|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach at My Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
(d) Eating well
2. Why does Anne take only a few shells home with her?
(a) She didn't have room in her suitcase
(b) The less she has the more they'll be appreciated
(c) There weren't many shells at that beach
(d) Her husband didn't like smelly shells
3. What will she use to remind her of the island at home?
(a) A journal
(b) The letters she wrote home
(c) The photos she took
(d) Her shells
4. What should women do with some of the time freed up in modern times?
(c) Have a hobby
(d) Use it to feed and nourish the center
5. What did Anne experience after the good-bye?
(b) Ghost pain
(d) Sleeping well
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother Argonauta do with her shell after the babies hatch?
2. Why might women feel resentful about giving?
3. Why does the author believe it will be difficult to remember her thoughts from the beach?
4. What does multiplicity in life lead to, according to the author?
5. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)