you ever sit down and try to think of nothing? If you have, did you find it hard and why? If not, what do you think you might get out of trying?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the author has a difficult time sticking to her intentions of what she plans to do at the beach? Use illustrations from the book and your life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Anne talks extensively about simplicity in life. What does simplicity mean to you? Do you see any way in which your life would be easier if it was more simple? How?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)