|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe people are designed to do?
2. What does the author say is required of an artist?
3. What did Anne experience after the good-bye?
4. What is a moon shell?
5. What does the state of ease allow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say women must discover for themselves and how?
2. How does Anne feel as she leaves the island and what does she think about her time?
3. What does Anne see as the difference in caring between the modern world and when life was less technical?
4. How does the author relate decorating with a few objects to people in crowds?
5. What are the author's intentions for her time at the beach and is she successful?
6. What questions about her life and conclusions does Anne have as she thinks about the Argonauta ?
7. How does the author see the difference between a man and a woman in marriage?
8. How does being at home change the author's interaction with people?
9. How does Anne relate the Argonauta shell to her life?
10. How does Anne see the oyster shell in relationship to marriage?
Essay Topic 1
What does the author mean by a "one-and-only" moment? What was a moment like that which you have experienced in your life?
Essay Topic 2
Anne talks about the various stages she sees in marriage. What are these stages and is it possible they apply to any relationship? Why are why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think are the differences in the way people interact socially with each other between a rural setting and an urban setting? Which would you prefer? Why?
This section contains 1,788 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)