|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed in the modern life as far as community goes?
2. What does the author plan to do about her life upon returning home?
3. How do sailors consider the Argonauta shell?
4. How does the structure of the oyster shell appear?
5. How much does Anne believe her thoughts at the beach will change her life at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author writes that clearing her mind and experiencing the sea without other thoughts pressing in is very difficult to do. Why do you think people have a hard time quieting their minds? Do you ever sit down and try to think of nothing? If you have, did you find it hard and why? If not, what do you think you might get out of trying?
Essay Topic 2
The author says her main goal at the sea is to obtain peace. What would be your goal if you took a similar vacation? How would you obtain that goal? Is there some place you would choose besides the sea to find peace? Where? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the author has a difficult time sticking to her intentions of what she plans to do at the beach? Use illustrations from the book and your life to support your answer.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)