|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Double-Sunrise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beach, what is the first thing the author changes about herself?
(a) Her clothing
(b) Her hair, she cuts it very short
(c) She quits taking showers
(d) She unplugs the telephone
2. What removes the desire to think or read within Anne?
(a) The sun making her sleepy
(b) The exercise from swimming
(c) The solitude and serenity of the ocean
(d) The nice people around her
3. What does Anne say is valid as far as one-and-only moments?
(a) They're valid for children
(b) They're valid for the first five years
(c) They're valid if carefully controlled
4. What happens to the pencils she carries?
(a) She loses them
(b) They get dull from use
(c) The leads break
(d) They get wet and don't work well
5. What two actions does the author say are not acceptable paths to simplicity?
(a) Being famous
(b) Having more than three children
(c) Becoming rich
(d) Total renunciation or total acceptance of the world
Short Answer Questions
1. How can a homemaker avoid feeling dispensable?
2. To what does Anne compare saying good-bye?
3. What is the author's suggestion for renewing a relationship?
4. Why does the author believe people often break up a romantic relationship?
5. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)