|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Channeled Whelk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the channeled whelk represent to the author?
(a) Designs of man
(b) An existence of simplicity
(c) Knitting a sock
(d) Convoluted schemes
2. What does the author say is required to obtain simplicity?
(b) Simple surroundings
(c) No family
(d) Being single
3. What does Anne become one with?
(a) The sun
(b) The people around her
(c) The rhythms of the sea
(d) The sand
4. How does the author view being alone for two weeks?
(a) As a spiritual step to sainthood
(b) It presents a challenge
(c) As a wonderful vacation
(d) As boring
5. To what does the author equate shedding insincerity?
(a) Breathing deeply
(b) Taking off a mask
(c) Being holy
(d) Facing the morning sun
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne Lindbergh believe has helped shape her life?
2. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
3. What is a channeled whelk?
4. How have the author's "roles" in life effected her life?
5. At the beach, what is the first thing the author changes about herself?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)