|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Channeled Whelk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne believe is possible at the beach as far as shelter is concerned?
(a) It has to have a comfortable bed
(b) A beautiful shelter is necessary for peace
(c) A simple shelter is adequate
(d) One needs no shelter
2. What is a channeled whelk?
(a) A type of seaweed
(b) Where boats come to the harbor
(c) A type of coral
(d) A small snail-like creature
3. What does the state of ease allow?
(a) For her to talk to others
(b) For her to sleep
(c) Her to focus on inner thoughts and observations
(d) For her to relax
4. What does the author say gets in the way of simplification?
(b) All the details of daily living
5. For how long will the author be doing the answer in question #1?
(a) Two weeks
(b) A year
(c) Two months
(d) Three days
Short Answer Questions
1. What two actions does the author say are not acceptable paths to simplicity?
2. How do the author feel about clearing her mind and focusing solely on the sea?
3. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
4. Why does the author have to rush in the city?
5. How does the author view being alone for two weeks?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)