|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne say one must be aware of in everyday life?
(a) The fastest way to complete tasks
(b) The planet and all its inhabitants
(c) How to make things happen
(d) Which path to pursue at home
2. What does Anne believe space around an object can do?
(a) Be very dark
(b) Keep people from touching it
(c) Make it look odd
(d) Make it more special
3. How is the shell of the Argonauta used by them?
(a) It is used to dig in the sand
(b) The mother uses it as a cradle for its young
(c) It is used to attract a mate
(d) It is used to attract its prey
4. What does the author plan to do about her life upon returning home?
(a) Pick-up where she left off
(b) Tell her husband to change
(c) Kick her grown children out
(d) Try for more balance
5. How does Anne feel as she leaves the sea?
(b) Nostalgia is already setting in
(c) Tired but peaceful
(d) Tushed she has to get home
6. How does the freedom of being a whole person effect a relationship?
(a) It causes equality in a relationship
(b) It usually breaks up a marriage
(c) It makes a relationship stormy
(d) The role of the person adds a different facet
7. What are people expected to know in modern life?
(a) About everything that goes on
(b) How to raise children
(c) How to earn money
(d) How to be a good spouse
8. How does Anne's feelings change as she prepares to leave the beach?
(a) Happiness for depression
(b) Melancholy for hope
(c) Peace for chaos
(d) Balance for restlessness
9. What does the Argonauta represent to Anne?
(a) To look for balance
(b) Not clinging too tightly to the past
(c) To strive for rare objects
(d) To have a good relationship with her children
10. Why does the author believe it will be difficult to remember her thoughts from the beach?
(a) One's thoughts and visions begin to fade
(b) Her husband takes up all her time
(c) Life is too hectic at home
(d) They won't be relevant
11. What types of habits does the daily life of marriage have?
(a) Feminine and masculine
(b) Strong and weak
(c) Good and bad
(d) Work and play
12. How are some of the ways couples forge ahead in the world, according to the author?
(a) Enjoying life and having a great romance
(b) Attaining a home, career, children
(c) Getting rich, becoming famous
(d) Attaining an education and acquiring knowledge
13. As the author prepares to leave the island what saddens about her life at home?
(a) Her children are gone
(b) Her dog has died
(c) Her husband left her
(d) That it can't be lived like on the island
14. What is it acceptable for people to do together on the island?
(a) To lie about who they are
(b) To be silent in the presence of another
(c) To give each other desserts
(d) To play volleyball together
15. The author suggests that compassion may not be possible in the modern world for who?
(a) Groups of people
(d) Violent countries
Short Answer Questions
1. How are most actions taken for helping people in modern life?
2. In the beginning of a marriage the author says there's little time to do what?
3. What best describes Anne's feelings towards middle age?
4. What has changed in the modern life as far as community goes?
5. Why would she believe the answer to question #151?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)