|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author believe it will be difficult to remember her thoughts from the beach?
(a) One's thoughts and visions begin to fade
(b) They won't be relevant
(c) Her husband takes up all her time
(d) Life is too hectic at home
2. What do the Anne and her visitor do in the evening?
(a) Relax and talk
(c) Set up a budget
3. What is difficult for a person in a crowd to do?
(a) Stand out
(b) Be the boss
(c) Get to work on time
(d) Change someone's opinion
4. How does society deal with middle/late age?
(a) Condemns it
(b) Fears it
(c) Makes fun of it
(d) Ignores it
5. How do the two function in the small cottage?
(a) They fight about who cooks
(b) They keep knocking into each other
(c) They sleep in shifts
(d) As a dance
Short Answer Questions
1. How do sailors consider the Argonauta shell?
2. Why does Anne take only a few shells home with her?
3. Why does the author think at this stage of life a large house is not necessary?
4. What do most friends in the city do that precludes the answer to question #153?
5. How does Anne see what she's learned the past two weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne see the difference between everyday task at home and on the island?
2. Anne talks about the different needs for aging adults. What are some of the ideas she expresses?
3. How does Anne see the benefit of meeting people on an island as opposed to in a city?
4. What does Anne see as the difference in caring between the modern world and when life was less technical?
5. How does the author use the metaphor of dance in writing about her sister's visit?
6. How does Anne feel about people who are solely concerned about the problems of the whole?
7. How does Anne relate the Argonauta shell to her life?
8. What does Anne think middle age might bring to her relationships?
9. Describe a day at the beach with Anne after her sister arrives.
10. How does Anne feel as she leaves the island and what does she think about her time?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)