|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say a woman is full of?
2. What does the mother Argonauta do with her shell after the babies hatch?
3. What does age bring with it, according to the author?
4. Why must a new community be created in a middle aged relationship?
5. What does the author say a woman must discover for herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
2. Describe some of the information the author gives about the oyster shell.
3. How does Anne relate the Argonauta shell to her life?
4. How does Anne see the difference between everyday task at home and on the island?
5. What does Anne suggest each person must do as far as themselves is concerned and what effect would that have on a person's life?
6. How does the author use the metaphor of dance in writing about her sister's visit?
7. What does Anne say women must discover for themselves and how?
8. How does Anne feel as she leaves the island and what does she think about her time?
9. What questions about her life and conclusions does Anne have as she thinks about the Argonauta ?
10. How does the author see the beginning of a marriage for most people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Solitude is another topic the author explores. Do you have solitude in your life? When? Where? What do you do with the solitude? Do you actively seek solitude? If so, why? If not, why?
Essay Topic 2
The author suggests one cannot find love in someone else without first finding it for oneself. What does she mean? How would this apply to your life?
Essay Topic 3
The author writes that it is much more difficult to stand out in a city than on the beach. Do you think it would be easier to go to school in a small school or a large one? Describe what you see as the opportunities and difficulties in both types of schools.
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)