|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Few Shells.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are some of the ways couples forge ahead in the world, according to the author?
(a) Attaining a home, career, children
(b) Getting rich, becoming famous
(c) Attaining an education and acquiring knowledge
(d) Enjoying life and having a great romance
2. According to the author, what is seen as failure in a relationship?
(a) To stay together too long
(b) To break up
(c) To not maintain the original pattern
(d) To not have children
3. What does the author say everyone wants out of love?
(a) To not be bored
(b) To be faithful
(c) To be taken care of
(d) To be the only one loved by a person
4. What does the author suggest people living in society are like?
(b) Grains of sand, crowded and gritty
(c) Trees, with branches reaching out to each other
5. How can a homemaker avoid feeling dispensable?
(a) Keep having children
(b) Fulfillment of spirit
(c) Have a fun hobby
(d) Have work outside the home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say will destroy the beauty and rhythm of the dance?
2. What type of people does the author believe one would be unlikely to be friends with in a city?
3. What pains and amuses the author about married women and the church?
4. What did Anne experience after the good-bye?
5. What is the author's suggestion for renewing a relationship?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)