|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
(a) That it will end
(b) Being interrupted by another person
(c) That she will get angry
(d) That she will die
2. Why is less time spent caring for the home now possible?
(a) Smaller houses
(b) Smaller families
(c) Men help
(d) A myriad inventions
3. At the beach, what is the first step to achieving simplicity?
(a) Shed everything unnecessary
(b) Wear a swim suit
(c) Meditate an hour a day
(d) Fast with only liquids
4. What is Anne's main goal?
(a) To obtain enlightenment
(b) To be rich
(c) To obtain peace
(d) To publish a lot of books
5. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
(a) New knitting patterns
(b) New paintings to do
(c) New book ideas
(d) Unconscious thoughts and dreams
6. What removes the desire to think or read within Anne?
(a) The exercise from swimming
(b) The nice people around her
(c) The solitude and serenity of the ocean
(d) The sun making her sleepy
7. What should women do with some of the time freed up in modern times?
(b) Have a hobby
(d) Use it to feed and nourish the center
8. How does Anne decorate her beach cottage?
(a) She doesn't deorate her cottage
(b) With her paintings
(c) With gifts from the sea
(d) With local handicrafts
9. During the second week at the sea what returns to Anne?
(a) Her tan from last year
(b) The ability to think
(c) Her husband
(d) Her children
10. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
(a) To children who can't be still
(b) To the greedy or impatient
(c) to criminals
(d) To men
11. What would happen if one chose to embrace one-and-only moments all the time?
(a) There's be no room for others
(b) It would be too chaotic
(c) It would get boring
(d) It would be frustrating
12. According to the author, what is seen as failure in a relationship?
(a) To break up
(b) To not maintain the original pattern
(c) To not have children
(d) To stay together too long
13. What does the author say is natural and part of the process of life?
14. Why does she believe people seek meaningless activities when there's nothing to do?
(a) To keep from thinking
(b) To keep from remembering something bad
(c) To fill the void of time
(d) So they don't get bored
15. Anne says every relationship seems how, at the beginning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does solitude have on people?
2. What does the author say everyone wants out of love?
3. What does Anne wishes she could do with the cottage?
4. What can one-and-only moments bring to one's life?
5. What complicates a pure relationship?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)