|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of habits does the daily life of marriage have?
(a) Strong and weak
(b) Good and bad
(c) Work and play
(d) Feminine and masculine
2. How are most actions taken for helping people in modern life?
(a) To benefit self rather than others
(b) On a case by case basis
(c) Without thought of the repercussions
(d) On behalf of the whole
3. How are some of the ways couples forge ahead in the world, according to the author?
(a) Attaining an education and acquiring knowledge
(b) Attaining a home, career, children
(c) Getting rich, becoming famous
(d) Enjoying life and having a great romance
4. What do most friends in the city do that precludes the answer to question #153?
(a) Work two jobs
(b) Isolate themselves
(c) Go to school long hours
(d) Activities and conversation
5. What is there little time at home to do, according to the author?
(a) Eat a leisurely meal
(b) Walk the dog in the park
(c) Conscious reflection with or without people
(d) Play golf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author intend to do about the societal implications of age?
2. What does Anne believe space around an object can do?
3. What does Anne say people must do as far as time goes?
4. Between what two poles have women swung, in the past?
5. What does she want to relate to her city life from the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the information the author gives about the oyster shell.
2. What does Anne see as the difference in caring between the modern world and when life was less technical?
3. How does Anne see the difference between everyday task at home and on the island?
4. What are some of the ideas the author expresses about the kinds of love and bonds formed in marriage?
5. How does Anne feel about people who are solely concerned about the problems of the whole?
6. What has the beach taught the author?
7. What does Anne say women must discover for themselves and how?
8. How does Anne feel as she leaves the island and what does she think about her time?
9. Does the author believe she will be able to practice at home what she learned on the island? Why or why not?
10. What does Anne say about returning to the beginnings of a relationship?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)