|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does romantic love turn to, according to the author?
(a) Devotion and companionship
(d) Familial love
2. What does the author say acceptance of pain as growth potential do?
(a) Will enable growth faster
(b) Will give happiness
(c) Will make the clock less significant
(d) Will grant peace
3. How are most actions taken for helping people in modern life?
(a) On a case by case basis
(b) Without thought of the repercussions
(c) To benefit self rather than others
(d) On behalf of the whole
4. What type of people does the author believe one would be unlikely to be friends with in a city?
(a) An eclectic group
(b) An old hippie
(c) A surf bum
(d) A beatnik
5. What does Anne believe concentrating on the world's problems might do to someone?
(a) Keep them from helping individuals
(b) Keep them from having children
(c) Keep their lives in chaos
(d) Keep them from solving their own problems
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne believe is not her responsibility to do?
2. What does Anne say about a perfect day?
3. Why does Anne say about the tasks at home and time?
4. Why must a new community be created in a middle aged relationship?
5. How does the author see the oyster shell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne see as the difference in caring between the modern world and when life was less technical?
2. How does Anne relate the Argonauta shell to her life?
3. What does the author say about most people wanting duration in life and marriage?
4. What is the Argonauta and how does it use its shell?
5. Describe some of the information the author gives about the oyster shell.
6. How does Anne feel about people who are solely concerned about the problems of the whole?
7. Describe a day at the beach with Anne after her sister arrives.
8. What does Anne say women must discover for themselves and how?
9. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
10. How does Anne see the difference between everyday task at home and on the island?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)