|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a double-sunrise shell?
(a) A shell formed from coral
(b) A shell found a sunrise
(c) A shell with red and orange on both sides
(d) Two shells joined at the center
2. At the beach, what is the first thing the author changes about herself?
(a) She unplugs the telephone
(b) She quits taking showers
(c) Her hair, she cuts it very short
(d) Her clothing
3. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
(a) to criminals
(b) To the greedy or impatient
(c) To children who can't be still
(d) To men
4. What can one-and-only moments bring to one's life?
(d) Much needed respite from daily living
5. How is the mindset of the second week at the beach different from the city mindset?
(a) It is softer and more playful
(b) It is creative
(c) It is blank
(d) It is elusive
6. What is a moon shell?
(a) A cresent shaped shell
(b) A shell that makes one depressed
(c) A shell found on the full moon
(d) A snail's shell that has a symmetrical face
7. Anne says every relationship seems how, at the beginning?
8. What does the author say everyone wants out of love?
(a) To be the only one loved by a person
(b) To not be bored
(c) To be faithful
(d) To be taken care of
9. What does she do with the books she has stashed in the bag?
(a) They remain unread
(b) She studies them and writes in them
(c) She reads them at night
(d) She did not bring any books with her
10. According to the author, what is seen as failure in a relationship?
(a) To break up
(b) To stay together too long
(c) To not have children
(d) To not maintain the original pattern
11. What casts a powerful spell on Anne?
(a) The sea
(b) The shells
(c) The breeze
(d) The sun
12. What are the author's ambitions for the days to come?
(a) To read fourteen short stories
(b) To write the first draft of a book
(c) To do nothing
(d) To complete an array of simple and pleasurable tasks
13. What does the author say is required to obtain simplicity?
(b) No family
(c) Being single
(d) Simple surroundings
14. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
(a) New knitting patterns
(b) New book ideas
(c) New paintings to do
(d) Unconscious thoughts and dreams
15. What does the author say is natural and part of the process of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's suggestion for renewing a relationship?
2. What should women do with some of the time freed up in modern times?
3. What is a channeled whelk?
4. For how long will the author be doing the answer in question #1?
5. The author compares to the channeled whelk to what of hers?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)