Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes people seem different on the island from people in the city?
2. Anne says that only by learning the truth and beauty in the individual we can do what?
3. What do most friends in the city do that precludes the answer to question #153?
4. How does Anne feel as she leaves the sea?
5. As far as relationships go, what does the author say is generally not an option?
Essay Topic 1
The author has decided that the only way to deal with the whole is to deal with the individual. What does she mean by this? Can you think of an example in your life that demonstrates this idea?
Essay Topic 2
During a description of a "dance" the author wrote about her sister's visit she suggests living in the present is best. What does she mean by living in the present? How difficult it is for you to live in the present? Use an example from your life to illustrate living in the present.
Essay Topic 3
The author explores many metaphors centering on the beach, the sea and the "gifts" from the sea. Write about two of these metaphors and your understanding of what she is saying.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)