|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Few Shells.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's suggestion for renewing a relationship?
(a) Start dating someone else for a while
(b) Have another child
(c) Take time to be alone
(d) Separate for six months
2. How does the freedom of being a whole person effect a relationship?
(a) The role of the person adds a different facet
(b) It makes a relationship stormy
(c) It causes equality in a relationship
(d) It usually breaks up a marriage
3. When does one go wrong in desiring love, according to the author?
(a) When wanting the person with them all the time
(b) When wanting someone already married
(c) When one wants to keep exclusivity forever
(d) When being jealousy
4. What two actions does the author say are not acceptable paths to simplicity?
(a) Being famous
(b) Becoming rich
(c) Having more than three children
(d) Total renunciation or total acceptance of the world
5. What does the author say gets in the way of simplification?
(c) All the details of daily living
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a married woman's concerns keep her from doing?
2. What is a moon shell?
3. What kind of schedule does the author say is necessary on the island?
4. At the beginning of a relationship what kind of world exist for two people?
5. The author says if the shells she finds and writes about are lined up across the top of her desk, they can represent what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)