|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author learn to appreciate with in her solitude?
(b) Other people
2. What could happen without inner strength and spiritual solidity?
(a) One could die
(b) One could be a criminal
(c) One will be depleted
(d) One could get sick
3. At the beach, what is the first step to achieving simplicity?
(a) Fast with only liquids
(b) Shed everything unnecessary
(c) Meditate an hour a day
(d) Wear a swim suit
4. What does the author say the inner point of a moon shell does?
(a) Breaks easily
(b) Changes colors
(c) Stares at her
(d) Contains the meat
5. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
(a) That it will end
(b) That she will get angry
(c) That she will die
(d) Being interrupted by another person
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say about one and only moments in a relationship?
2. What removes the desire to think or read within Anne?
3. What does the author believe most people need?
4. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
5. What is Anne's main goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne see the benefit of meeting people on an island as opposed to in a city?
2. What does Anne find on one of her first walks on the beach and what does she wonder about it?
3. What does the author believe people are designed to seek? How do people avoid loneliness?
4. What kind of examples does Anne use to illustrate simplicity in life?
5. How does the author see the difference between a man and a woman in marriage?
6. Anne talks about the different needs for aging adults. What are some of the ideas she expresses?
7. What is the solution to problems in a relationship that the author says many people try? How effective is that solution?
8. How has the world changed since modern communication?
9. What does Anne say is the key to dealing with the whole and moving forward?
10. Describe the author's understanding of the first stage of a relationship.
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)