|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the author amused by the oyster shell?
2. How do the two function in the small cottage?
3. What is the difference between daily living tasks on the island and at home?
4. What does the author say might sacrifice the present in honor of the future?
5. What does the realization of self encourage?
Essay Topic 1
The author writes that it is much more difficult to stand out in a city than on the beach. Do you think it would be easier to go to school in a small school or a large one? Describe what you see as the opportunities and difficulties in both types of schools.
Essay Topic 2
The author writes that clearing her mind and experiencing the sea without other thoughts pressing in is very difficult to do. Why do you think people have a hard time quieting their minds? Do you ever sit down and try to think of nothing? If you have, did you find it hard and why? If not, what do you think you might get out of trying?
Essay Topic 3
Some people cover up their own problems by worrying about the whole world. What does this statement mean? Do you know someone who does this or do you do it? Why do you think it would be easier to worry about the world than what's happening in your own life?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)