|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does romantic love turn to, according to the author?
(c) Devotion and companionship
(d) Familial love
2. How does the author see the oyster shell?
(a) As a cover for a pearl
(b) Humble, awkward, and ugly
(c) Strange and alien
(d) Beautiful and delicate
3. What do Anne and her visitor do in the afternoon?
(a) Physical work
4. What is the difference between daily living tasks on the island and at home?
(a) There are no tasks on the island
(b) The tasks are quicker in the city
(c) There's not enough time on the island
(d) The tasks are pleasurable on the island
5. Why would she believe the answer to question #151?
(a) One tends to gravitate toward the familiar
(b) She has no time to meet people on the island
(c) She has no friends on the island
(d) Most strange people don't live in cities
Short Answer Questions
1. The author asserts that to expect duration in one's life and relationships is what?
2. What about space around an object changes it?
3. For what was the Argonauta named?
4. What does the author plan to do about her life upon returning home?
5. What type of people does the author believe one would be unlikely to be friends with in a city?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)