|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a homemaker avoid feeling dispensable?
(a) Have work outside the home
(b) Have a fun hobby
(c) Keep having children
(d) Fulfillment of spirit
2. When does one go wrong in desiring love, according to the author?
(a) When one wants to keep exclusivity forever
(b) When wanting someone already married
(c) When wanting the person with them all the time
(d) When being jealousy
3. How does Anne feel about her roles in life?
(a) They bore her
(b) She resents them
(c) She is indifferent to them
(d) She deeply desires to maintain them
4. What does the author stress about day to day living?
(a) It's work and life is not a beach
(b) It is boring
(c) With the right attitude, it's fun
(d) It can be wonderful all the time
5. What does the author say is required to obtain simplicity?
(a) Simple surroundings
(b) No family
(d) Being single
6. What did Anne experience after the good-bye?
(a) Sleeping well
(b) Ghost pain
7. What complicates a pure relationship?
(a) Contact with the world
8. How is the mindset of the second week at the beach different from the city mindset?
(a) It is softer and more playful
(b) It is blank
(c) It is elusive
(d) It is creative
9. At the beach, what is the first thing the author changes about herself?
(a) Her hair, she cuts it very short
(b) Her clothing
(c) She quits taking showers
(d) She unplugs the telephone
10. What does the author forget when she's in the city?
(a) Clean air
(b) The stars
(c) Clean water
(d) The rhythm and the pace of the sea
11. What happens to the pencils she carries?
(a) They get wet and don't work well
(b) They get dull from use
(c) She loses them
(d) The leads break
12. Who does Anne use as an example of the simple life?
(a) Nuns and monks
(b) Her sister
(c) Children in an orphanage
(d) Modern art
13. What does the spell in question #18 do to Anne?
(a) Makes her invent things
(b) Gives her the ability to talk to those around her
(c) Gives her great ideas for books to write
(d) Revives the dormant ability to relax
14. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
(a) New knitting patterns
(b) New paintings to do
(c) Unconscious thoughts and dreams
(d) New book ideas
15. What part of a relationship is pure, according to the author?
(a) After ten years
(b) When eating the other's cooking
(c) At the end
(d) The first part
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
2. During the second week at the sea what returns to Anne?
3. What does the author say is natural and part of the process of life?
4. What does the author suggest for good parenting?
5. What does multiplicity in life lead to, according to the author?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)