|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a homemaker avoid feeling dispensable?
(a) Fulfillment of spirit
(b) Have work outside the home
(c) Keep having children
(d) Have a fun hobby
2. How does the author view being alone for two weeks?
(a) As a wonderful vacation
(b) As a spiritual step to sainthood
(c) As boring
(d) It presents a challenge
3. Men, says the author, has more opportunity at work than women to do what?
(a) Giving himself creatively
(b) Talk to people
(c) Earn money
(d) Have an affair
4. At the beginning of a relationship what kind of world exist for two people?
(b) An exciting world
(c) A happier world
(d) A wider world
5. How does the author see the architecture of the channeled whelk?
(a) It is dull
(b) It is haphazard
(c) It is ugly, but functional
(d) As a seamless work of art
6. What does the author stress about day to day living?
(a) It is boring
(b) With the right attitude, it's fun
(c) It can be wonderful all the time
(d) It's work and life is not a beach
7. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
(a) To children who can't be still
(b) To men
(c) to criminals
(d) To the greedy or impatient
8. What does the author say gets in the way of simplification?
(a) All the details of daily living
9. What is Anne's main goal?
(a) To obtain peace
(b) To be rich
(c) To publish a lot of books
(d) To obtain enlightenment
10. What does the author say about one and only moments in a relationship?
(a) They aren't healthy
(b) They don't exist
(c) They are not permanent
(d) They are to be avoided
11. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
(a) That it will end
(b) That she will get angry
(c) Being interrupted by another person
(d) That she will die
12. What did Anne experience after the good-bye?
(a) Ghost pain
(d) Sleeping well
13. The author says if the shells she finds and writes about are lined up across the top of her desk, they can represent what?
(a) The different stages of any relationship
(b) Her children
(c) The days of her vacation
(d) Her friends
14. At the beach, what is the first step to achieving simplicity?
(a) Fast with only liquids
(b) Wear a swim suit
(c) Shed everything unnecessary
(d) Meditate an hour a day
15. What would happen if one chose to embrace one-and-only moments all the time?
(a) It would get boring
(b) It would be too chaotic
(c) There's be no room for others
(d) It would be frustrating
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a pure relationship not to be desired?
2. What removes the desire to think or read within Anne?
3. Why does the author believe people often break up a romantic relationship?
4. What does the author say must be balanced in a woman's life?
5. What does being alone generally suggest in this society?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)