|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Channeled Whelk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne's main goal?
(a) To obtain peace
(b) To publish a lot of books
(c) To obtain enlightenment
(d) To be rich
2. What does a married woman's concerns keep her from doing?
(a) Being independent
(b) Being selfish
(c) Going out with lots of men
(d) Having a creative, contemplative or saintly life
3. Who does Anne use as an example of the simple life?
(a) Children in an orphanage
(b) Her sister
(c) Modern art
(d) Nuns and monks
4. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
(a) To the greedy or impatient
(b) To men
(c) To children who can't be still
(d) to criminals
5. How long does it take Anne to slip into a state of ease?
(a) A week
(b) A few days
(c) The entire vacation
(d) A few hours
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the author's "roles" in life effected her life?
2. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
3. How does Anne feel about her roles in life?
4. What does the author seek to do at the sea?
5. What kind of container does she carry to the beach everyday?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)