|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne say about a perfect day?
(a) Life is not filled with continuous perfect days
(b) They happen all the time
(c) They are impossible
(d) Everyday is perfect
2. What does she want to relate to her city life from the beach?
(a) Relate the beach people to the city people
(b) Relate the island paradise to every day life
(c) Relate the shells to cycles
(d) Relate work to play
3. To what does the author compare the oyster shell for comfort?
(a) The gentle sun
(b) A pair of old gardening gloves
(c) A feather bed
(d) Soft sand
4. As far as relationships go, what does the author say is generally not an option?
(a) Getting out easily
(b) Finding peace
(c) Starting a new one with someone else
(d) Returning to the initial stage
5. What do the Anne and her visitor do in the evening?
(a) Set up a budget
(d) Relax and talk
6. The metaphor of dance exquisitely describes the method in which one may approach what?
(a) How to grow young
(b) The unknown and lack of continuity in life
(c) How to learn
7. What is there little time at home to do, according to the author?
(a) Eat a leisurely meal
(b) Walk the dog in the park
(c) Play golf
(d) Conscious reflection with or without people
8. What types of habits does the daily life of marriage have?
(a) Good and bad
(b) Strong and weak
(c) Feminine and masculine
(d) Work and play
9. What has changed in the modern life as far as community goes?
(a) There is no community
(b) The community is widening to include the world
(c) It is much less friendly
(d) Everyone knows your business
10. What might limit a person's outlook on life?
(a) Looking for simplicity, inner integrity and fuller relationships
(b) Not being open to complexity
(c) Looking for easy answers
(d) Trying to stay as simple in the city as on the island
11. In the beginning of a marriage the author says there's little time to do what?
(a) To travel
(b) To simply enjoy the life being built
(c) To have vacations
(d) To have children
12. What does Anne say people must do as far as time goes?
(a) Live in the present
(b) Not think about time at all
(c) Work faster
(d) Throw away all clocks
13. What about space around an object changes it?
(a) Someone might not see it and break it
(b) It could change the color
(c) It could get lost
(d) It can stand out and be noticed and admired
14. What are two ways bonds in marriage are formed?
(a) Having children and hobbies
(b) Working and praying
(c) Loyalties and shared experiences
(d) Taking care of parents and going to school
15. What does Anne say one must be aware of in everyday life?
(a) How to make things happen
(b) Which path to pursue at home
(c) The planet and all its inhabitants
(d) The fastest way to complete tasks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say might sacrifice the present in honor of the future?
2. What is it acceptable for people to do together on the island?
3. The author suggests that compassion may not be possible in the modern world for who?
4. What does the mother Argonauta do with her shell after the babies hatch?
5. What does the author say a woman must discover for herself?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)