|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it acceptable for people to do together on the island?
(a) To give each other desserts
(b) To play volleyball together
(c) To lie about who they are
(d) To be silent in the presence of another
2. How does Anne see what she's learned the past two weeks?
(a) She sees each day individually
(b) She sees each problem separately
(c) She sees nothing useful for the city
(d) She sees the whole picture
3. How are the bonds of marriage formed?
(a) Having a great love life
(b) Working to achieve their united goals
(c) Having children
(d) Watching television together
4. How does society deal with middle/late age?
(a) Makes fun of it
(b) Fears it
(c) Condemns it
(d) Ignores it
5. Between what two poles have women swung, in the past?
(a) Love and hate
(b) Dependence and competition
(c) Kindness and anger
(d) Ambition and laziness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say each person must develop on his/her own?
2. The world is so large and devoid of individuality that the author worries about what?
3. What are two ways bonds in marriage are formed?
4. What does Anne believe concentrating on the world's problems might do to someone?
5. How does the author see the oyster shell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has the beach taught the author?
2. What does Anne say about returning to the beginnings of a relationship?
3. How does Anne feel as she leaves the island and what does she think about her time?
4. How does Anne see the difference between everyday task at home and on the island?
5. Anne talks about the different needs for aging adults. What are some of the ideas she expresses?
6. What does the author say about most people wanting duration in life and marriage?
7. How does Anne feel about people who are solely concerned about the problems of the whole?
8. What does Anne suggest each person must do as far as themselves is concerned and what effect would that have on a person's life?
9. What is the Argonauta and how does it use its shell?
10. How has the world changed since modern communication?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)