|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author believe it will be difficult to remember her thoughts from the beach?
2. What do Anne and her visitor do in the morning?
3. What does the author say a woman is full of?
4. What does the author say the perfect day with her visitor represents?
5. How does Anne feel as she leaves the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does being at home change the author's interaction with people?
2. How does the author see the beginning of a marriage for most people?
3. What does Anne say women must discover for themselves and how?
4. Does the author believe she will be able to practice at home what she learned on the island? Why or why not?
5. What questions about her life and conclusions does Anne have as she thinks about the Argonauta ?
6. What does Anne say is the key to dealing with the whole and moving forward?
7. What are some of the ideas the author expresses about the kinds of love and bonds formed in marriage?
8. How does Anne see the oyster shell in relationship to marriage?
9. How has the world changed since modern communication?
10. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the author mean by a "one-and-only" moment? What was a moment like that which you have experienced in your life?
Essay Topic 2
The author says her main goal at the sea is to obtain peace. What would be your goal if you took a similar vacation? How would you obtain that goal? Is there some place you would choose besides the sea to find peace? Where? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The author has decided that the only way to deal with the whole is to deal with the individual. What does she mean by this? Can you think of an example in your life that demonstrates this idea?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)