|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Few Shells.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author compares to the channeled whelk to what of hers?
(a) The design on her watchband
(b) Her family ties
(c) Her pendant
(d) The shape of her life
2. What does the author say will destroy the beauty and rhythm of the dance?
(a) Treading too heavily or holding too tightly
(b) If the cottage was any smaller
(c) Fighting over a relationship
(d) If they wanted to both shower at the same time
3. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
(a) To the greedy or impatient
(b) to criminals
(c) To children who can't be still
(d) To men
4. What pains and amuses the author about married women and the church?
(a) Married women are rarely canonized
(b) They have to sit with their husbands
(c) They can't become priests
(d) They don't have time for church
5. What do most friends in the city do that precludes the answer to question #153?
(a) Go to school long hours
(b) Work two jobs
(c) Activities and conversation
(d) Isolate themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne Lindbergh believe has helped shape her life?
2. What does Anne say is valid as far as one-and-only moments?
3. To what does Anne compare saying good-bye?
4. What is a channeled whelk?
5. What does the author say about one and only moments in a relationship?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)