|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spell in question #18 do to Anne?
(a) Makes her invent things
(b) Gives her the ability to talk to those around her
(c) Gives her great ideas for books to write
(d) Revives the dormant ability to relax
2. What can one-and-only moments bring to one's life?
(d) Much needed respite from daily living
3. How can a homemaker avoid feeling dispensable?
(a) Fulfillment of spirit
(b) Keep having children
(c) Have work outside the home
(d) Have a fun hobby
4. During the second week at the sea what returns to Anne?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her children
(c) The ability to think
(d) Her tan from last year
5. What is the author's suggestion for renewing a relationship?
(a) Start dating someone else for a while
(b) Have another child
(c) Take time to be alone
(d) Separate for six months
6. How does the author see the architecture of the channeled whelk?
(a) As a seamless work of art
(b) It is ugly, but functional
(c) It is haphazard
(d) It is dull
7. How does the author think one's true identity is found?
(a) By giving of oneself
(b) By losing oneself
(d) Having goals
8. How is the mindset of the second week at the beach different from the city mindset?
(a) It is creative
(b) It is softer and more playful
(c) It is elusive
(d) It is blank
9. What are the author's ambitions for the days to come?
(a) To write the first draft of a book
(b) To read fourteen short stories
(c) To complete an array of simple and pleasurable tasks
(d) To do nothing
10. From where does the author realize her answers must come?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her sister
(c) Within herself
(d) Her mother
11. To what does the author compare the inner point of the moon shell?
(a) A marriage ring
(b) The circle of life
(d) To a pupil of the eye
12. What does the author believe most people need?
13. What does the author say gets in the way of simplification?
(d) All the details of daily living
14. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
(a) New paintings to do
(b) Unconscious thoughts and dreams
(c) New knitting patterns
(d) New book ideas
15. Why does the author have to rush in the city?
(a) To get ahead
(b) To take her children places
(c) To accomplish myriad tasks
(d) To run her business
Short Answer Questions
1. What does living life an on island do for the author's thoughts?
2. When does one go wrong in desiring love, according to the author?
3. What should women do with some of the time freed up in modern times?
4. What does multiplicity in life lead to, according to the author?
5. Men, says the author, has more opportunity at work than women to do what?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)