|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Channeled Whelk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the author's ambitions for the days to come?
(a) To complete an array of simple and pleasurable tasks
(b) To write the first draft of a book
(c) To read fourteen short stories
(d) To do nothing
2. The author compares to the channeled whelk to what of hers?
(a) Her family ties
(b) The design on her watchband
(c) Her pendant
(d) The shape of her life
3. What happens to the pencils she carries?
(a) The leads break
(b) They get dull from use
(c) She loses them
(d) They get wet and don't work well
4. How do the author feel about clearing her mind and focusing solely on the sea?
(a) She doesn't want to do it
(b) It is a difficult task
(c) It is easy
(d) She thinks she has to do it
5. How does the author see the architecture of the channeled whelk?
(a) As a seamless work of art
(b) It is dull
(c) It is haphazard
(d) It is ugly, but functional
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of container does she carry to the beach everyday?
2. To what does the author equate shedding insincerity?
3. What does the author say gets in the way of simplification?
4. What is the author doing at the beginning of the book?
5. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)