|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Anne to slip into a state of ease?
(a) The entire vacation
(b) A few days
(c) A week
(d) A few hours
2. What does residing by the sea do for the author?
(a) Heals her cuts
(b) Gives her a tan
(c) Opens a different world
(d) Saves her money
3. What does the author say must be balanced in a woman's life?
(a) Work and play
(b) Knowledge and ignorance
(c) Solitude and communion
(d) Music and quiet
4. How can a homemaker avoid feeling dispensable?
(a) Keep having children
(b) Have a fun hobby
(c) Fulfillment of spirit
(d) Have work outside the home
5. What is the author's suggestion for renewing a relationship?
(a) Separate for six months
(b) Have another child
(c) Start dating someone else for a while
(d) Take time to be alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she do with the books she has stashed in the bag?
2. What would happen if one chose to embrace one-and-only moments all the time?
3. What is a double-sunrise shell?
4. What should women do with some of the time freed up in modern times?
5. Who does Anne Lindbergh believe has helped shape her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Anne's mind the second week at the beach?
2. Why would a person avoid being alone?
3. Describe a double-sunrise shell?
4. Describe the moon shell.
5. Why might Anne want to be alone at the beach?
6. How is the mindset of the second week similar or different from her mindset in the city?
7. How does the author suggest women should obtain solitude?
8. How does the author believe her life has been shaped?
9. What is the solution to problems in a relationship that the author says many people try? How effective is that solution?
10. Describe the author's understanding of the first stage of a relationship.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)