|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Anne and her visitor do in the evening?
2. When one lets go of the past one does one get?
3. Why does Anne take only a few shells home with her?
4. How does the author use shells in relation to life?
5. What does the author say the perfect day with her visitor represents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say is the key to dealing with the whole and moving forward?
2. What does Anne think about objects being crowded?
3. Anne talks about the different needs for aging adults. What are some of the ideas she expresses?
4. What does Anne say women must discover for themselves and how?
5. What questions about her life and conclusions does Anne have as she thinks about the Argonauta ?
6. How does Anne see the oyster shell in relationship to marriage?
7. Describe some of the information the author gives about the oyster shell.
8. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
9. How does the author see the beginning of a marriage for most people?
10. Describe a day at the beach with Anne after her sister arrives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author writes that clearing her mind and experiencing the sea without other thoughts pressing in is very difficult to do. Why do you think people have a hard time quieting their minds? Do you ever sit down and try to think of nothing? If you have, did you find it hard and why? If not, what do you think you might get out of trying?
Essay Topic 2
The author writes that it is much more difficult to stand out in a city than on the beach. Do you think it would be easier to go to school in a small school or a large one? Describe what you see as the opportunities and difficulties in both types of schools.
Essay Topic 3
The author suggests one cannot find love in someone else without first finding it for oneself. What does she mean? How would this apply to your life?
This section contains 1,344 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)