|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe most people need?
2. What does the author say about one and only moments in a relationship?
(a) They are not permanent
(b) They don't exist
(c) They are to be avoided
(d) They aren't healthy
3. Who does Anne use as an example of the simple life?
(a) Modern art
(b) Children in an orphanage
(c) Nuns and monks
(d) Her sister
4. Why does the author have to rush in the city?
(a) To take her children places
(b) To accomplish myriad tasks
(c) To get ahead
(d) To run her business
5. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
(c) Eating well
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long will the author be doing the answer in question #1?
2. What does being alone generally suggest in this society?
3. At the beach, what is the first step to achieving simplicity?
4. What does the author suggest for good parenting?
5. What does the author stress about day to day living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anne's main goal and what would the fulfillment of this goal mean to her?
2. What happens to Anne's mind the second week at the beach?
3. Describe the moon shell.
4. What does the author say the beach does for relationships among people?
5. What does Anne find on one of her first walks on the beach and what does she wonder about it?
6. How does the author suggest women should obtain solitude?
7. How does the author find life at the ocean?
8. How does the author see the difference between a man and a woman in marriage?
9. What is the solution to problems in a relationship that the author says many people try? How effective is that solution?
10. How does the author suggest one might rejuvenate a relationship?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)