|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Channeled Whelk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the pencils she carries?
(a) They get dull from use
(b) The leads break
(c) She loses them
(d) They get wet and don't work well
2. How does Anne feel about her roles in life?
(a) She deeply desires to maintain them
(b) She is indifferent to them
(c) She resents them
(d) They bore her
3. What does the author consider one of the most important techniques for living?
(a) Eating well
4. What does the author say gets in the way of simplification?
(d) All the details of daily living
5. What about the author's life makes it more difficult to achieve simplicity?
(a) Her husband is unfaithful
(b) She has to work
(c) Her life is subject to public scrutiny
(d) She has too many children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne wishes she could do with the cottage?
2. What does residing by the sea do for the author?
3. What does the author forget when she's in the city?
4. How long does it take Anne to slip into a state of ease?
5. What is the author doing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)