|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Channeled Whelk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne believe is possible at the beach as far as shelter is concerned?
(a) It has to have a comfortable bed
(b) A beautiful shelter is necessary for peace
(c) One needs no shelter
(d) A simple shelter is adequate
2. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
(a) Eating well
3. During the second week, what comes forth in Anne's mind?
(a) New paintings to do
(b) Unconscious thoughts and dreams
(c) New book ideas
(d) New knitting patterns
4. At the beach, what is the first thing the author changes about herself?
(a) Her hair, she cuts it very short
(b) She unplugs the telephone
(c) Her clothing
(d) She quits taking showers
5. What does a married woman's concerns keep her from doing?
(a) Being selfish
(b) Being independent
(c) Going out with lots of men
(d) Having a creative, contemplative or saintly life
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne feel about her roles in life?
2. For how long will the author be doing the answer in question #1?
3. What does the author say is required to obtain simplicity?
4. What does multiplicity in life lead to, according to the author?
5. What are the author's ambitions for the days to come?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)