|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach at My Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author forget when she's in the city?
(a) The rhythm and the pace of the sea
(b) The stars
(c) Clean air
(d) Clean water
2. What kind of experience does the author say being alone was for her?
3. What does Anne see as how people seem in modern life?
(a) Much more dishonest
(b) More kind and giving
(c) People tend to become faceless
(d) More self-centered
4. Anne says that only by learning the truth and beauty in the individual we can do what?
(a) Not have war
(b) Deal with the whole
(c) Not have to deal with the world
(d) Not have crime
5. What does Anne believe is possible at the beach as far as shelter is concerned?
(a) A simple shelter is adequate
(b) One needs no shelter
(c) It has to have a comfortable bed
(d) A beautiful shelter is necessary for peace
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most friends in the city do that precludes the answer to question #153?
2. Who does Anne use as an example of the simple life?
3. To what does the author compare the inner point of the moon shell?
4. What part of a relationship is pure, according to the author?
5. What did Anne experience after the good-bye?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)