Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could happen without inner strength and spiritual solidity?
(a) One could die
(b) One will be depleted
(c) One could be a criminal
(d) One could get sick
2. What does Anne say is valid as far as one-and-only moments?
(a) They're valid for children
(b) They're valid if carefully controlled
(c) They're valid for the first five years
3. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
(a) Being interrupted by another person
(b) That she will get angry
(c) That it will end
(d) That she will die
4. What kind of experience does the author say being alone was for her?
5. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
(a) New knitting patterns
(b) New book ideas
(c) Unconscious thoughts and dreams
(d) New paintings to do
Short Answer Questions
1. What casts a powerful spell on Anne?
2. Men, says the author, has more opportunity at work than women to do what?
3. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
4. What does multiplicity in life lead to, according to the author?
5. What does the author believe most people need?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author feel about the concept of being the "one and only" in a person's life?
2. How does Anne feel about the years to come in her life?
3. What does the author say about most people wanting duration in life and marriage?
4. The author suggests that women are designed to be giving. How does she tie in giving with solitude?
5. Why would a person avoid being alone?
6. How does the author suggest women should obtain solitude?
7. What does Anne suggest each person must do as far as themselves is concerned and what effect would that have on a person's life?
8. What is the solution to problems in a relationship that the author says many people try? How effective is that solution?
9. What has the beach taught the author?
10. What does the author say the beach does for relationships among people?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)