|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
2. What is a double-sunrise shell?
3. What does the author say the inner point of a moon shell does?
4. How does Anne feel about her roles in life?
5. What does the author stress about day to day living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Anne want to be alone at the beach?
2. What does the author say the beach does for relationships among people?
3. How does the author feel about the ocean and what happens to her when near it?
4. What does Anne find on one of her first walks on the beach and what does she wonder about it?
5. What are the author's intentions for her time at the beach and is she successful?
6. How does the author find life at the ocean?
7. What does the author believe people are designed to seek? How do people avoid loneliness?
8. The author suggests that women are designed to be giving. How does she tie in giving with solitude?
9. How does the author see people, since being at the beach?
10. How does the author believe her life has been shaped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne talks extensively about simplicity in life. What does simplicity mean to you? Do you see any way in which your life would be easier if it was more simple? How?
Essay Topic 2
Anne Lindbergh wishes to be alone at the beach. She offers many reasons for this desire. What are her reasons and do you agree with them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author says her main goal at the sea is to obtain peace. What would be your goal if you took a similar vacation? How would you obtain that goal? Is there some place you would choose besides the sea to find peace? Where? Why?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)