|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach at My Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say about one and only moments in a relationship?
(a) They are to be avoided
(b) They don't exist
(c) They are not permanent
(d) They aren't healthy
2. According to the author, what is seen as failure in a relationship?
(a) To not have children
(b) To stay together too long
(c) To not maintain the original pattern
(d) To break up
3. What do Anne and her visitor do in the morning?
4. To what does the author equate shedding insincerity?
(a) Being holy
(b) Facing the morning sun
(c) Taking off a mask
(d) Breathing deeply
5. What does being alone generally suggest in this society?
(a) That one is from outer space
(b) That one is rejected if alone
(c) That one is a genius
(d) That one is special
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne feel about her roles in life?
2. Why is the author amused by the oyster shell?
3. What is Anne afraid of when she is alone and feeling peaceful?
4. From where does the author realize her answers must come?
5. Why does the author think at this stage of life a large house is not necessary?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)