Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could happen without inner strength and spiritual solidity?
2. What does Anne say is valid as far as one-and-only moments?
3. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
4. What kind of experience does the author say being alone was for her?
5. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author feel about the concept of being the "one and only" in a person's life?
2. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
3. What does the author say about most people wanting duration in life and marriage?
4. The author suggests that women are designed to be giving. How does she tie in giving with solitude?
5. Why would a person avoid being alone?
6. How does the author suggest women should obtain solitude?
7. What does Anne suggest each person must do as far as themselves is concerned and what effect would that have on a person's life?
8. What is the solution to problems in a relationship that the author says many people try? How effective is that solution?
9. What has the beach taught the author?
10. What does the author say the beach does for relationships among people?
Essay Topic 1
The author says her main goal at the sea is to obtain peace. What would be your goal if you took a similar vacation? How would you obtain that goal? Is there some place you would choose besides the sea to find peace? Where? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Anne talks extensively about simplicity in life. What does simplicity mean to you? Do you see any way in which your life would be easier if it was more simple? How?
Essay Topic 3
Anne talks about the various stages she sees in marriage. What are these stages and is it possible they apply to any relationship? Why are why not?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)