|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach at My Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is required to obtain simplicity?
(a) No family
(b) Simple surroundings
(d) Being single
2. What would happen if one chose to embrace one-and-only moments all the time?
(a) It would be frustrating
(b) It would get boring
(c) It would be too chaotic
(d) There's be no room for others
3. What can one do in solitude?
(a) One may let go
(b) One may feed the spirit
(c) One may be quiet
(d) One may concentrate
4. Why does the author think at this stage of life a large house is not necessary?
(a) It cost too much money
(b) It's too much to maintain
(c) The children will move away
(d) It has too many memories
5. According to the author, what happens to the original essence of a relationship?
(a) Gets buried under the impediments of life
(b) Gets boring
(c) Dies out from hormones
(d) Gets buried under jealousy or insecurity
Short Answer Questions
1. When does one go wrong in desiring love, according to the author?
2. What part of a relationship is pure, according to the author?
3. What about the author's life makes it more difficult to achieve simplicity?
4. What does the author say gets in the way of simplification?
5. What does the author say is required of an artist?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)