|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between what two poles have women swung, in the past?
(a) Ambition and laziness
(b) Kindness and anger
(c) Love and hate
(d) Dependence and competition
2. Why does the author think at this stage of life a large house is not necessary?
(a) It cost too much money
(b) It's too much to maintain
(c) The children will move away
(d) It has too many memories
3. What might limit a person's outlook on life?
(a) Trying to stay as simple in the city as on the island
(b) Looking for simplicity, inner integrity and fuller relationships
(c) Not being open to complexity
(d) Looking for easy answers
4. What does the author intend to do about the societal implications of age?
(a) Survive them
(b) Ignore them
(c) Mitigate them
(d) Get rid of them
5. What does age bring with it, according to the author?
(a) Painful joints
(b) The need to shed things
(c) The need for closure
(d) The need for balance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother Argonauta do with her shell after the babies hatch?
2. The author suggests that compassion may not be possible in the modern world for who?
3. How do sailors consider the Argonauta shell?
4. In the beginning of a marriage the author says there's little time to do what?
5. Why is the author amused by the oyster shell?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)