|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Channeled Whelk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of container does she carry to the beach everyday?
(a) A canteen
(b) A leather purse
(c) A terry cloth bag
(d) A faded straw bag
2. How does the author see the architecture of the channeled whelk?
(a) It is haphazard
(b) It is ugly, but functional
(c) As a seamless work of art
(d) It is dull
3. What does Anne believe is possible at the beach as far as shelter is concerned?
(a) A beautiful shelter is necessary for peace
(b) A simple shelter is adequate
(c) One needs no shelter
(d) It has to have a comfortable bed
4. The author compares to the channeled whelk to what of hers?
(a) Her pendant
(b) The shape of her life
(c) The design on her watchband
(d) Her family ties
5. At the beach, what is the first thing the author changes about herself?
(a) Her hair, she cuts it very short
(b) Her clothing
(c) She unplugs the telephone
(d) She quits taking showers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is required to obtain simplicity?
2. What does she do with the books she has stashed in the bag?
3. Who preached against the dangers of multiplicity in the third century?
4. What pains and amuses the author about married women and the church?
5. What removes the desire to think or read within Anne?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)