|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long will the author be doing the answer in question #1?
2. What does the author suggest for good parenting?
3. What removes the desire to think or read within Anne?
4. Anne says every relationship seems how, at the beginning?
5. Who preached against the dangers of multiplicity in the third century?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a double-sunrise shell?
2. What are obstacles to simplicity in Anne's life?
3. What does the author believe people are designed to seek? How do people avoid loneliness?
4. How does the author see the difference between a man and a woman in marriage?
5. How does the author feel about the concept of being the "one and only" in a person's life?
6. What happens to Anne's mind the second week at the beach?
7. How does the author see people, since being at the beach?
8. How is the mindset of the second week similar or different from her mindset in the city?
9. Why would a person avoid being alone?
10. What does the author say the beach does for relationships among people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author has a difficult time sticking to her intentions of what she plans to do at the beach? Use illustrations from the book and your life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Anne talks about the various stages she sees in marriage. What are these stages and is it possible they apply to any relationship? Why are why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author states that her life has been shaped by the people who have been in it. What does she mean by this statement? Do you think she is right? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)