|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the author compare the oyster shell for comfort?
2. As far as relationships go, what does the author say is generally not an option?
3. What does the author say the perfect day with her visitor represents?
4. What does romantic love turn to, according to the author?
5. How do sailors consider the Argonauta shell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne see the oyster shell in relationship to marriage?
2. What questions about her life and conclusions does Anne have as she thinks about the Argonauta ?
3. What does Anne say women must discover for themselves and how?
4. How does Anne see the benefit of meeting people on an island as opposed to in a city?
5. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
6. How does Anne see the difference between everyday task at home and on the island?
7. How does Anne feel as she leaves the island and what does she think about her time?
8. Describe a day at the beach with Anne after her sister arrives.
9. What does Anne say about returning to the beginnings of a relationship?
10. What does Anne see as the difference in caring between the modern world and when life was less technical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Solitude is another topic the author explores. Do you have solitude in your life? When? Where? What do you do with the solitude? Do you actively seek solitude? If so, why? If not, why?
Essay Topic 2
Anne says a woman must find her own identity. What do you think she means? Do you think this could apply to a man also? Why or why not? How do you explore your identity?
Essay Topic 3
What does the author mean by a "one-and-only" moment? What was a moment like that which you have experienced in your life?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)