|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say makes it impossible to stand up for each person in existence?
(a) The lack of heart and soul
(b) The lifespan of a person and demands placed on daily life
(c) The over population of the world
(d) The lack of knowledge
2. What is the relationship of the Argonauta to its shell?
(a) It is not attached to its shell
(b) It doesn't have a shell
(c) It is the same color as its shell
(d) It is the same shape as its shell
3. How does the visit effect Anne's path?
(a) Makes her work harder
(b) Does not diminish the path
(c) Makes it crowded
(d) Makes it noisy
4. The author suggests that compassion may not be possible in the modern world for who?
(b) Violent countries
(d) Groups of people
5. What types of habits does the daily life of marriage have?
(a) Work and play
(b) Strong and weak
(c) Feminine and masculine
(d) Good and bad
6. For what was the Argonauta named?
(a) An old Latin term
(b) Jason's ship as he searched for the golden fleece
(c) Nothing in particular
(d) The Roman God of the sea
7. What does age bring with it, according to the author?
(a) Painful joints
(b) The need for balance
(c) The need to shed things
(d) The need for closure
8. What best describes Anne's feelings towards middle age?
(a) Acceptence and regret
9. What does the author say might sacrifice the present in honor of the future?
(a) Trying to put off too many actions
(b) Trying to live in the past
(c) Trying to balance the individual against the whole
(d) Trying to ignore the day and always think about next week
10. Why must a new community be created in a middle aged relationship?
(a) The community is much larger
(b) To keep it from boredom
(c) The children have left home
(d) Life is slower
11. What does Anne believe is not her responsibility to do?
(a) To help her neighbors
(b) To visit the sick
(c) To raise her grandchildren
(d) Embrace the entire world
12. What are two ways bonds in marriage are formed?
(a) Having children and hobbies
(b) Loyalties and shared experiences
(c) Taking care of parents and going to school
(d) Working and praying
13. What does the author say a woman must discover for herself?
(a) Her talents
(b) Her intelligence
(c) Her identity
(d) Whether she wants children
14. What do most friends in the city do that precludes the answer to question #153?
(a) Go to school long hours
(b) Activities and conversation
(c) Work two jobs
(d) Isolate themselves
15. What does the author intend to do about the societal implications of age?
(a) Survive them
(b) Mitigate them
(c) Get rid of them
(d) Ignore them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say will destroy the beauty and rhythm of the dance?
2. What is the difference between daily living tasks on the island and at home?
3. What does the Argonauta represent to Anne?
4. What has changed in the modern life as far as community goes?
5. The metaphor of dance exquisitely describes the method in which one may approach what?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)