|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Few Shells.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne say about the tasks at home and time?
(a) They are fun with her children
(b) Her husband helps her
(c) They eat up valuable time
(d) They are quick and easy
2. Why might women feel resentful about giving?
(a) Because no one else does
(b) If it is is without purpose
(c) Because men don't
(d) Because it cost too much
3. To what does Anne compare saying good-bye?
(a) An amputation
(b) A happy moment
(c) A sad moment
(d) A necessary moment
4. What can one do in solitude?
(a) One may let go
(b) One may be quiet
(c) One may feed the spirit
(d) One may concentrate
5. What does Anne become one with?
(a) The rhythms of the sea
(b) The people around her
(c) The sun
(d) The sand
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne use as an example of the simple life?
2. What will the moon shell placed on her desk in Connecticut do for the author?
3. What does Anne believe is possible at the beach as far as shelter is concerned?
4. What does the author intend to do about the societal implications of age?
5. In the beginning of a marriage the author says there's little time to do what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)