|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Few Shells.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom will the sea not give its gifts?
(a) To children who can't be still
(b) To men
(c) To the greedy or impatient
(d) to criminals
2. How long does it take Anne to slip into a state of ease?
(a) A few days
(b) A few hours
(c) A week
(d) The entire vacation
3. Men, says the author, has more opportunity at work than women to do what?
(a) Talk to people
(b) Have an affair
(c) Earn money
(d) Giving himself creatively
4. When does one go wrong in desiring love, according to the author?
(a) When wanting someone already married
(b) When one wants to keep exclusivity forever
(c) When wanting the person with them all the time
(d) When being jealousy
5. What kind of container does she carry to the beach everyday?
(a) A leather purse
(b) A faded straw bag
(c) A canteen
(d) A terry cloth bag
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she do with the books she has stashed in the bag?
2. The author asserts that to expect duration in one's life and relationships is what?
3. What does the spell in question #18 do to Anne?
4. What effect does solitude have on people?
5. What makes people seem different on the island from people in the city?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)