|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the author equate shedding insincerity?
(a) Facing the morning sun
(b) Taking off a mask
(c) Breathing deeply
(d) Being holy
2. Anne says every relationship seems how, at the beginning?
3. Why does the author believe people often break up a romantic relationship?
(a) Bad sex
(b) Fighting about money and children
(c) Infidelity or too much flirting
(d) People believe a new relationship will solve their problems
4. Who does Anne use as an example of the simple life?
(a) Her sister
(b) Modern art
(c) Children in an orphanage
(d) Nuns and monks
5. How have the author's "roles" in life effected her life?
(a) Made her very happy
(b) Takes a toll on the author's spirit
(c) Fried her brain
(d) Made her tired
6. Men, says the author, has more opportunity at work than women to do what?
(a) Talk to people
(b) Earn money
(c) Have an affair
(d) Giving himself creatively
7. How does Anne decorate her beach cottage?
(a) With her paintings
(b) She doesn't deorate her cottage
(c) With local handicrafts
(d) With gifts from the sea
8. What did Anne experience after the good-bye?
(b) Ghost pain
(d) Sleeping well
9. What does the author say is natural and part of the process of life?
10. At the beach, what is the first thing the author changes about herself?
(a) She unplugs the telephone
(b) Her hair, she cuts it very short
(c) She quits taking showers
(d) Her clothing
11. The author compares to the channeled whelk to what of hers?
(a) Her pendant
(b) The design on her watchband
(c) The shape of her life
(d) Her family ties
12. What does the author stress about day to day living?
(a) It can be wonderful all the time
(b) It's work and life is not a beach
(c) With the right attitude, it's fun
(d) It is boring
13. What does the author seek to do at the sea?
(a) Get a tan
(b) Lose weight
(c) Meet a man
(d) Free herself from the demands of city life
14. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
(a) Eating well
15. How is the mindset of the second week at the beach different from the city mindset?
(a) It is softer and more playful
(b) It is creative
(c) It is elusive
(d) It is blank
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she do with the books she has stashed in the bag?
2. How does Anne feel about her roles in life?
3. To what does the author compare the inner point of the moon shell?
4. What is Anne's main goal?
5. What kind of container does she carry to the beach everyday?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)