Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could happen without inner strength and spiritual solidity?
2. What does Anne say is valid as far as one-and-only moments?
3. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
4. What kind of experience does the author say being alone was for her?
5. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author feel about the concept of being the "one and only" in a person's life?
2. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
3. What does the author say about most people wanting duration in life and marriage?
4. The author suggests that women are designed to be giving. How does she tie in giving with solitude?
5. Why would a person avoid being alone?
6. How does the author suggest women should obtain solitude?
7. What does Anne suggest each person must do as far as themselves is concerned and what effect would that have on a person's life?
8. What is the solution to problems in a relationship that the author says many people try? How effective is that solution?
9. What has the beach taught the author?
10. What does the author say the beach does for relationships among people?
Essay Topic 1
Anne Lindbergh wishes to be alone at the beach. She offers many reasons for this desire. What are her reasons and do you agree with them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the author has a difficult time sticking to her intentions of what she plans to do at the beach? Use illustrations from the book and your life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Solitude is another topic the author explores. Do you have solitude in your life? When? Where? What do you do with the solitude? Do you actively seek solitude? If so, why? If not, why?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)