|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says if the shells she finds and writes about are lined up across the top of her desk, they can represent what?
(a) Her friends
(b) The days of her vacation
(c) The different stages of any relationship
(d) Her children
2. What are the author's ambitions for the days to come?
(a) To complete an array of simple and pleasurable tasks
(b) To write the first draft of a book
(c) To do nothing
(d) To read fourteen short stories
3. What is the author doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Getting married
(b) Moving to Europe
(c) Taking a vacation
(d) Visiting her children
4. Men, says the author, has more opportunity at work than women to do what?
(a) Talk to people
(b) Have an affair
(c) Giving himself creatively
(d) Earn money
5. What should women do with some of the time freed up in modern times?
(a) Have a hobby
(b) Use it to feed and nourish the center
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is less time spent caring for the home now possible?
2. What would happen if one chose to embrace one-and-only moments all the time?
3. How does Anne decorate her beach cottage?
4. When does one go wrong in desiring love, according to the author?
5. How do people smile at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are obstacles to simplicity in Anne's life?
2. How does the author see the difference between a man and a woman in marriage?
3. How does the author see people, since being at the beach?
4. Why do some people try to stay in the first stage of a relationship?
5. How does this book open and why is the author at the location in the book?
6. What does Anne find on one of her first walks on the beach and what does she wonder about it?
7. Why might Anne want to be alone at the beach?
8. The author suggests that women are designed to be giving. How does she tie in giving with solitude?
9. The author suggests being alone might be good for a person. Why does she say this?
10. What is the solution to problems in a relationship that the author says many people try? How effective is that solution?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)