|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between daily living tasks on the island and at home?
2. What does Anne say people must do as far as time goes?
3. To what does the author compare the oyster shell for comfort?
4. By middle age, what does Anne assert most couples are doing?
5. How is the shell of the Argonauta used by them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During a description of a "dance" the author wrote about her sister's visit she suggests living in the present is best. What does she mean by living in the present? How difficult it is for you to live in the present? Use an example from your life to illustrate living in the present.
Essay Topic 2
The author suggests one cannot find love in someone else without first finding it for oneself. What does she mean? How would this apply to your life?
Essay Topic 3
Solitude is another topic the author explores. Do you have solitude in your life? When? Where? What do you do with the solitude? Do you actively seek solitude? If so, why? If not, why?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)