|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does the author believe one would be unlikely to be friends with in a city?
2. How does she relate time to the dance?
3. What will she use to remind her of the island at home?
4. Who comes to visit Anne at the cottage?
5. What does the author plan to do about her life upon returning home?
Essay Topic 1
The author suggests one cannot find love in someone else without first finding it for oneself. What does she mean? How would this apply to your life?
Essay Topic 2
The author deeply desires to maintain her role as wife, mother, artist and public figure, such a lifestyle begins to become all pervasive and takes a toll on the author's spirit. What do you think is meant by this statement. Use text from the book and ideas from your own life to illustrate your points.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think are the differences in the way people interact socially with each other between a rural setting and an urban setting? Which would you prefer? Why?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)